So I had been going to the same Bank of America for about a year to cash my payroll checks, since that is where my employers drafts our payroll checks from. Everytime I would go in they would ask if I was a Bank of America customer and I would say no and then they would ask if I wanted to open an account. I would always say no, UNTIL October 1, 2012. I went it to cash my check as usual and the tell said, "If you sign up for a Bank of America checking account today and have your check direct deposited then we will deposit $100 into your account" . So I said, why not, although I bank at Wells Fargo, whats the harm in having another checking account with direct deposit.
So I wait in the lobby for a banking associate and I am then taken to a room where the associate RUSHES through signing me up for my account. She never explained the difference between their accounts, nor did she explain any fees or restrictions regarding the checking and savings account I was signing up for. She signed my up in a matter of 20 minutes and I was out the door and on my way!
Fast forward a couple of months and I have all these fees associated with both accounts, I call to inquire and they let me know that these fees are from transfering money from my savings to checking. I let the customer service rep know I was never informed of this and I then inquire about the $100 promotion I never received and they say , they will research it and get back to me.
3 days later I get a call from a banking associate, who informs me that I didn't sign up for my direct deposit in time and that I am not eligible for the promotion. I tell him that never was I given any paperwork that stated that there was and end date to the promotion OR that I had to sign up for direct deposit within a certain time.
So here I am sill dealing with this awful company. The "supervisor" has called my 3 days in a row, and when I call her back she is never there, then I am transferred to someone who just repeats the same information over and over, "you are not eligible because you did not sign up for the direct deposit withing the time frame" Whats even worse is when I call the Marina Del Rey branch, they not only never answer their phone but say the same thing that customer service dose. However, one of their tellers did acknowledge that they didn't disclose the terms of their promotion.
Bank of America has horrible customer service and horrible business practices. I will be transfering all my funds to my Wells Fargo Account and closing all of my Bank of America accounts.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years..."
- "Check this out, giving me access to other company accounts. And then check out the response email I recieve from them when I file a complaint. Yes sorry..."
- "Got charged a late fee on January 5, 2012 stating that my payment didn't arrive before 5:00 pm on January 5, 2012. So, they charged a late fee of $25.00...."
- "Dropped my dog off for a four day stay. we took him back to the kennel he was assigned and left. Upon return I went back to the back to..."
- "Oxymoron Entertainment's Christopher Mallick and Larry Chavana. Also implicated are Oxymoron Entertainment's "President" whom we will name in the next addition, in addition to related assets and former associates...."
- "Went to SignsNow based on a recommendation for my restaurant. Adam, the owner, met with us and we described what we wanted. The lit sign was going to..."
- "not that 911 wasnt enugh but yet still our united states government is training the people who attacked us how to control drones and every night them drones aate in..."
- "I went online to order the Uniquely Yours plan which quoted a price for $241.99 but when I went to order it changed the price up to $339.99. I called..."
- "The worst builder ever we're at seven months after closing every room has spackle on every wall these warranty representatives there like used car salesman they will come out promise..."