Bank Of America - Closure of account mess

I lived in CA for 2.5 years with a Bank of America account.When I moved to NZ I needed to close the account.

I rang the bank and made arrangements for the account to be closed and the outstanding balance to be sent by check. Two months later, nothing. I rang the bank, they said the account was closed, but check not sent. They then reopened the account and told me I didn't close it!

Then locked me out of my online account, so my account is now closed buy I have no idea of where my money is, I can't access the online message bank and there is no phone option to talk to a banking person, only preset recorded messages.I am so mad!

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
boa sux

Feb 20, 2013 #611732 San Antonio, Texas

You should have withdrawn all of your money before closing your account or written a check to yourself for the remaing balance.

0 0 Reply

Feb 20, 2013 #611729 Oregon City, Oregon

So mad I have kept my NEA BofA account for emergencies and have a 6000 limit. Have only used it a little bit but last summer I went to Europe and paid for my son to come home for a wedding. Already have paid all but 800 off. My daughter called and her car she just paid 1200 in repairs for now needs another 800 repair. I said I would just put it on this account and we could pay i off together which will not take long.

Called BofA about using a check they sent and they inform me that Bof A has closed those NEA accounts and I can no longer use it. This even though I am getting regular bills showing the credit limit and have had not notice. Now I might be able to use it once I complained if I submit to a credit check and wait for the head office to call (during my classes) the next day.

:sigh I am pissed! How would a consumer know. Never B of A again.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bank Of America. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Bank Of America.
Filing a new complaint about