Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Bank Of America in Dallas, Texas - Don't Care Action

I received a letter form one of my credit cards stating that my limit is lowered due to a negative credit report. I have no idea what was happening, when I researched with Equifax, Bank of America put me on a negative report for a 30 day lateness on my mortgage payment. I' a mortgage customer of 16 years never late on my payments. I was unaware of this action because I truly forgot to send the payment due to my finals in college and my externship. They never call me, or sent me a letter to remind me BADDDDDDD
#203349

The mortgage is due the same time of the month, every month...and the letter to remind you? how about the bill...They are required to send the late notice to the credit reporting agencies

Review
#203895 Review #203895 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Do not do business with Bank of America!!!

We have closed 4 accts over the past 12 months with this bank (savings, business, checking accts). They are the most arrogant, snotty and rude customer serv reps I've ever experienced. They will not answer their (local) phone...they just let it ring until an automated system picks up. One day after phoning 11 times (this is no lie), throughout the morn & afternoon, I actually faxed them a huge note and asked ANYONE, SOMEONE to call me! At the very end of the day, someone finally called me. He said "oh, we were too busy to answer the phone". They just don't give a S**@!! Almost every single transaction with this bank led to some issue..problem...or ridiculous request. It's like they do it on purpose just because this bank truely hates people. Stay away from this bank....if you have an account there, CLOSE IT! and never do business with them. I'm SO glad I left. My new credit union is WONDERFUL!
Review
#203291 Review #203291 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Getting run around by Bank Of America

Anyone else having issues with Bank Of America and loan modification? Have been in so-called "review" status for 3 months. Sent every piece of information they asked for back in July. I have called twice a week, every week since and have been told we've received everything and it's in review. Called today, because last Rep said to call after the 15th. I was told that they were requesting financial documents, everything that I already sent them months ago in July. I also faxed the info again in August and have sent updated bank statements and pay stubs every week since. Then when you state that you've already sent everything they just say, you have to send again if you want to be reviewed! I was given a supervisors phone# 4 weeks ago and have left her 19 messages and not one return call. So frustrated! Maybe that's what they want, you to "give up"??

BOA made an error on our account by putting someone elses pymt into our account. After 5 calls to try and see where this money came from I was told since I did not have a money transfer cn, they could not tell me.

Turns out they took the money back out did not notify us of this, we got on internet to let them know we had made a paymt and to our horror we owed $1600.

NO LETTER, NO PHONE NOTHING TO INFORM US OF THEIR MISTAKE, so I am talking to them today the problem has been fixed but it cost us an extra $400 last month which caused us to fall behind , we owe for July and August, but was just told this am there was nothing they could do because we received the benefits of the mess up when it happened. WHAT A CROCK AND WHO CAN I CALL, I WILL BE REFINANCING SOON THANK GOD :(

#311917

wow, 3 years! 3 years of BofA ***.

They have no idea who owns my mortgage. I am told wells fargo, but HSBC has my house lined and that it who I am being foreclosed by. They say no.

that is not true.. then why can't i remove the lean.

We are going through the same thing. I lost my job and am currently on unemployment.

We filed for the Home Affordable Modification in July 2010. In August 2010, I called back and they said that they do not have any information in their computers. So, we filed again. We faxed the paperwork even before we got the packet.

I called every week and stayed on top of everything. I called to verify that they received our paperwork and they never did. Then, we were back to square one. We sent everything again.

We were transferred to all different people who had no idea what they were talking about. One representative told us not to worry and the best way to get to the top of the list for the program wasto miss 2-3 payments. I was concerned by this and was reassured that there are over 200 programs and we would get approved by one faster if we did this. So we did, now after all of this, I called on Nov.

9th to get an update for the negotiator and he tells me that we have been denied and when i asked him what can we do from here, he told me to get a job. I called HUD and they are helping us with this matter. I also emailed Barbara.J.Desoer@bankofamerica.com who is in the chairmans office at Bank of America and my state representative, which was advised by HUD. This is such a mess and now Bank of America is telling us if we dont pay the amount owed in full by Nov.

16th, they will start foreclosure proceedings. This is absolutely ridiculous. They are the most ignorant and incompatant people I have eer spoke to in my life.

Maybe we can help each other out by exchanging notes. I wish you all the best.

suebru2448
#208042

Update: Called BOA and were denied loan modification and any partial claim. Was out of work for 7 months and couldn't make our normal payment.

Now back to work and can make our regular payment again, but they refuse to offer any help with the back payments. Denial date of 10/29, but no call or letter yet. Rep couldn't tell me why we were denied...surprise!

Now that we're denied (I did send in recent pay stubs showing back to work, but guess they don't care)....how quickly will they move on the foreclosure process? Took them four months to review for Mod, probably will be much quicker on getting foreclosure started.

#205067

Connie is right, they are fairly good at transferring to another department. They fail at everything else.

This has to be purposeful obfuscation. The gov't wants them to modify loans, and they don't want to when they can grind us and foreclose on us. The mortgage crisis is not over; it's just building up to the next big meltdown when those of us who are currently in limbo lose our homes, flooding the market and driving down values so that the banks cannot collect what they are owed.

Either B of A and the other banks can't see the long term effects, or they see a longer term than we do, with lots of human collateral damage leading to some endgame that works out for them, and only them. :(

#204902

thanks for the comment. I have been jumping through hoops for these *** for months and have been working on a modification for over a year!

Can they put anyone on the phone that knows ANYTHING!! The only thing they're good at is transferring you to another department, and really there not good at that either, can't say how many times I've been disconnected. I also faxed them my info several times (it must get lost in there circular file).

Maybe since I filed a complaint, I'll get somewhere. Good luck and please wish me luck too .....we'll need it.

View more comments (5)
Review
#203200 Review #203200 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
Free Legal assistance in class action against Bank of America. complete explaination of your rights. Bank of America is guilty of embezzalment. they are your bookeepers. mortification of your insurance money. Insurance premiums provide banks with the capital for your...
#204190

I missed payments from Oct 09 to March 2010 when I was offered the trial program. Like most, the 3 month trial extended to 8 months.

After receiving 2 denials which I fought, I finally was approved for the permanent loan modification, but here is the catch folks. First, the loan modification document arrived via Fedex on Oct 25, 2010. The effective date of the mod was written as July 2010. Secondly, My arrearages from Oct 09 - to July 2010 less trial payments totalled 11,980.

BOA "invstor" says I owe $35,659.81 which they so graciously will defer until my home is sold, at which time they will take that chunck out at closing. They have GOT TO BE OUT OF THEIR MINDS. First of all, in this economy and plumetting home sale prices, there is no way I will gain #35K at closing. And if I do.

BOA wants to take it all. BERNAKE PLEASE HELP THE LITTLE PEOPLE (LOL)

Review
#202949 Review #202949 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bank of america.

most people do not know the banks, all banks, get their capital, their dough, thier money, thier cash ect. the stuff you borrow for a morgage.. from you. the consumer. if you really want to fight back, stand up for yourself.. if you are so pissed at how they spend your money, stop giving it to them. i dont mean your morgage agreement, by all means honor your morgage at something reasonable like 2% intrest or half your payments. if you are so determined to waste money on lawyers who are just thieves who pretend to be smarter than you. go to the library and read the constitution of the united states, and the declaration of independance. the banks can only abuse you if you let them. every time you buy, insurance any kind.... health, life, auto, travel, business, ect. the premiums are the banks assets. we have 30 year morgages because it takes the bank 30 yrs to collect the money from you. you borrow your own money for a morgage you can do whatever you want with it. its already yours. most insurance policys have terrible coverage anyway. if the banks are abusing you, stop buying insurance.every bank in america would be bankrupt. oh laws force you to buy insurance. so if you have a job and all your money goes to insurance and morgage, you are not employed you are a slave. read the constitution. abraham lincoln abolished that. use commen sense war causes death, riots destroy property. if you work for nothing stop working..gee take a break. you earned it. you have skills you can sit on your *** at home. win a war without violence, because you the commen people, the consumer, provide everyone on earth with everything they need. you dont need to do anything to fight back or defend yourself. do nothing. the world goverments would litertly fall and beg you to return to work. if you want to unite. unite your mind. a nationwide or global labor force strike would most likley buy you world peace. jesus christ already tried to show you what to do. he sat on his ***, talked about his feelings and preached morals. very effective I might add. the point is you, the comman people outnumber the wealthly, who have nothing without you. literly. you not them can change the banks. america alone was built by you, the bankers and lawyers are taking advantage of your ignorance. the united states goverment(irs) spends your tax money better. at least they offer social services. the banks and lawyers offer you nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. insurance claims frauds and lawsuits pay out 30% max of insurance premiums. thats why health insurance is such a problem, banks are tipping thier 30% people are filing more claims getting pissed and dropping insurance. its your choice yours period. work till you die and hope someone cares, or take a break spend time with your family stay home. these banks and politicians are highly educated go back to work when they come up with a better idea. or just keep doing what your doing if you want. this is america you have a choice. because you have me. you can abuse me or stand up for me or whatever trips your trigger. America promised me authority. the only thing you cannot do is deny anyone on earth the right to me. because every human being is my offspring. I will never claim a child as my own if they claim to own me. no one owns me. no one except God who may or may not exist, but you have to admitt he is possible. I am Liberty. and by his authority and mine you have the right to a day of rest.
Review
#202521 Review #202521 is a subjective opinion of poster.

BANK OF AMERICA MHA FRAUD

I entered into the Bank of America MHA 3 month trial program and I am on my 8th month now. I have been told I am now "kicked out" of the program as I did not submit all documents. I have spent hours upon hours via telephone with so many people who are worthless. I get notices and messages from persons and extensions that do not exist and deadlines on undated/un-numbered notices...etc. I absolutely believe that Bank of America is committing fraud and not really interested in helping ANYONE keep their homes. I have absolutely been fastidious with my compliance with documents and payments and all for not.

We have had a horrible experience with BofA as well. Do not trust BofA for a modification of your home loan. They are thieves!

:( This past friday was kicked out of my home after trying to pay my mortgage through my second refinance with Countrywyde. Bank of America would not honor MY LEGAL refinance AND KEPT HARASSING ME, lying about the balance and having aggressive, obnoxious collectors call me though contracted collection agency.

This agency would call me 25 -30 times a day to aske : "When are you going to pay your mortgage"> They did not like my answer: I will pay the agreed amount not the excessive amount BANK OF AMERICA is trying to charge me.

ALL I RECEIVED IS HARRASSMENT and YES, they are commotting Fraud and apparently getting away with it!!. Any help would be much appreciated!

:( Fridya I was kicked out of my home after trying pay my mortgage through my second refinance with COuntrywyde. BOA would not honor MY LEGAL refinance AND KEPT HARASSING ME though a hired collection agency.

#205209

Help me too same thing is happening to me

#200511

Try calling your local US Congressman for assistance.

ritterdog
#200261

Here is the latest on my story....I was enrolled in the Make Homes Affordable Program and began my "3 month trial" as of 3/1/2010. I turned in EVERY piece of documentation they required.

At the end of that time, I had to call and ask what I was supposed to do since I had not heard from B of A. Someone said "just keep making your payments and you will get something in the mail." For months they kept asking for more documents that had NOTHING to do with my 3 month trial, B of A just was taking so long that they needed updated information. I made all 3 of my payments and gave them all the paperwork that was required. Due to THEIR negligence and putting off for several months "my trial" they sent letters wanting more information, all the while getting NO information.

I spent HOURS on the phone for months getting all sorts of different answers. I would get undated letters to call people and extensions that do not exist. I would get sent to "the Office of the President" every time and they would say, "you aren't supposed to be here" and then transfer me once more. Then I get a letter stating I am "kicked out" of the MHA program because I DID NOT SEND ALL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED!!!

I DID send all documents, but they waited months and needed even more. When I called to "appeal" my removal from the program, the man said he could not find ANY of my paperwork!! ONE HOUR LATER, he started seeing my documents online but said he was missing some so could not file an appeal on my behalf and there was NOTHING he could do. How does a person get kicked out of a program which they completed on their end (the 3 months) but due to the bank's lack of urgency, get kicked out because seven months later they did not turn in something they did not even know they needed?

I asked for a supervisor and she did give me her extension, but I have not been able to get her to call me back after I left her a message regarding ANOTHER letter I got which was undated and said I had to turn in paperwork to a Jo Lewis and to call Jo Lewis at this particular number. When I called there was NO ONE by that name whatsoever and I got transferred around to a lady who said she could not help me, did not know where that letter came from or who Jo Lewis is. That UNDATED letter either came on Sat Oct 2, or Mon Oct 4 or Tues Oct 5 and said I HAD to fax the items listed by 4 OCT or the file would be closed (I was out of town the 2-5) When I told the supervisor that, her response was "It is not our fault you were out of town" (!) I am incredulous as to the impossible hoops I have to jump all the while, they have no intention of helping me.

I just get the run-around. HELP!!!!

View more comments (5)
Review
#202398 Review #202398 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bank of America - Fraud Detection

Bank of America claims to have a state of the art fraud detection, protection and notification system. However, it consistently failed to detect fraudulent debit charges via fictitious website billing addresses--on my account. All charges included international transaction fees. To top it off each month on the same day identical charges from two of these websites ( i.e. nonexistent website addresses and same recording on 1-888-#)would be submitted. Unfortunately, they slipped by me via phone banking. Once discovered, Bank of America's fraud division showed no interest in investigating the detection system's notification fault. I informed the rep that I would be willing to bet that thousands of the same website addresses have been submitted and billed over the course of the year to customers. Albeit, she thanked me for being a valued 20 year customer. Internet theft is, truly, a piece of cake. The bank makes money (debit fee/international fee), the fictitious website thief makes bigger money and the cardholder just wonders--what the... No recourse! I am mistaken, you can file a "claim" for two months worth of charges and get a new debit card. However, the bank can investigate if motivated and they can make long term charge backs based on fraudulent charges. This costs the bank time/money and the loss of the fees collected on your fraudulent transactions. Bank of America - lose one customer at a time. Might as well lay-off all your fraud staff and unplug your super computer. Enterprising class action attorneys may end up making big bucks some day. Is Bank of America hiding something.

Contact Scammer Guard for recovery possiblities.

1-855-Guard-10 and at www.scammerguard.com

Review
#202314 Review #202314 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bank of America, FannieMae, IBM Lender Business Processing Services = Poor

I made payments in advance of due dates. My account was placed in foreclosure because BOA withheld a payment from its new processor. The processor then created defaults by returning 2 monthly payments. Pennsylvania State Attorney Generals needs to order investigations and a "Freeze on Foreclosures" until the Banks can show the that they complied with the Banking and Fair Debt & Collection laws. Gross violations by Bank of America of the Fair Debt Collections Act,Preditory Lending, and Red-lining contributed most to the eroding state economies. Processors need correct information related to new legislation to adjust the economy. The banks were given bail-out money to provide training to its processing staff and money to fuel the economy. Processors say yes and no based on the old groups of red-lining, preditory lending, and re-lining. Those old market manipulating is what has us were we are. Unnecessary foreclosures are expensive and jam up the economy. It would be more efficient to do what must be done with the current owners. Lower the values and adjust the mortgages accordingly. Foreclosures, reduce the value in a negative way because the property is usually damaged by owners who felt the impact of denied true modifications. A true modification preserves property and serves to sustain the economy. Investors don't have to lose. By extending the loan, the investor have an opportunity to continue the term/length of payments. It is much simpler than it appears. State General Attorneys freeze on foreclosures could begin to turn their state's economy around much sooner than they are.

Same thing has happened to me. My mortgage payment was automatically drafted from my checking account. LBPS is a criminal.

Review
#202231 Review #202231 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bank Of America Privacy Assist

I logged into my bank of america account becausei received an overdraft fee, when i cheked to see what it was i came to find a charge of 12.99 for a service i did not authorize and they were doing this for one whole year, when i explained how they were taking my money they said they had an authorisization over the phone and that i had to wait 3 to six weeks to be able to hear the recording and apparently they offer a credit report service for free and then they say you have to discontinue it after 30 days i never authorized this and i cant believe theyre making me wait for so long, they also said that if they did find i had not authorized this they would refund me but if i had authorized it i would not get a cent back, and when i asked to speak to the supervisor she acted very rude and loud and pretty much treated me like if i was offending her this is ridicoulous and crazy i cant believe how badly i got screwed

I am going through the same thing as we speak. I called today because it has been over 6 weeks.

They said they have tried to contact me which is a lie and they also said they have voice confirmation but since he (supervisor) was not handling it, he could not access the tape.

:( .

Someone is supposed to call me tomorrow with my voice on tape. I'll bet they don't.

Review
#202210 Review #202210 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Bank of America not working with customers

I applied for a remod on my home mtg Bank of America gave me the trial period which was affordable in my situation due to loss of income. They reg said papers and has until Aug 4 to send on July 20 they sent out a denial letter, Now they are threatening to foreclose also getting harassing and threatening phone calls I do not know what to do know. I have mentioned to them that my financial situation will change by the end of October but was told by the rep they only consider whats happening now With all the foreclosures now and they are not really helping with the programs
Review
#202170 Review #202170 is a subjective opinion of poster.