Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Bank Of America in New Milford, Connecticut - Delay on Modifcation

Bank of America seems to be delaying a decision on our modification. Over the 3 month trial basis I have repeatly had to send and resend information that they did not have although I had already sent it to them. I checked up with them constantly to see where the loan was and was always shocked to find things missing. Finally it was sent for processing and shortly there after we were denied for missing information! I called immediately and was told it was reopened! I am disabled and raising my 3 grandchildren, I have lived in this home for almost 25 years now and can afford to pay this if the mortgage rate of interest would be dropped to a fair rate. I am sick over this and feel BAC is not committed to working with their customers. There are too many paper pushers involved and not enough people involved to make the right decisions. I certainly hope this has a positive end for me.

Hi guys/gals. I know it may seem as if BAC is delaying the resolution of your modification, I can understand that sentiment.

Now, prior to April 12, 2010 BAC was setting people up on the trial payments for the modification PRIOR to verifying the income, then the information was sent in from the home owner and the process officially starts at that time. However, processing backwards in this manner caused long delays. More often than not, the reason you guys are being asked for the documentation again is for a few reasons. Sharing may be of concern between departments.

However, typically such as with pay stubs, you have more recent stubs with which to base the mod on and those are the stubs that underwriting must have. Now, after April 12, 2010 the government made some changes to the program and now homeowners aren't even set up on the trial payments until the docs are received and the docs aren't received until a FEDEX package is sent out to the homeowner. Honestly, the process just to get you officially out of review with an answer yes or takes a minimum 30-60 days...very possible like 90 days. However, hang in there guys, please.

BAC really doesn't want your house back. ****IMPORTANT NOTE*****If on any sort of trial payments DO NOT BE EVEN 1 DAY LATE WITH YOUR PAYMENT NO EXCEPTIONS! NO EXCEPTIONS!

YOU WILL BE YANKED FROM THE MODIFICATION WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO BE RESUBMITTED FOR IT!!!

I don't understand why the process takes so long to get you guys an answer...hope what little info I had helped. Just keep making whatever payments they tell you and if the "trial" is over, please please call because you're payment could very well return to what it was prior or something else.

erinmwald

our 3 month trial period for a modification has lated for that 2 years. they are jerking us around.

we started the process 2 years ago for a modification, after waiting with no results july of 2009 we contacted a mortgage attorney, and suddenly with in 2 weeks they had a modification deal for us witha trial period of 3 months-thats been 12 months ago. then after wroking our butts off making payments for 12 months we were denied the modification. they say we didnt qualify for this type of modification and they are seeing if we qualify for a different type of deal.

our lives our in their hand and there is not a GD thing we can do about it. we make payments and we are going to loose our home anyway becasue of them

they r doing this to everyone that wants to modify. Yet they are telling the news and others that they are helping people when in reality your just playing russian rullet let see which paper pusher feels like being nice to let you keep your home or lets see who lap it falls on or if they even feel like working that day.

View more comments (2)
Review

Bank Of America in Blythewood, South Carolina - Poor customer service and money lost

I am canceling my mortgage application with BOA. I am bewildered. I am not sure who to blame for the lack of response and communication concerning this loan. I went with BOA because I expected great communication and service. Before I applied, I ask Colleen Mitchell (loan officer) a question...Will my loan be approved and ready for closing by 5/14/10. This was in February. She said that it would not be a problem. A week and some days had gone by and there was no response. I called and left messages. No response until the end of that week. She says that she needs the contract before she can start on anything, even though I had sent my information to her. Why did she not tell my Realtor and I this? My Realtor sent her the information. Guess what? My information is still not submitted/inputted into the system. Finally Sheila Melendez (her assistant) did it. Thank God for that. I am still calling and emailing Colleen only to find out through another person that she no longer works for BOA. There goes another week. After a while I was contacted by Zoila with information that I needed to send/fax. I did just that by the end of the day (I thought). If I forgot to send something or I forgot to sign a letter, just pick up the phone and tell me or send an email saying...Hey, I got the letter but it is not signed. That is simple. I feel as if I am so alone on this deal. I am trying to make it work but I am in a tunnel listening to my echo. I know that they are busy and have other loans to process. I know that my loan is not much money ($19,200) at all compared to other home loans. I know that some things are probably out of their hands. But communicate with me. If I send an email, it is OK and your responsibility to respond or get someone to do so. I have been down this road before with the other closing that I completely gave up on that took 5 months to close. I can not go through this again. I thought that by coming to BOA their processes would be more efficient and the communication would be better. I have been a customer with them since 1999 and I will say that I am saddened at the way this has turned out. I have given the documents that you requested "online" quickly and orderly. I know that most people do not do what I have done. Does BOA realize that the news has published that you are the worst bank in the country for customer service? You had an opportunity to prove them wrong...with me. Do not think that this is easy for me. I am loosing $1340 of my hard earned money. You have taken $535 for an appraisal and $35 for a credit report from me (upfront). I had to pay $300 for a survey and my $500 earnest money is gone also. That hurts. Not happy at all
Review
#182050 Review #182050 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bank of America stole money from my account

I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get my maintenance fee back due to an error on their part for not linking my loan to my account. Ask for supervisors but "they were not available". They use corporate policies to cheat and steal, and they always change to their benefit and never notify the consumer. They are the worst in customer service and should be under investigation by Feds. If enough people stand together, something will get done! Their policies and practices are not fair nor are they disclosed until you have an issue with them. I was disconnected twice and left on hold for almost 45 min.
Jewelss

I so agree I really wish the feds would do an investigation on Bank of America because they have done some much dirt in the past yrs they truly are a corrupted bank... continuously scamming to find ways to rip you off......

“There is no need for anyone to be cold, hungry, homeless or in poverty. All these things are caused by the lack of pieces of paper and electronic numbers called money circulating in the world and by the charging of interest on them. We could change that today if the desire was there” David Icke

The bankers can accumulate and manipulate businesses by accepting, or refusing, loans.

The whole house of cards, and the control of the human race, is based on the charging of interest on money. The subject of interest is crucial. There is nothing wrong with money if it is used only as a measure of exchange for goods and services. It is when you can charge interest on money, most of which doesn’t physically exist, that enormous dangers arise.

You can then make more money from manipulating pieces of paper and electronic numbers than you can from producing essential goods and services for people who need them. With the charging of interest, the money chases those who already have money and ignores those who have not. The cataclysmic social and financial divisions in the world are caused by the charging of interest on money.

Production is geared to greed, not need, and the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. Often it is not the cost of a house that prevents people from buying a home; it is because we have to buy three or four for the right to live in one!

View more comments (1)

Bank Of America in Goodyear, Arizona - Some one needs to stop these people

bank of America is a very dishonest bank,there thing is to trick you or cheat you in anyway possible. And believe me when i tell you that they are liars. I don't want to spend all day writing a book on how they have cheated me but i am going to take the time to post this so when people come to look they will find yet another person saying that the things bank of America are doing are against the law. who is going to protect the people from these bullies? they are picking on and ripping off the elderly and so much more. its disgusting to use the word America in there name.

They are worst bank in the world.

dianenca

Dear Dnewsome2, it would be helpful if you gave us some idea on what B of A did to you. Was it checking, CD's, loans, mortgage, ???

All banks are out to *** even though they are equally responsible for the current recession.

They got a bail out but they are making up their losses in bad loans by charging everyone erroneous fees and false advertising. So please, tell what we need to avoid.

View more comments (2)

Bank Of America in Phoenix, Arizona - Screwed BY B of A

For years I had direct deposit on my account. Bank of America advertised and told me that I would have free checking because I had direrct deposit. I went to them several times to get it taken care of and each time they said ir would. I was charged for checking for 10 years and never recieved a dime back or free checking. I was charged for an inssurance policy that I didn't want and I told them so. Even after several trips to the bank and calls they still charged me for the insurance policy. One year the IRS made a mistake and put a lean on my account. Even though I had made purchases prior to that with my debit card they called it insuficient funds and then chrged me 35.00 each for 5 debit transactions. Some of the transactions were less than 3.00. Even though the IRS returned the money Bank of America didn't. I closed my accounts. My wife wrote a check for $110.00 on a credit card payment. Bank of America says it was for $10.00 and said her payment was $100.00 short. Even though a copy of the check from Chase clearly shows $110.00. They are charging a late fee and want 2 months payment to bring it up to date. I have the information for them but they don't care. Frack Them.

They have been stealing funds from consumers for years!

Review

Bank of America ***! They took $2,800 out of my checking account to pay for a $53.72 balance

I have been a customer of Bank of America for over 8 years. I had a $53.72 balance on my credit card. On line, on their website, I schedule a payment and indicated I wanted to pay the entire $53.72 balance on the card. They took $2,800. When I called them to tell them about the error, they indicated it would take me 7-10 business days to get my money back. That was 10 days ago. I just found out know that they actually didn't schedule the re-payment until a week after I initially told them about the error. 11 days later, I am still waiting for my money. I've spent hours on the phone and been given at least a dozen different stories. Most of the people I talked with said it was my error, and the SYSTEM WOULD NOT TAKE $2,800 out of my account unless I intiated it. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!They are idiots!

Bank Of America in San Jose, California - Loan Modificaiton Potential Scam

So please send your email directly to the Bank of America CEO and include the following in email: 1. Your name 2. Your complaint concerning your experience with Bank of America. 3. Please end your email "I support John Wright vs. BofA Lawsuit!" 4. Please send a copy of your email to johns-wright@hotmail.com 5. Please send your email to the CEO email CEO Brian Moynihan: brian.t.moynihan@bankofamerica.com You may support me with you comments by clicking on my story at www.unitedlawgroup.com Divided we might have fell America, but united we must stand!

Thomas Jefferson 1802

‘I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..’

Your comments are welcome at piggybankblog.com

View more comments (1)
Review
Bank of America keeps stalling my loan modification I applied for 3 mo's ago. When I follow up, they say the loan modification is "under review" with no time estimate though originally I was told I would receive a modification within 45 days...Now they sent a new...

If your loan with BofA is a HELOC and your first mortgage is upside down they cannot nor will not foreclose. In fact they eventually write off the loan and keep it because usually the balance is too high for outside collections.

Also you can file for chapter 13 BK protection which converts the HELOC into a unsecured debt and is paid on for 3 to 5 years for literally penny's on the dollar. After that time the loan is zeroed out.

Contact a good BK lawyer or leave your email here as a reply. I have an inside contact at the bank who has offered to blow the whistle.

View more comments
Review
NACA got me thrown out of my home after 9 months of meaningless paperwork and missing work and stressing to follow thru on everthing they said to do. After nine months of nothingness they go to Maimi and have drinks over my loan and between BANK OF AMERICA AND NACA...

taylor bean and whitaker had my loan...i was making my payments fine...than all of a sudden the federal government shut them down for illegal loans. So nowhere to make a payment at all, the Taylor Ben website just said a future bank will pick up your loan....just wait.

Long story short Bank of America picks up the loan 12 months later and they want 12 months of payments. We diid not have them....so we heard about NACA...they did fine and make any payments and we will negotiate it for you.

So low and behold the paper work comes back.. the house we paid 123,500 for in 1999...the greedy Bank of America wants 14,000 plus in interest and 5,888 in escrow ...which what happened to my escrow money from TAYLOR BEAN ....and 3,888 in capitalization fees!

The house is now 126,700 and the bastards gave me another 30 yrs of payments

THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND IT IS REALLY DEPRESSING I AREAD HAVE BEEN IN HERE MAKING PAYMENTS SINCE 1999...HOIW COULD TRHEY DO THIS. YES NACA GOT THE INTEREST DOWN FROM 8 PERCENT TO 4.35 PERCENT.....BUT BY GIVING ME ANOTHER 30 YRS IS JUST ANOTHER 8 PERCENT STRETCHED OUT. I AM SURE OBAMA DID NIOT PLAN ON THE BANKS DOING THIS. I WOULD LIKE TO JUST SAY THANKS TO THE GREEDY BANK OF AMERICA. THE GOVERNMENT HELPED OUT THE BANKS AND THIS IS HOIW TEY STICK IT BACK TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE....I A STRONGLY THINKING OF LEAVING THIS HOUSE...THEY CAN HAVE THIS PEICE OF *** ...I COULDN'T EVEN SELL IT FOR 60,000

View more comments
Loss

Bank of America keeps raising the $$ of our closing costs.

We were approved for a Making Homes Affordable refinance from Bank of America. We are underwater in our current mortage. I am very suspicious of the way our refi has been handled. Our closing costs keep going up. I need some help in dealing with this bank. I feel like I have been getting the run around from the beginning. We already signed all of the papers and sent them in to the Title Company. I justy got a letter that states: "The following fees were revised as a result of these changes listed above: Title Services and Lender's Title Insurance [Closing/Escrow] From $300.00 To $505.00 [Title Services and Lender's Title Insurance] [Closing /Escrow] From $965.00 To $1,147.96 We were sent a new GFE with the above information.