Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Bank Of America in Mount Hope, West Virginia - Customer Service will not follow thru

I became a BOA customer in 2003 when we refinaced our mobile home. BOA did not follow thru and get our Title from the bank we were financed with. We tried recently to sell our home and could not b/c BOA did not have the title. I have been since Jan 2010 trying to get this resolved!! I have explained my story atleast 25 times b/c each time u call u get a different rep who says they will do what u ask and check back and they dont!! BOA doesn't even hold the lein!! You think they would want this resolved-!! I got a call last night about correspondece I had sent over two months ago and the rep told me they were a little behind on correspondence! GET REAL! That particular piece of info was already confirmed uploaded in thier systems atleast a month ago only b/c I pitched a fit and had it faxed in instead of waiting for the hard copies to get to someone (which was recieved yesterday) and the rep did not even check to verify it was already in their system. I have been cut off, swithced to departmenst that could not help, promised by reps to call back and check on my situation (Never did), AND even chared a fee for something I did not even request(I was able to get that applied to my loan after loud complaining)and STILL I am no closer to getting anything resolved!! THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT AND I AM HAVING TO PAY FOR IT!! I AM FURIOUS!!!

Bank of America Credit Card

I am getting married in October 2010. I have been preparing financially by moving debt around and paying off as I should. I have never been late on a payment and I have been a loyal Bank of America customer with two credit cards, a checking account and an auto loan with them. I recently was helping out my sister with her debt so I had taken it onto my initial Bank of America platinum credit card. To align my debt properly I moved her debt to a different credit card company with my parents and moved my debt to a new Bank of America Cash rewards card (second card). In the process of the balance transfers I had asked Lisa Bird (approximately a week before I post this) to swap the credit lines on my credit cards. Not only did she not swap the credit lines specifically stating that I had debt on the platinum Visa - which I had demonstrated to her that was in the process of being moved - but she called out for both of my credit lines to be lowered! I received the letters today April 21, 2010 of these actions; with no notice on the phone conversation with her. This was obviously infuriating and detrimental to my financial position, both long term (mortgage loan when married) and short term (wedding expenses). I was capped out because of Lisa Bird's failure to pay attention to details. Moreover, I was approved not even a month before for the Cash Rewards credit card for that limit, and now all of a sudden WITH LESS DEBT I had become liability???? Today I called Courtney from Phoenix Bank of America and she was very helpful even after my ill choice of words. She was able to help but not put me in the position I once was and more importantly, should be in. If anything, I should have an even higher credit limit for controlling my debt properly (and of course having a high credit score and being a good customer). As a side note, a separate online chat involving a salesperson Sara was chock full of misinformation about authorized users and credit scores. The same type of misinformation that could lead to very serious credit issues. I will not rest until I am back to par. Sincerely, Krenar Jusufi

B A N K S = F R A U D !!!

1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5

LIKE DRINKING "EVIAN" WATER BACKWARDS MEANS "NAIVE"....

STOP PAYING YOUR CREDIT CARD !!!in 2008 Banks started to reduce remaining available balances on CC.(so people get pissed off)increased int.rate !(same reason)principal paymets/montley 2.4.-4%

they wouldn't cooperate at all.

THEY KNOW THAT WE WILL NEVER TO PAY OFF A FEW CREDIT CARDS,(FOR PEOPLE WHO CARRIED BAL.)ANTICIPATING(KNOWING) WHAT RECESSION IS COMMING...THEIR EXPECTATION WAS...THAT PEOPLE DEFAULT BIG TIME...SO THEY WRITTE OFF/CHARGE OFF/COLLECT/SUE...AND STILL CAN GET MORE MONEY BACK(6 MONTHS/180 DAYS YOU DON'T PAY) BANKS CHARGE OFF AND HAVE IT (LOSS PROFIT)...AND GET CREDIT FOR FULL AMMOUNT FROM (UNCLE SAM).IS MORE TO SAY...WE HAVE TO WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS STINKY SYSTEM !

Bank of America

As of September 2009 when Countrywide wss taken over by Bank Of America, I signed a new contract for 5,125% fixed 24 year mortgage. My payment was due the first of october 2009 going forward every month.The payments were sent cetified return reciept to BOA every month for three months. In December 2009, BOA stated they didn't recieve the mortgage payment that was sent certified return reciept from me for the month of December 2009.I wrote to BOA a letter requesting information regarding the payment for December 2009.To this date of April 2009, I have yet to recieve a letter explaining the request for information that I originally ask for. In addition,I contacted a branch manager at BPA in NH and asked to check the status of my mortgage payment history. I found out that BOA stated that my contract signed in September 2009 was null and void after three months from my signing, my payment for October and November were back dated to September and October and my December payment was lost when in fact BOA recieved and signed all the certified return mail that was recieved by BOA. To this date I am still trying to resolve all correspondence with BOA and they have yet to respond to all request in a timely manner.It has been January 6 2010 since I found out my payment for December 2009 was lost. No correspondence from BOA since that time The problem that I see, BOA has many employees from the prior Countrywide era and I feel that BOA has fallen in the same paperwork trap that Countrywide fell into. BOA is sloppy, less customer service oriented and treats its customers with poor satisfaction.

BOA is a *** company, i agree.

Review
I have a mortgage with BOA, actually this is my third mortgage with BOA over my lifetime. I'm 54 years old have never been late on a payment nor missed a payment in my life. Recently I was notified by mail that my account was in default due to non payment. I called...

My loan just got transfered to BOA. Worst thing ever none of their representatives are helpful and everytime I call them I get a headache!

View more comments

Bank of America (BOA) Squeezing the Life out of its Customers

Bank of America (BOA) is intent on Squeezing the Life out of its Customers. I've been a small business owner and customer of BOA for over 10 years; I have always been professional, responsible, and have earned all of my successes through plain old hard work. I've always prided myself on paying my bills on-time, both personal and business, never overextended my business, being fair and honest, and following through on my obligations. I live very modestly, and believe in reinvesting in my business not in "things". That being said, within the last 12 months Bank of America, the recipient of nearly $150 billion dollars of Taxpayer money thru TARP has repeatedly cut my Business Lines of Credit, and Business Credit Cards down to their limits; while at the same time raising my interest rates. And each time I've questioned their decisions I've been given the same answer; "Due to Current Economic Conditions we need to limit our exposure and manage our risk". Funny, I would have thought they'd have been doing that the whole time. Sound to me like their Greed got in the way of Responsibility. Now today, what is possibly the most pivotal financial time in our country's history, business owners and consumers alike need access to credit and financing to weather this storm. But what have we received? A BIG F.U. The banks and Wall Street have, for decades, mismanaged their portfolios, and abused their customers while paying themselves exurbanite salaries and bonuses. Investor have been placed in "vehicles" that were a crash waiting to happen, and the consumer has been bludgeoned with late fees, interest rates that make paying off balances nearly impossible, and been the recipient of abuse that knows no boundaries. Funny how all of these Harvard and Yale MBA'ers can run their financial institutions to the brink of financial collapse, take no responsibility for their actions, and receive $13 Trillion Dollars from the same peasants they've raking over the coals for year's. And where's the help for the consumer? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is none. The Banks and Wall Street won the Mega Lottery and have wiped their slates clean. I'll leave you with a quote from Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) in the 1987 movie, Wall Street. Greed is good! Greed is right! Greed works! Greed will save the USA!

I saw something recently on tv about this involving personal credit cards and did not know that it extended to business accounts. The credit companies want to give us credit.

but they don't tell you they extend it by about 30%. So when ever you have a credit card never use more than 60-70% of that limit. In difficult times they lower the limit to the 60-70% limit. Then you need to pay down that limit.

again so you can keep it active and at a lower interest. sounds crazy. but thats how the credit scores work. If you have a limit of 10,000.00 on a credit card, any amount under 10,000 can be charged as long as you pay it off in full.

If you have recurring debt you should not go over 6,000.00 The response to overextending that debt is a raise in interest rate and lowering your limit. After you have adjusted to the shock of this, is what you do next is try to pay down the cards to 60% of the new limit and open a new credit card as long as it isn't more than the third card. Then never exceed 60% of that cards limit. It is not your fault.

It's the way things are right now and maybe for the future. you may want to talk to a financial planner. some give free information. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the poor have to much and the rich don't have enough.

Big business is not on your side all they want is a monopoly. I hope you succeed and survive this ordeal. I am trying to concentrate on all my loans to lower them to the 60% so my limit doesn't get cut and my rates don't go up.

It sucks because like you I am financially responsible. Good luck.

ShoPro

Reply to: You people are all idiots; this post was never about overextending credit, overspending, or fiscal irresponsibility. I was addressing being a business owner, and the challenges we all deal with daily to operate and be employers.

Must be nice to sit back while living in your mother’s basement and be the responsible one. :)

I think it's funny that all of you people are whining and whining and whining when everything that is happening to you is your own fault. Think about it, the only time you will get a late fee is if you PAY LATE!

And the interest you are charged was QUOTED TO YOU UP FRONT...and by the way, you were also told that your interest rate will go up if you pay late. It is not the bank's fault if you do not read the terms and conditions. I also think it's quite humerous that you are upset that banks make a profit. Hey dip****, any company that wants to stay in business has to make a profit!

If you don't like the rates that you are getting with your current bank, then pay off your loans and take your business elsewhere...if you can find another bank that has a lower interest rate. Maybe if you spent less time *** and more time budgeting you wouldn't be in this problem to begin with. People are always looking for a scape goat. I'm sure you will blow this off as someone just being "mean" to you, but if you had any sense at all, you would realize that I am trying to help you.

You need a good dose of reality. YOU are to blame for your own issues and YOU are the only person who can fix them!

Oh, and on a side note, the reason why the banks were hurting was because people like you overextended themselves, did not read the terms of their loans, then bailed out of paying when they realized that they messed up. So, no bank is to blame for the banks going under.

Furthermore, Bank of America was the first bank to payback all of the TARP funds...with interest. So please, stop *** about something that is your own fault and learn to take responsibility for your own actions!

View more comments (2)

Bank Of America in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Tired of fighting

My family was set up great we had no credit card debt and had bought a house and made higher payments to them then what was due. In 2007 my nephew was living with us and broke his ankle "he was under age, had no insurance and his parents would not sign papers so we could put him on ours" a couple months after that my 10 month old son was taken by flight for life. Then I had a surgery that led to many more hospital stays and a lot more sickness. All of a sudden we were in major credit card debt and completely broke. Gas at the time was $5 and $6 a gallon and the hospitals are all over 100 miles away. We fell behind when all the bills caught up with us come Aug of 09 I called Bank of America and they suggested a loan modification. So after all the paperwork and the hardship letter was sent I received a letter stating that it would be settled in 30 to 45 days. Come Dec my home was up for foreclosure and when I called them they put an extension on it and kept doing so. When I spoke to there customer service people "I called them every week and sometimes more then that. I was told to make payments to them and it would look better and help the modification go through so I sent in my first payment on Dec 1 2009, they sent my check back attached to a piece of paper stating that it is below the amount due so they would not accept my payment, I called them and the girl on the line says to me No don't make payments. Sooooo I stopped then in March of 2010 I receive final loan modification papers, sign them, and send them in, along with a certified check as stated in the letter. Today I received the check back with the letters stamped on it, so again I called and was told I don't know the girl said to me that they did not know where the money was supposed to go, and she left a message to RACHEAL THOMAS my processer who has never returned a call, e-mail from me my modification company that i hired to help me or to Mrs. Farmer from my senators office. I hate the fact that I paid to bail them out and when I need them they are no help and full of excuses I found out that my home is still in foreclosure and I may lose it because some bureaucrats are sitting on there thumbs. I am not a bad person; I have never had a late payment to them EVER until all this stuff happened. I am trying soooo hard to keep my home and am getting sick because of the stress. The biggest excuse they always tell me is that they have to many people trying to get a modification at this time, my solution HIGHER MORE PEOPLE
Loss

Bank of America Making Home Affordable

Beware of Bank of America Making Home Affordable Program. I just got off the phone with Fannie Mae to dicuss the Making Home Affordable modification process that I've been in for over 10 months now. I was told that unfortunately, they are not a regulatory institution and can do nothing about what Bank of America is doing to thousands of people. I was told that Bank of America is the most unscrupulous institution in America, like if I didn't already know this. I was surprised to find out from this gentleman that this bank has only approved 4% of all the loan modifications they have received since this process started. This guy even told methat this bank has absolutely no intent on doing anything for thousands of people but to continue to take their money. They even told me that they are getting calls all the time from people, some telling them after a year or so making trial period payments that they were told that Fannie Mae didn't approve their loan, which is a blatant lie, because Fannie Mae said they have nothing to do with it. They did refer me to the FCC though. Kathy Bateman I just got off the phone with Fannie Mae. I was told that unfortunately, they are not a regulatory institution and can do nothing about what this bank is doing to thousands of people. I was told that Bank of America is the most unscrupulous institution in America and that, as of today, this bank has only approved 4% of all the loan modifications they have received since this whole thing started. This guy even told me that this bank has absolutely no intent on doing anything for thousands of people but to continue to take their money. They even told me that they are getting calls all the time from people, some telling them after a year or so making trial period payments that they were told by you that Fannie Mae didn't approve their loan, which is a blatant lie, because Fannie Mae said they have nothing to do with it. They referred me to the FCC - Federal Trade Commission. Kathy Bateman I just got off the phone with Fannie Mae. I was told that unfortunately, they are not a regulatory institution and can do nothing about what this bank is doing to thousands of people. I was told that Bank of America is the most unscrupulous institution in America and that, as of today, this bank has only approved 4% of all the loan modifications they have received since this whole thing started. This guy even told me that this bank has absolutely no intent on doing anything for thousands of people but to continue to take their money. They even told me that they are getting calls all the time from people, some telling them after a year or so making trial period payments that they were told by you that Fannie Mae didn't approve their loan, which is a blatant lie, because Fannie Mae said they have nothing to do with it. They did refer me to The FCC - Federal Trade Commission. Kathy Bateman Visit me at www.bofamhaloanmod.com

Beause they are piggies Pam!

I was so tired of being abused by Bank of America during the loan modification process that I decided to FIGHT BACK! So I filed a lawsuit and I created piggybankblog.com where other people who were abused could gather and unite together.

Piggybankblog.com Provides:

1. Bank of America History under the title of “Bank of Defrauding America.” For example, How many people know that Bank of America’s founder started in San Jose California in 1909 and I bet you the History channel didn’t tell you the name was “Bank of Italy.”

2. I have created an area where people can write the CEO of Bank of America with their complaint. I post them all and the majority say that they hear back from the CEO’s office within

Three or Four days. I also post the complaints because I was told by a blogger that the CEO office has seen piggybankblog.com So I also update the complaints with progress or no progress. You can see this under the title of “United We Stand BofA!”

4. Utube complaints: I have put all the Youtube complaints on the site so that you can view all the others that have been abused by Bank of America.

5. John’s daily blog: I update it every day with new Bank of America news. Such as the CEO’s office wrote me about piggybankblog.com and I wrote them back and gave them the figurative finger. They have been harassing me for long enough and I AM FIGHTING BACK!

So I created for people you! So please come and join us at piggybankblog.com and feel free to email me or post your complaint or leave any comments you desire. Let me know what you think about the site and tell a friend!

Respectfully,

John Wright

Piggybankblog.com

We were supposed to get a MHA loan and ended up getting pushed into a corner to take a modification to wrap all of our monies owed to the back of the mortgage. They never even signed us up for MHA.

Now if we want to try for MHA we have to lose our current modification and report lates to the credit agencies until we are "hopefully" approved for MHA. Why, after I have been paying my payments on time, would I want to backstep and start reporting lates to the credit agencies again?!?!? It seem backwards. Instead of helping us LOWER our payments, we are now paying a couple hundred MORE per month.

How does that help us??? With the amount we owe on our loan and the fact that forclosures are going on in our condo building there is NO WAY Bank of America will recover their money if we can't afford to stay here. WHy WOULDN'T they want to help to protect their investment and mine?? I can believe that Bank of America has only approved 4%.

They are crooked and bogus. My loan unfortunately came to them from Countrywide.

Too bad we can't switch companies....my husband and I are both on unemployment and have no chance at getting a loan. Corrupt and bogus Bank of America!

B of A and Wells Fargo are the worst, with loan mods and stealing from customers. I guess ex CEO Ken Lewis is sitting with his smelly feet up, along with the horrendous multi million dollar pension he received.

I hope he dies a horrible death. He deserves it!

View more comments (2)

Bank Of America Credit Card will not refund in Fraud Scam

Used Bank Of America credit card to purchase a cruise package online,from the fraud/scammers named Florida Travel Bureau. I have tons of e-mails from this Florida Travel bureau proving that I did not get my cruise and they have my $490.00 dollars,and will not refund my money. I contacted Bank of America Credit card regarding this fraud company and I requested a credit of the amount that Florida Travel Bureau(The Fraud company) charged my card. I sent Bank of America all the documents and all the e-mails from this fraud travel bureau, to no prevail!! Bank of America could not get to this Fraud travel bureau so in turn I was punished. Bank of America got their money (I paid off my balance) and the Fraud/Scam Florida Travel Bureau got the $490.00 and I got Nothing!!! NO cruise NO refund and so on!! I thought credit card companies had to refund their customers when it is proven transaction from a Fraud Company?????? Bank of America can take their card and you know what to do with it!!!
Objectionablyreasonable
#152096

Bank of America has a selling point of Fraud Protection. People are encouraged to purchase with Credit cards to recieve this "insurance". So it is NOT unreasonable to expect the credit card company to make good on the charge.

I think it's funny that all of you people are whining and whining and whining when everything that is happening to you is your own fault. Think about it...you are the person who made the purchase...not Bank of America.

The company you should be complaining about is this so called "fraudulent" company. Bank of America had to pay the balance to that company because YOU made the purchase. So, Bank of America got NO MONEY from your purchase...unless you were irresponsible and did not pay it off for months on end and had to pay interest. Which, by the way, would again be YOUR fault...because that interest rate that you paid was QUOTED TO YOU UP FRONT.

I know for a fact that Bank of America gives you a 30 day grace period before any interest was charged, which gives you ample time to dispute the charge. Another thing, no credit card company is REQUIRED to give you back money that YOU ADMITTINGLY spent just because you think they should. It is not the bank's fault you made the purchase. The only thing the bank is required to do is investigate and verify if there is actual fraud.

When you admittingly made the purchase, why would the bank give you your money back? That's like saying "Oh, I fell for one of those African money order scams...so I received a fake money order, took it to the bank and deposited it...spent the money...then found out the money order was fake...now I want the bank to pretend like the money order was real and not take that fake money that I deposited myself away..." Are you out of your mind? Fraud would be if someone took your credit card number and bought something without your consent. IF you did it, it's your own fault if you fell for the scam.

Also, if this company is actually a "scamming" company, you should be writing the better business bereau and taking that company to small claims court.

This would not be a matter for the bank...at all. If the world ran by your selfish rules, we would all be bankrupt in about 30 minutes.So please, stop *** about something that is your own fault and learn to take responsibility for your own actions!

@You people are all ***s

you don't know much about banks do you

Sorry to hear that. I really really hope you switched banks if you paid off the balance in full.

If not, and you have a checking account with BoA, close it and tell them why you are closing it when you go in. Also, you can try getting in touch with the BoA CEOs office.

I have heard people have luck with that, usually for checking accts but maybe something can be done about a credit card. I don't have the number off-hand but I'm sure a quick google search can pull it up.

View more comments (3)
Review

Bank Of America in Charlotte, North Carolina - Paid nine months into loan mod agreement then told I'm in foreclosure. Why? No one knows.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ON BANK OF AMERICA PLEASE E-MAIL ME OR CALL ME WITH INFORMATION ON WHO I CAN TURN TO, I AM DESPERATE!!!!!. I have a loan modification agreement with BOA since July 09. I have made payments every month, BUT I have had unbelievable frustration attempting to make those payments. I would end up being routed to several individuals and departments to finally find someone to accept my payment. In February, NO ONE would accept my payment and I was told I was in FORECLOSURE. They would not accept payments in March and now April either. If this happens one more month, it will be four months where it will appear as though I've not made any payments.The situation is dire for my family and I. I've spoken to supervisors several levels up and NO ONE is willing to tell me why this is happening. I have been manipulated and lied to and shifted from one person to another. I'm told one thing one day and the opposite thing the next day. Some of these people have told me, 'I see the problem here and I'm going to discuss this with my supervisor and I promise I will call you back tomorrow. WE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM". I never hear from them again. I call back the next day, get someone new, and have to start from the beginning again. Many are arrogant, unprofessional, unkind, and unwilling to review the paperwork in front of them, constantly repeating to me," You're in foreclosure. We can't accept your payment." I have my signed and notarized contract and proof that they have cashed my checks for nine months previous. I am a mother of eight, I'm in a desperate situation and I have no one to turn to. I JUST WANT TO MAKE MY PAYMENTS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO FOR HELP. PLEASE RESPOND TO ME AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. Sincerely, Lauren Sherman

Michelle, how did you find out about endlessfrauddetection.com

Was just wondering since they also did an audit for me and found 9 violations.

They will not take your payment because the loan is in forclosure. What happens when they do, and say they take the wrong amount, it is basically like excepting a reinstatement of the loan.

Then they could possible loss whatever money that their forclosure attorney is going to charge them. At this point in time the best thing for you to do is attempt to find a foreclosure attorney to fight for you.

Or, you can call NACA to help save your home, NACA is a comsumer advicasy non-profit organization, and they are bull-dogs when it comes to fighting for the consumer. For anyone that is having foreclosure hardship just Google NACA, they will fight for you if they can.

Contact the Comptroller of the Currency immediately, and lodge a detailed complaint! Also contact the State Attorney General.

Contact this co. www.enddlessfrauddetection.com, the Ceo's name is Neil he got my foreclosed home in superior court by doing an audit on my mortgage papers, is like having a gun against this Bankters head. Now BofA is trying to make a deal with me, because they know I got them!!!!!!.

Good luck and God Bless America.

View more comments (3)

Bank Of America in Mays Landing, New Jersey - BOA Lies & Scams

I started this process in May 2009. Made the first 2 trial payments, called in to make the 3rd, was told at the time that there was no need to make the 3rd payment, because I didn't qualify for the program and I would need to call this # for another program. I was never informed that they did not receive a nec. document. I called severeal times before the end of my trial period to make sure everything was fine. In fact, I even sent them some forms that they misplaced.(have faxed copies to prove receipt) The same day that I was told that I didn't qualify for the MHA program I sent 26 pages that were requested from me by the AG/workout group. I called and was told to call back in 10 days. This run around went on for about 2 months. Finally I spoke with some one (Tanya) on August 30, 2009, who gave me a new trial amount. I paid that and was told that I will receive a Fedex envelope in 14 days. Need I say I never received anything. I was told several times that the package was in the mail, we're a few weeks behind, we're ninety days behind, you need to be closed out of one program before we can put you in another. I was told on several occasions that they didn't know which trial payment was correct and also that they didn't know anything about new trial payments and even that they don't see me in any program. After months of calling (on my part), I finally received a letter in January 2010, saying that I did not make my trial payments and that they had not received all necessary documentation and that I would need to send a substantial amount of money to be considered for the program. At this point, I am very afraid to send anything for fear of loosing everything. I don't wanna live anywhere for free, I just want to be sure that my payments are being received and acknowledged. I was told that they did not see one of my payments. I sent them a copy of the check they cashed. This is crazy and stressful.

i have been waiting for 6 months for bank of america to deliver on the HAMP restructure. i have called them..

visited their bank office... emailed them... and been hung up on... lied to...

transferred endlessly... and more.

now i find that while i have been making my payments regularly... that BOA has been filing these payments away somewhere and not posting them to my account... i have receipts..

and checks... and now i find that im 5 months in arrears accordingto their accounting. im disgusted with bankers...

BOA... liar cheats and theives.