Bank Of America-IM The Victim

I was scammed with a check from someone, i deposited my check in the bank(BANK OF AMERICA) and they said the check was no good so they completley closed my account. I was told that i could no longer bank with Bank Of America. They treated me like i was the criminal. I was told that i was lucky legal matters werent inforced. They did not even provide me with details. The customer service representative was so rude to me. She wouldnt even talk to me with common courtesy. All i wanted was some answers. I am very embarraded for them.

:upset I know

Educate your consumer. Just don't further victimize them.

Where did you get the scam check from? Always remember if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Never deposit anything into your account without being possitive it legit, checks are legal documents and banks are federally funded, what did you think would happen? :eek

View more comments (2)
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Be Aware! Band of America's New NSF Fees; Procedure

***Bank of America's New 03/01/08 Posting Procedure: I've just learned that BofA is now charging NSF fees for "paying" for unposted/pending transactions to your account eventhough you will make a deposit at the end of the day that very same day. So for example...you have $100 in the bank now...you decide to make a purchase for $101 (knowing you'll make a deposit tonight-which WILL post at midnight) we....dear BofA will charge you $35 for covering that $1 eventhough you made a deposit and EVENTHOUGH the purchase transaction WILL NOT POST FOR ANOTHER TWO DAYS!!!...that is OUTRAGEOUS...I have now been charged over $100 in NSF fees for three small transactions I made just MINUTEs before making a deposit....I think I'll take my business somewhere else!!!

Lets try something new. Its called holding yourself responsible to whats in your account, knowing what will be coming out and when.

I do not mean just swiping away until it gets declined... If you cant pay attention to your account, no-one will.

And get it straight: pending transactions immediately reflect in your balance with the exception of pinless gas purchases and tips on your card. If anything posts against a negative balance, expect more fees, not fewer.

And understand this...

YOU *** up. Noone else.

For customer service guy

I am glad you are frustrated, hope you are going to be even more.I would be sad to work for a company the scam peoples.......

Customer service guy - YOU DESERVED TO BE SLAPPED, SHUT THE UCFK UP, YOU ARE AN INBRED ***, WHO LIKES TO SERVICE BOFA ON YOUR KNEES! JUST SHUT THE *** NOBODY LIKES YOU, YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET AND MORE YOU f_CkeR, JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT DEFENDING BOFA, THEY ARE GOING TO TEAR YOUR ANUS TOO YOU ***! SO *** AND TAKE YOUR BANK AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR BOFA STRETCHED BOOTYHOLE!

Bank of America tore my anus, they tore it real good, sure, it felt good while it was happening, but when BOFA was done, I was bleeding and sore and it really hurt to ***.. Bank of America then proceeded to take $600 out of my account and slap my face with their oversized private part.

Then they made me lick it clean..

I cried.. I'm still traumatized to this day!

I used to have an account with BofA and then with Citibank. Didn't like any of them so i joined a credit union (arrowhead cu).

they're truly the best. You cannot go in overdraft with them. If you have $50 in your checking and you want to buy something for $51, your card will be declined. Love that!

I've been with them for the past 5 years and never had a problem.

Plus, all transactions are instant, you don't have to wait 2-3 days to clear. If you buy something at a store you can go online within 5-10 mins and it shows the transactions!!!!Best bank so far for me!

Bank of america does NOT process like all the other banks. This was an insta change to all of their customers accounts and the customers they had understood their overdraft plan, but all of a sudden, it changed overnight.

This was a scam from BofA against it's customers. There was a wide known fact that banks have 'Check Cards'.

Checks don't post for days, this is no longer called a check card, it should be called an insta debit. It does not even sound remotely sensible to charge someone that amount of money for an item that HASN'T EVEN HIT THEIR BANK ACCOUNT.

I've noticed the same thing. I used to be able to make purchases thru credit on my check card a day or so before my direct deposit went in and since it took 2 days for the items to get processed I was in the clear.

Now they go by the date you made the transaction. The funny thing is, my account was never actually in the red because they still counted my deposit before the purchase so how was my account overdraft if it never dropped below $0.00??? I have also noticed for a long time that if you use their site to figure out your balance they are trying to trip you up. Items being processed from pending to posted will disappear for a whole day and the amount will be as if you had never made a purchase.

My register was $48 one day and the amount shown on the BofA site was also $48. Next day bank says I have $190 or there about. This is because the transactions that made up the difference was being processed as not shown. I have just renewed my habit of making sure I go strictly by my own register and ignore what the bank site says.

Also I have such little trust that I also will no longer enter a pending deposit into my register until after it has finished completely posting. People need to realize that banks are the enemy.

They will do anything and everything they can within the bounds of the law (hopefully only that far) to take your money and anything else of value you have. If they can get you in debt the rest of your life, well I am sure this would please them as well.

Banks. Well they are there to generate money you know.

They want to get as much of your money as they can. The bank manager is also rated on the number of nsf charges so as you might imagine this might make it hard for them to resist. The only way to have a good experience with any bank is to make sure to use as few of there services as possible and to make sure you have your own overdraft in place. That is always having at least a paycheck worth of money sitting to save you from there ***.

Bank cd's, insurance, or even mutual fund investments are also all highway robbery. Watch out it is going to get worse and as usual you will find out after the big charges are put onto your account. The banks have no problem telling you that they will charge you and yes it is fair because you signed there agreement. The fact is society has been pushed to use banks and there services or you are punished with many inconveniences.

Unless you are on the track to run your life on a cash cycle vs the debt cycle they push you into you will always be one paycheck from them ripping you off. So if you must use a bank and have the convenience make sure you have at least a paycheck worth of income sitting in your bank.

I can tell you that every bank processes transactions in a very similar fashion. So even if you do close out your account and go to another bank, you will still run into the same problem.

Read over your bank services agreement carefully to see EXACTLY how your transactions are precessed.

I would also recommend getting some sort of overdraft protection on your account. Attach a savings account or line of credit to your checking account so you dont have to worry about tiny overages as much.

This "Bank Natzi" obviously works for them,

I'm experiencing the same *** as I type this response!!

"1. Written by Customer service guy, on 26-04-2008 12:06

sounds like you abviously don't know how to budget your money. BofA new processing system for debit card transactions are the same as any other bank these days. No longer are you able to play your account short and close by expecting to make a deposit ontop of a negative balace that is pending. This type of change is what customers REQUESTED for a number of years for BofA to do, and enough voices were heard in HQ to change it BACK to this type of processing. Bottom line, keep some form of register of your transactions, write your stuff down, if you know you don't have enough money, don't attempt to make the purchase or you'll suffer the snowball effect of overdraft fees. Thats my only advice to EVERYONE that reads this post. To be honest with you, i'm tired of taking VERBAL ABUSE everyday, and so does all my fellow associates. We become frustrated because people fail to listen to anything. And people wonder why BofA have such "horrible" customer serivce."

View more comments (11)
Laguna Niguel, California
Bank Of America Checking Account

Bank Of America Customer Service Sucks....

The BOA Customer Service is the worst Customer Service i've ever experienced. The manager of the 1.800.432.1000 area really sucks... I have 2 accounts with BOA. My friend has deposited into one account and the amount showed up into other account. I withdrew from the former account where I dont have sufficient funds as the money went into different account. I got an Overdraft fee charged to my account. This is purely the BOA associates mistake and when i questioned about the deposit of money into other account, they have no answer. I called the customer service about 3 times and i even contacted the manager. He doesn't agree that its their mistake. I proved him by giving details of the receipt my friend got when he deposited into my account. If anyone experience such problems with BOA....raise your voice and lets tell others about how worst is BOA customer service.
#19146

I have been having problems with my account since I've opened it. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I ended up emailing BOA through there online customer service.

After 9TRYS the issue was still not resolved. I closed my account and will never say a good thing about them to anyone.

Anaheim, California
Bank Of America Account

Rude BoA Customer Service & outrageous overdraft fees.

I put in a wire transfer from my PayPal online account to my Bank of America checking account. PayPal's policy is to give 3-4 business days to insure that the money has transferred to the bank account. The transfer was initiated on March 2, 2008. On March 4, 2008 at 20:29:01 PST PayPal stated the status was Completed. I wrote a check to my child's school for a book order. The BoA didn't put a hit back to PayPal until 3/7/08 and the check caused a $35 overdraft fee that BoA refuses to refund BACK to my account.

It is a money making scheme and you are all taking it. The masses are a bunch of whinney *** and deserve everything they get because they wont do anything about it except complain. The banks own all of you, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can get a 3rd job to pay for your overdraft fees.

I agree we SHOULD be responsible for checking our own balances. but as she said checking them online and via the automated system to VERIFY is NOT reliable either.

WHY offer something that isn't reliable???

what does it is a "tool" mean??? if you are going to offer a service it should be CORRECT

The ISSUE is NOT that I can't keep track of my own bank account. The transfer was put in on March 2, it does NOT take almost 7 days for a transfer to go through.

I did however contact PayPal customer service and they stated that BoA accepted the transfer on March 4 but BoA did NOT show that the money was there until March 7, a 3 day difference with no explanation why. If the account goes into overdraft and I know about it then I say nothing. This time it was NOT my fault.

As far as treating others as I would like to be treated, I DO.

This customer service rep was rude, yelling at me, and talking to me as though I was *** when I WAS BEING CALM AND POLITE. Maybe you all that are defending BoA are satisfied with them and haven't ran into the same problems, give it time, you will.

I recently had a problem with BoA in that they charge to my account largest to the smallest checks resulting in 5 over drafts @ $35.00 = $175.00 if they reversed charging smallest to the largest it would have been only 1 . The reason that BofA will do is they want to make sure that your mortgage or loan or some other payment is covered its suppose to save your credit not so because other places that receive your check back will charge their fee & it will turn it over to collection and it will go against you as well so who are they kidding? This a profit game for them.

What's shady is how they change the rules. For so long they would apply credits and then debits.

Now it seems they have decided to apply debits first and credits last. So this way they can maximize their chances of hitting people with overdraft fees. That's just unethicial as far as I'm concerned. People work hard for their money.

To have to pay $35 a pop of their hard earned money so the bank can maximize their profits is shady. Karma is *** and it'll be back around in a bad way for the money grubbers at bofa.

I bank with BOFA, and constantly make phone calls to the bank's automated service AND have online banking, which are completely unreliable. My husband and I just recently where charged with $350.00 worth of overdraft fees!

All because of the innacuracy of these services. I will definetly start keeping my own record of our purchases, which is probably what I should have done in the first place, but why do they offer services that are only meant to confuse you and ultimately *** over?

I asked the very rude rep. Whats the point of having online banking if I cant trust it?! "Its just a tool" she said.

A usless tool! I HATE BOFA!! ALOT of people I know particularly have had major issues with them.

There is no beating them EVER! Its always YOUR fault, and its impossible to ever get any overdraft fees, (YOUR MONEY) back.

i had a problem with them taking forever to take money out too and i contacted them and they did refund my overdraft fees. but i was reading online somewhere and they are the worst in customer service. like number one in being *** bags

I just wanted express my personal opinion to everyone on this particular bank. I feel that it's one of the worst banks you could possibly do business with. I've been a customer with them for 5 years, and they recently charged me over $700 in overdraft fees in one day. Apparently I had "pending" transactions that went though which over-drafted my account. On the day this happened, I was using my debit card all day in the subway ($2 a pop) with no knowledge I was over-drafted, and they were letting the transactions go through. They charged ($35) every time I used the card, which at the end of the day, for about 40$ in transactions, they charged me over $700 in overdraft fees. Now, mind you, I had plenty of money in my savings account and credit card to cover the overdrafts, but they made no effort to cover me, or alert me that I was over-drafting. When I called to ask about at least getting some of it refunded, they treated me like *** and said there was nothing they could do. Now, $700 isn't a crazy amount of money, but the fact of the matter is, they're scam artists. What other company do you know of that is allowed to charge roughly 170.5% interest on borrowing money ($700 they charged % $40 I borrowed.) There are laws against this kind of thing, but apparently there is no law governing how much a bank can charge in overdraft fees. This is like someone coming up behind you and jacking your wallet, except since you have your money in their hands already, it makes it that much easier. I feel as though there should be more laws written on banking practices. I take the blame for not balancing my checkbook as well as I should have, but I'm outraged at the penalties banks charge people for this, it's a legal form of robbery.

It seems all I can do now is spread the word, do yourself a favor, DO NOT BANK WITH THIS COMPANY! PEACE!

TJ

The ISSUE is that you are yet another person who can't keep track of their own funds. So you took PayPal's word for it that the money was in your acct.

Can they look into your bank acct? No. Neither can you apparently, because it would have taken 10 seconds to check your balance and see that funds weren't available.

BOA doesn't control PayPal, they just put money in your acct as it comes in. Stop blaming everyone but yourself, suck it up, and learn from it.

The issue is that it should only take 3-4 business days for the transfer to complete. They are intentionally slow with deposits and quick on debits which causes people to overdraft.

View more comments (10)
Warrensburg, Missouri
Bank Of America Checking Account

A certain Grace Campoare saying she can tranfer fund worth of 10.5millionUSD own by late Ron Morris

I am Mrs Grace Compaore the bank manager of BANK OF AFRICA (BOA) BURKINA FASOWEST AFRICA BRANCH. I am contacting you based on Trust and confidentiality that you will keep this as top secret and don't be scared or surprised, i am the manager of BANK OF AFRICA and i have an opportunity to transfer sum of US$10.5MILLION (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATE DOLLARS) I have the courage to look for a reliable and Honest Person who will be capable for this important business Transaction, believing that you will never let me down either now or in Future The owner of this account is MR RON MORRIS, foreigner and he is the Manager Of petrol chemical service, a chemical engineer by Proffession.He died with his entire family were among the victims of December 25, 2003 Air-Crash Incident in Benin , The bank has made series of efforts to contact any of the relatives to claim this money but without success, you can confirm through this website http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.c and my Investigation proved to me as well that his company does not know anything About this account. I want to transfer this money into a safe foreign account abroad but I Don't know any foreigner,I know that this message will come to you as a surprise as we don't know ourselves before,but be sure that it is real And A Genuine business. hope that you will never let me down in this transaction, at the conclusion of this business,you will be giving 40% of the total amount, 50% for me and 10% for expenses.look forward to your earliest reply by email for more detailsThanks.Best regards,Mrs Grace Compaore
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt

Bank of America's overdraft goldmine

I've devoted hours and hours to studying Bank of America's "accounting" and this is what I've discovered: During the course of the week they will "recredit" monies to your account that had already been deducted leading you to believe you have more money than you really do. Then they will put those old transactions back through along will all the new charges resulting in multiple overdrafts if you have a low balance and aren't wary of your "true" balance and are using "their" balance. They will even undo transactions that have already posted and "reshuffle the deck" so to speak to get even more overdrafts. Call B ofA (1-80*-622-****) every morning for a week and listen to your balance and see if you don't "mysteriously" have more money in there for some reason even though you've made no new deposits. I pay cash for everything now because I can't afford $38.90 lattes.

Thanks For This Post, was added to my bookmarks.

I find myself coming to your blog more and more often to the point where my visits are almost daily now!

Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.

All I can say is I may ruin my credit, But I'm going to get some of my money back these thieving sobs' at boa have charged me in FAKE od charges due to their creative accounting...when you are down to $2 or so go fill your gas tank up on credit and maybe your buddies too leaving boa on the hook for the bill....

I dont know how or why this banks always screws me over. Alot of ppl are right when they say that they scramble a lot of the transaction around thinking you have money and then "poof" its gone and ur stuck with overdraft fees up the ying yang.

I just got 4 fees and this really *** me off because I just basically used up one of my hard days of working paying them instead of me. I notice that when you deposite money in your account it takes awhile to post, but when stuff gets deducted they are on it like vultures on road kill.

God I hate this bank so much, i wish I had printed out a statement showing what my account looked like before they deducted and charged me overdrafts. I have no clue on how their system operates in terms of deduction and adding.

Sheats always gets scrambled. Dont bank with them........

they are stealing from customers by rearranging pending transactions and charging you more overdraft fees

#151974

just got charged 105 for spending 20.38 of my money

Well, I have been the person sobbing on the phone with a BofA customer service rep, because of 5 overdraft fees. It is hard to accept the fact that you are on the hook for $175 in fees that you did not budget for.

I just decided to always try to keep a cushion of $100 in the bank at all times (not always possible) Because as they say "It is your responsibility to balance your account accurately". A problem I have with them is: I use the Billpay service for almost all of my bills. I have for years planned the "deliver by" date to be on my payday so that I could cover bigger payments. They used to deduct these payments at midnight of that day (Friday night/Saturday morning), but recently they started deducting the payments in the morning.

This really screwed me up, not able to put gas in my car, or buy groceries because my account was negative until my check cleared at midnight. Why can't their time lines be consistent?

Just got off the phone with BofA regarding overdraft fees. I don't understand how they can continue to get away with typical scamming practices.

For example, re-crediting money to your account in hopes that you don't balance your checkbook accurately. The worst experience just happened to me yesterday. I deposited CASH in to the ATM at 8:15 p.m. on 6-1-10 and the receipt showed the full amount available for withdrawal.

I then drove home and transferred $200 of the money to my wife's BANK OF AMERICA account online. The next morning I had three overdraft fees for some fast food purchases and the cash deposit still showed "pending" while the $200 transfer showed it had posted completely. I spent over an hour on the phone with a "supervisor" and couldn't get anywhere. They made me feel like I was talking to a robot and could not comprehend anything.

She kept repeating "$100 was made available to you immediately" and I kept saying "how was I able to transfer $200 then" and "the money was transferred to another BofA account".

BofA use to operate in a more honest manner years ago, but have since become the *** of the banking world. I'm going to move all of my money and loans to Chase.

that post from disclosing info was me my bad

View more comments (32)
Sacramento, California
Loss

Bank of America....is the worst!

Bank of America is the worst financial institution that I have ever had. Their customer service representatives are the worst and will tell you false statements at any given time. I called to inquiry about a check that I deposited and was informed that it would be available at 5:01pm that day. Which didn't happen and caused my account to be overdrawn. What really bothered me was the rep didn't not my account and told me false information. I am so displeased with them and I am recommending to all my friends and family that patronize Bank of America to find a financial institution.
Baltimore, Maryland
Bank Of America Account

Online banking customer service from overseas

When I wrote from Thailand that I needed a "duplicate" ATM card, they put a hold on my card so there was no way to get cash. After writing them they kept giving me 800 numbers to call through an ATT operator who asked for an ATT credit card which I don't have...I was then told by ATT that 800 calls cannot be made from Thailand!!I then tried the toll number and was not able to "hold" for 20 minutes from here....I had my daughter in Oregon call and she was disconnected 3 times..Now, no card and no money...........

I can work as call center agent

it is really horrible that that happened to you. Did you notify the bank that you were traveling to Thailand before leaving?

You need to do this so that they do not think that someone is trying to fraudulently trying to get at your money. There is a lot of overseas fraud going on right now.

View more comments (1)
Bangkok, Krung Thep
Service
Bank Of America Banking Service

Charged 34.9% interest w/ out me aware

Bank of America nightmare...I transferred funds ($5500) to a Bank of America promotional rate of 0% for 12 months. I was late by one day on two consecutive bills. When I received my next bill, I noticed in small print that my apr % was 34.9%! When I called to inquire, I was told I should have read the "fine print" on the offer regarding late payments. Okay, I agree, but what I don't understand is how such a reputable bank would charge a rate well above what "Loansharking" is defined as. In addition, not make it obvious they had done so. And, furthermore, I was given zero courteous or flexibility. So, me, who has an excellent credit score, dealing with a supposedly good banking company, witnessed a complete "Lose-Lose" scenario: I will never bank with Bank of America again, nor recommend them! Shame on them...such thieves.

You were late on TWO payments. And you thought they would be overlooking this?

Wrong.

You are an ***. They should have hiked the rate to 69.8% just because you're an ***.

It is obviuos that your credit score is quite low and your credit history is not good enough...those rates are only reserved to high risk customers like yourself.

View more comments (1)
Newburgh, New York

Bank of America hosed me

This seems to be how BoA makes their money. I have a secured Visa card with an annual charge (although the paperwork that I had originally signed had led me to believe that there would be no annual charge). No big deal right? Well, last year in March I received my first charge of $29. It wasn't until a few months ago, in October, that I finally got rid of it. I initially paid off the original charge of $29 over the phone. That accrued a $15 pay-over-the-phone charge. No problem, I opted to pay that over the phone at the same time. Several months later, I logged onto my BoA website and found that not only had the $15 charge not been paid, it had doubled to over $30 in late fees. I never used the card so never thought to log on, and they hadn't been mailing my statements to notify me of a balance like they should have been. I called them and paid it again, once again asking to pay the $15 charge right there. This time, they took the extra $15. Unfortunately, they did NOT take money for the $1.50 finance charge. Again, no statements, and I eventually had to open up online bill pay with my other bank (who I actually trust) to pay the finance charge. Almost a year and over 75 dollars to pay an original $29 annual charge on a card that I thought didn't even have an annual charge. Just this month, I logged on in a fit of randomness, and found, in the start of a wonderful new cycle, another annual charge of $29, again with no paper statement mailed to me. I can only wonder the devious ways they plan to hose me this time around. I plan to dump this card ASAP, and will never look back.

imreloadin----

I want to share an observation with you and the readers of these articles about First Premier Bank.

I notice how you like to chap up working for First Premier Bank.....Ohh it's a great life with all of these beneath you consumers which is pretty much my take on your position regarding your company.

However I noticed how you are selective in your responses. You do not seem to be commenting on complaints about RUDE customer service reps. Only things regarding your expertise, such as your Cardmember Agreement. Which I'm sure you have a copy of near by since it is kind of like your employment bible.

What I think you should realize is; really all you are doing is parading yourself around like you are some know-it-all with your rule book. What you should consider is that YOU are that RUDE or TERRIBLE customer service rep. So stop the parade and aknowledge that yes you are that RUDE customer service rep. (CRITICIZE)!

Columbus, Ohio

Bank of America Ripoff

B of A gladly handled a balance transfer for me and I was very happy to have the 0% financing for a year. I recieved my first bill and there was a late payment fee and a huge intrest rate. They claimed I missed my first bill. There was NEVER any statement sent to me. My mailbox has a lock on it and my bills are not lost or late. I immediately transfered my balance once again to Chase and never had any problems. DO NOT TRY DOING BUSINESS WITH BANK OF AMERICA. They will not remove increased charges for mistakes or errors that they themselves make.

Again, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. :zzz

Muskegon, Michigan

Bank of America is THE Worst

Bank of America Froze My College Tuition! These people are terrible, particulary a supervisor named Maria Velasquez who won’t return phone calls, forcing consumers to use automated voice response systems that shield real people from resolving their problems. I am trying to pay college tuition and they froze my account due to a “technical problem” with their on-line web site. 15 days later and countless hours of calls to branches, their corporate headquarters and useless customer service representatives; my tuition is still tied up. No one will help or return phone calls. There are some really bad people employed at BofA. Considering all the good choices consumers have, Bank of America doesn’t deserve our business. We need to send them a message by taking our business to better, customer friendly institutions.

Write to your Senators and demand they do something. That's what they are there for.

Tell them you want the banks regulated and changes in the banking laws.

And then write to Pres. Obama.

Englewood, Colorado
Loss

Bank of America rips off a customer of 30 years!

After having at least 1 account since 1979, (and several times a business and/or savings account), in January of 2006 I called the BofA branch in Woodburn Oregon to discuss closing my accounts as my employment status put me over an hour away from the closest branch. I was told to be sure all charges were thru, then call back and they would close the account for me. April of 2006, I called again, stating they were taking $6.50 every month to send me a statement and that I wanted to close the account immediately. The manager was brought into the conversation and I was told the account would be closed the end of that month and I would receive a check for any remaining balance. I actually forgot about the balance, I was already banking with another institution, and never gave this another thought, until now. Looking into my credit score I discovered I have been turned over to a collection agency for $220 of overdraft fees!!! Can you believe that? I called the 800 number, was passed around several times then "accidentally" dropped. Now I am furious! I will not pay these ridiculous fees, and I will take this to the highest courts possible and sue for those court costs as well. I want BofA to contact all three credit reporting agencies and inform them of their mistake. I want this taken of of my credit report right now! I also want BofA to contact this collection agency and have them to drop their pursuit of these fraudulent charges. I also want BofA to stop this ludicrous practice, ripping people off. I want all of this in writing, and I want it now! If BofA will straighten this mess out immediately, I won't have to pursue legal action, but it is my credit you are screwing with, and I cannot afford to just let it go. After nearly 30 years of banking, paying those ridiculous charges, giving them my money, you do this! Shame on you!

This is unfortunate but im pretty sure if you try and take this to court, no way you will win. I've had to deal with situations like this at my bank as well.

It will be a waste of your money. The bank isnt responcible for keeping track of your transactions, you are. It is obvious that items were still being presented to your account after it had been "closed". Were they electronic payments?

Checks you had written? Were you having issues with fraud? Whenever you close an account out you need to keep track of it for at least a few months after to be sure that there arent any issues. Sometimes payments will come in right as an account is supposed to close, giving a negative balance and holding the account open.

Banks tend to send a couple statements after accounts are closed for that reason.

I would reccomend talking to a regional manager and trying to explain the problem in a calm sensible manner. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

Molalla, Oregon
Service
Bank Of America Banking Service

Bank of America: Use caution when opening accounts

Applying for an account with Bank of America will probably get you an account, but not the one you applied for. I applied for a line of credit with the advertised rate of 8.99% interest rate, my credit score is in the high 700's. I was denied credit. I received a 10,000 credit line with a 21.99% interest rate 4 weeks later that I didn't apply for. When I phoned they closed the account but refused to remove the tradeline from my credit report. Thus it shows me opening and closing an account. For those of you who aren't familiar with reading credit profiles, this looks unfavorably when applying for credit. Apparently 8.99% is false advertising, or only one available at this cost (like a car dealership). Also, opening an account without your permission/authorization may be considered fraud. If you experience this or another issue with Bank of America which you believe is unfair business practices file a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston TX 77010-**** fax: 713-336-****. http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm will take you to the online complaint form.

OCC office of controller stamped our letter and would give a name of who handled the case..id say let them go under,we as a county our the biggest suckers for promoting *** service faulty business pratices.rewards ..letem die for what they have done..to consumers never agin with us or our family in whitehall /emmaus lehigh st/catasaqua rd brach too..nevr again..

Sacramento, California

Bank of America

My wife called BOA to lower her interest rate which is 24.25%. We have good credit and since I pay the bills have not had a late or missed paymet in well over three years. The sale rep stated they do not lower interest rates. They offered her a 'refinance' where they transfer an amount into our checking account and then it is paid off in one year at 0% interest. Oh and this offer was only good for the next one hour. After consulting our financial advisor (because this made no sense to me), we find that BOA makes their money this way. A) They loan you say $5000 to pay off your card,then you actually owe then $10,000 granted at 0% (FOR ONE YEAR) B) Any further charges on that card are not covered by this loan and charged THE HIGHEST INTEREST RATE ALLOWED BY LAW. C) If you don't pay it all off in a year the balance goes to the maximum rate I just cancelled my BOA card and we are refinancing through a local loan shark. His rates are MUCH BETTER THAN BOA
Herndon, Virginia