Dear Bank of America Customers....

if you the idiot that can not maintain your checking account and is constantly overdrawing it, PLEASE do us a favor and close your accounts and take your business else where. You will quickly learn to find that the same practices and policies that BofA engage in, other banks do as well, weather it be processing of items or sticking by its policies of cut off times and deposit holds. I am tired of hearing the same old story every day about why your account is overdrawn (especially on Wednesdays). We at customer service DO NOT want to hear your life story, suck up the fact that you screwed up, mismangaed your finances and are now being assessed fees. If the fees were applied and it was due to BANK ERROR, we will acknowledge that and fix our mistake - even if you do have to call us about it. But if you make purchases with your check card over the weekend, you should know that those items DO NOT POST to your account UNTIL they go through processing the next business day (Mon-Fri). So when your account goes through processing Monday night and you have a outstanding check come in causing your account to become overdrawn, DO NOT CALL US to see if we will give you back the overdraft fees, because they are not result of any BANK ERROR, you screwed up, not us. As far as processing of items, Bank of America like any other bank in the country, POST all credits (as long as we have it before the cutoff time for your state) before any debits AND we process items largest amount to smallest amount PER federal law (except in the state of Nevada, because of the state law and gambling combined together). We associates at Bank of America try do our best for whats right for you as a customer and provide you with resources to help you better manage your finances (automated system and online banking), but it is ultimately the responsibility of YOU (the customer) to make sure that your transactions are recorded in your check register. Once you have that information, you should know where your balance stands. I get paid to provide you with information regarding your account and to educate you on how your account works and other products and services, but the moment you call me, start dropping "F" bombs towards me, pretty much calling me incompetent and trying to tell me how to do MY job, customer service for you goes out the window and i'm not gonna sugar coat *** for you. The moral of the story for today kids is: *be an adult and take responsibility for your *** up on your account. *do not call customer service with an attitude like we owe you anything. *when you do call customer service, be NICE and receptive of what we have to tell you and as a result, you won't receive "bad" customer service back at you. FYI to those verbally abusive customers, we do reserve the right to close your account and send you a check in the mail of your remaining balance for your abusive language. Keep it up and we will report you to Chex Systems as well to prevent you from opening an account any place else. Thank you for reading, enjoy your day. Any questions, comments or concerns email at loyalcustomer26505@***.com

Coward.

Notice how you didn't sign your name. 7 people in my family have all the issues complained about.

But you are all talk to your customers who keep your *** employed

I hope and can't wait for legal remedies that close your bank down. And another thing, sounded like threats to what you do if people confronted you on fraud

I once was charged the 35.00 fee for .23cents overdrawn, I called and told them I couldn`t see how they could charge such a astronomical fee for less than a quarter overdrawn, they gave me some bull****line but eventually got it back, but was told next time they have no choice but to charge the fee. That to me is outrageous fee for less than a quarter!!!

But this is how banks make their money, they hope we overdraw!!!! :(

Go to your SENATORS!

Ok to the person who posted this thread, and yes I do work for Bank of America!!

Did you ever once try to understand why people are upset? Did you read their posts and try to understand their situation? Did you ever look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why you didn't just answer them without coming home from work venting taking it out on customers? Btw I get paid to report bad Bank of America employees, though you better watch yourself next time.

You better try to save your position cause when they start down-sizing, you might be the one to be sent home, and threatening Bank of America customers, regardless of the fact is an offense to our Code of Conduct, you should know the drill, or maybe you need to watch the CSR Video we train employees to watch to better handle customers. :).

Even though some of the stuff said is right (from what this person said), always check your general ledgers and your account ledgers online. Sorry for any inconvenience we caused you, we always look forward to making the customer happy. If you see or notice anyone that claims, or belittles the customer of Bank of America, please call 180*-***-**** or email abuse@***.com. We look forward to stopping any employer who makes us look bad, the faster you send in your information regarding report claims of CSR abuse the better to assist you.

I have a small business and bank with BOA. I have a line of credit for my business, always pay my bills on time and more than the min.

payment. BOA has increased the interest rate from 10% to almost 25% which has more than doubled my payment. I'm struggling to keep my head above water in these hard economic times but every time I turn around some big business is trying to drown me. Where is all the help for the middle class of today?

What's wrong with this picture people?

We bail out the banks with our tax dollars and then they take full advantage of us! As soon as I can, I'll be saying bye bye to BOA!

I like how you tell customers to take responsibility for their own errors which includes paying fines and fees, yet banks don't feel the need to take responsibility for their own errors, you can find loads of stores about how a bank put money into the wrong account and then months later when they realize there error instead of taking responsibility for it and being out the money they go and just yank it out of the account. I'm sorry but that's your *** up, and it's hard enough to get you guys to admit it so the money can sit in there for months some times. If we as customers don't pay attention and mess up we pay for it, so banks should have to pay for it also when they don't pay attention and mess up.

when it is MY error I ADMIT its MY ERROR!! however I have on a COUPLE Of occasions been charged fees that NO ONE on YOUR END can EXPLAIN and bc its been 2 months they can't do anything about it????

your commercials are MISLEADING if they show the "check your account anywhere, even in the mountains" as I DID that I checked my account PRIOR to making a purchase and SAW that the ONLY two prior transactions I had (and YES those TWO transactions are the ONLY ones I had for the FOUR days BEFORE and the FIVE DAYS AFTER this one!!!! )open HAD posted and it showed I had a balance of $49 I spent $47 and yet I was charged an OVERDRAFT FEE?? when I called to complain I was told I shouldn't check my balance ???? WTF WHY OFFER OR ADVERTISE that if you shouldn't USE IT????

hmmm maybe you (you as in Bank of America) have HEARD that complaint often (as I haven't seem to have been seeing that commercial lately ? wonder if there is a class action that could be had on that ??? ) Trust me I AM VERY ON TOP OF MY ACCOUNT I canot AFFORD to get any type of "extra" fee or charges I check my account SEVERAL times a day. I have called to report LEGITMATE claims against other company's (oh and again ANOTHER COMMERCIAL that seems to be MIA.....we will refund your money while its investigated???) BULL!!!

on those claims I was told they could NOT refund my money (and please they were ONLY $12 claims well one was $75 and one was $25, ALL were REFUNDED to me by the MERCHANT as they were FRAUDULENTLY MADE!!!

I was trying to avoid having NSF fees b/c due to these PROVEN FRAUDULENT charges my account was below the balance I like to KEEP it at. but NO ONE wanted to help you have the WORSE customer SERVICE I have EVER experienced and I have WORKED customer service for over 10 yrs!!)

Yes, it is our job to help you out as much as i can and educate you about your accounts... but it is NOT our job to take abuse.

You know, once i had a client threaten to "slit my throat" if i didnt return overdraft fees... what should i have done in your opinion.... oh... i am sooo sorry about the overdraft fees sir....

here you go...

full refund!!!? :?

wow, its nice to see that there is no hope for humanity....

Trucker guys -

I do my best every single call to provide quality customer service to my customers, but when you have someone that is unrealistic, unreasonable, it becomes frustrating to do your job and not become upset. I can only speak for myself, and i speak from YEARS of experience.

Working Mother -

i understand your gripe and frustrations, living pay check to pay check. I have student loans that i am into my 5 year of paying, i have no roommate nor do i live with mom. its understandable that you're upset for being overdrawn by 1.79 and that you probably received a $35 fee, but when you spend money that is not there in your account, those are the consequences that must be faced. One thing people fail to realize is that in the banking industry, its a computer system that recognizes overdrawn accounts and applies over draft fees. Not some monkey pressing the overdraft button at the first sight of seeing a negative balance.

To everyone -

just be kind to the next customer service rep you speak with, situations usually work in your favor when you're polite and understanding. Put yourself in the shoes of a CSR. Imagine yourself when you're pissed off and you're yelling at someone, cursing them. How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of something like that 80 - 100 times a day.

Customer SERVICE! That is your job title.

SERVICE means being proffessional even when the customer is not.

YOU Mr.

or Mrs. Customer service took the job, deal with it!

View more comments (15)
Morgantown, West Virginia

Bank Of America asks for account credentials at another bank

Yesterday, Jul 23, 2008, I tried to open a CD account with Bank of America online, and in addition to all the standard information (name, age, SSN, address, mother's maiden name, citizenship, routing number and account number) I was also asked to provide my userID and password to the -another - bank account from which the CD would be funded. Stunned, I called their 800 number and they confirmed that, since I was not an existing customer with Bank of America, I had to provide the user name and password to my account at the other bank, or else could not open the CD. I strongly believe this kind of information should have been disclosed first-hand, to avoid me entering all my credentials in vain. And what happens now to all my personal information, since I don't even have an account with them, so Bank of America cannot be held responsible for leaking it out? This morning I went in person to their local branch, and the manager was as surprised as I was to hear that I was asked the userID and password to access my banking account at another bank. My going in person to the local branch didn't solve the problem though, since apparently they, the local branch), have no communication with the online banking department, other than calling the same 800 number I had called the previous day. According to the local branch manager I talked to, they don't even share the same database! Needless to say, I would never open an account with Bank of America, if it means to give away my user name AND password to my account at another bank!
Dallas, Texas

Bank of America Credit Card Services Ruined My Credit

I have been banking with BofA for 15 years. Recently the grossly overpriced fees have been getting to me financially. A few months back I was late on two payments to a credit card held by BofA. About two months later the bank closed the account and raised the minimum payments from about $700/ month to $1900/month. Well, now I am unemployed with no way to pay them off. Now they are sending me to a collection agency after "trying to help". If they had not closed the *** account in the first place, I would have been ok. Do not bank with this company, when times get rough they send their henchmen to get their money with no regard for the consumer. My wife and I would have been doing well, except for this housing crisis caused in part by the *** banks giving everyone in the world credit and mortgages. Now they are getting the *** credit card holders with only minor blemishes. Soon, I will be closing my other credit and bank accounts with bank of america. Adios to you BofA. Thanks for cleaning my family and many others out of their hard earned cash.
Mesilla Park, New Mexico
Bank Of America Banking Service

Getting screwed by MBNA

If you are not aware, if you check my MBNA account you will find two things When Bank of America decided to buy MBNA or take them over which ever occurred. They not only took over MBNA assets but their responsibilities. One of those responsibilities was “customer service” What MBNA/BOA consider customer service was to ‘quietly allow the account to exceed the maximum balance. Thus providing MBNA/BOA an excuse to raise the interest rate. Not true you say, well let me explain. I had stopped using the card as so did the other authorized user Connie Butt. What ran the card up was automatic payments. The excuse for this according to one of your ‘account mangers ‘ “We did not want your “phone or other services to be cut off” There is just one problem with this ‘ When I requested a increase to pay for automobile repairs it was denied. The denial I might add was before the allowed over charges. And the increase in interest rates. Then there was the late charges because even though I was making a transfer from another card. It could not be processed because of some glitch in BOA’s take over of MBNA. Then there was BOA handling of all of MBNA’s third party services, you know the ones ‘ travel, car rental, hotels........ As customer of MBNA’s and not of BOA I was told when I learned that a ‘airline ticket had been made out in the wrong name, by BOA that they were not responsible for any errors made by MBNA. That it was up to me correct it. That fiasco took 5 days on the phone with “ world points’ Delta Airlines , BOA customer service ( who were of none) and a visit to San Diego Airport, where being forced into a desperate situation got the issue solved using a very successful tactic. Where was BOA all this time ‘ not helping g the customer. No they were putting it back on MBNA.. In simple put,, you established that I am not and have never been a BOA customer. And if I want being that MBNA no longer exist all of my debts are expunged. You can not take the good without the bad. When BOA bought MBNA it was not a desk and chair punchers it was the whole dam store. Zits scars and all. People tell me I need to have patients.. To which I reply ‘why are you having a ‘ash and sack cloth sell’ Well I don’t need any and I don’t need any more of BOA B.S You have stretched my patient to the limit. I have had repeated conversations with your ‘account mangers’ but now it appears as if not only am I getting calls from FIA but request from BOA to class them
El Cajon, California
Loss

Bank of America overdraft (you are not told about this part)

When you do an over draft Bank of American will reshuffle all the amount for the last 3 days by largest to the smallest, not by date. Then this will empty your acount quicker. I got 5 $35 overdraft charges all of the items were done the day before I the one I should have been charged for. On of them was $35 on a $2.00 charge. The state and the Fed's don't care. After Enron I thought that we were to have ethics in book keeping. Bank of America has none. They will give lips service, but not any money back.

I ahve a checking and savings account with Bank Of america they have been really great in the 7 months I ahve ahd the acoounts I have been charaged 3 $35 overdraft feee and then they have been returned

I open a new account every 3 months, get keep the change and have BOA match my donations. I have 3 current accounts (all free). After 3 months the rewards are piddling, so I use the new account and will let the old sit until it reaches one year and the rewards are paid into it.

I will do this until i feel that the ridiculous fees that I was assessed in the past on my one account have been paid back to me 2 times over.

Also, they give at least one courtesy fee refund one each account. So if I ever get one in that 3 month period I am covered.

BOA wants to use the system to screw me, I will use their system to screw back.

My wife and I graduated college and both got good jobs in law firms. We deposited our checks (for a considerable amount) and then a week later started spending the money.

They held the checks, charged overdraft fees and then applied the deposit to the account the same day. Their reason was that our banking "habits" had changed. As students with an account there several years we could always deposited our check right away and had instant access to the money.

Now that we make an onscene amount of money we can't even gain access to it!? Needless to say we switched quickly to Wachovia and love it.

Wow! At first I thought I was the only one.

After researching I am comforted by the fact that I am not.

Let's get together and tear down the B.O.A system by contacting our congress and ligislature, no action no votes from. I feel so bad that this happens to so many people and the Feds just sit back and enjoy the perks!

Bravo! same thing pretty much happened to me and my wife.

Why is there not a class action lawsuit? If you google BofA you will find myriad stories from other folks who have experienced this same ***.

Get away from BOA as soon as possible! All it takes is one instance of overdraft to get locked in a vicious cycle of outrageous charges and debt.

Before I banked with them, I succesfully managed my own finances for nearly ten years with only one overdraft incident ever.

Last summer, my husband and I opened an account there because the idea of "keep the change" was so appealing. It's hard to save money in this economy and the "bank of opportunity " seemed promising in the realm of "financial success". We got burned, badly, and the day we closed our account seemed like a holiday!!

The same thing happened to us, it started with one overdraft charge ... transactions were switched around to empty the account. The next thing we knew, we were charged overdraft fees for -- overdraft fees! We were up to our neck in fees. They took about a third of my husbands automatic payroll deposits every other week. We canceled direct deposit as an attemt to regain control of our budget; Apparantly that annoyed them, so they began holding his check for 4 days at our local branch.

We were getting behind on our mortgage and other commitments because so much of our money was taken by that bank. As soon as we received our economic stimulus check, which was deposited into our savings. They automatically transfered 400.00 to checking without our consent. We didn't appreciate that very much but our debt there was settled and we closed our account. That was months ago -- up until last month we were still receiving statements. Go figure.

All that to say, that thousands of dollars were taken from us within a three month period. We accept responsibility for a fraction of this mess, but there's no denying that we were screwed. Monitor your account several times daily and print statements each time you do. They are known for performing odd fanagaling of numbers, as you said, to get more money from their customers. BOA is known in our circle as Bunch o' ***

Why is statement free banking considered "green" nowadays? It has less to do with environmental concern, in my opinion, and more to do with taking rights away from consumers.

Do Not bank there!!

Bank tellers, don't take this personally. Customer service was almost always pleasant at the branches... it's just the corporate entity itself that's crooked.

View more comments (5)
Hinesville, Georgia

BANK OF AMERICA - EMPLOYEE STOLE $6,000 FROM ELDERLY

A Central Florida Bank of America employee stole a $6,000 CD from my family!!! My mother visited a Central Florida branch of Bank of America, to check on her ailing father's accounts. As a caretaker, and having power of attorney, for my grandfather, my mother gave her ID over to the teller / Manager, in order to be able to review his current accounts. This woman left into an office, and a short while later returned with a few documents showing my grandfathers accounts and balances. Unbeknownst to my mother, the teller never gave one of the records (of a $6,000 CD) to my mother. Instead, this disgusting excuse for a humban being closed the CD, created a check and later cashed the check.....utilizing my mother's POE documents (which included my grandfather's signature, which this teller forged. More on that momentarily). A few weeks after our mother went to this Bank of America branch to check on the accounts, she received an angry letter from her siblings, who noticed that a CD had been closed, and accused her of taking this money from our grandfather. She was shocked and devastated at the accusation, for she never even KNEW this CD existed, much less would she EVER take money from ANYONE, much less her ailing father. My mother is a true angel and saint, full of pride at how she has worked for all she has, and will not even accept financial assistance from her own children, much less would she ever steal from her own father!!! Immediately upon learning of this closed CD, my mother began a quest to get to bring this bank teller / manager to justice. She went to the Bank of America branch, she went all the way up the chain of contacts in Bank of America to have this incident investigated. We have documentation of every disgusting lie (and how this branch teller / manager's story has CHANGED repeatedly). This woman even went so far as to say that my mother "took the check outside to have my grandfather endorse it to be cashed"!! My grandfather lives in Arkansas, and has NEVER traveled to Florida, so this in itself was impossible!!! But no matter how clear it was that this woman was guilty, covering, changing her stories and outright lying, every attempt to even have her investigated and brought to justice has failed. My mother has contacted every Government Agency she knows (Banking Fraud commissions, Department of Elderly Affairs, etc. etc.), to try to get assistance in bringing this dispicable woman, who prays on unsuspecting elderly people, to justice....TO NO AVAIL. The final correspondence that my mother received from the investigative lead at Bank of America (in Atlanta, GA), basically concluded by saying that the teller / manager in question would continue to be monitored over a period of time and, should anything suspicious surface, she would be fully investigated. That was the end, and we have hit a brick wall. I cannot tell you the pain and torment this has caused my mother, who is such a gentle, honest and sensitive soul....and who has had to bear the pain of her family's accusations, and who has received NO justice or closure from the Bank of America, an employee of which has stolen $6,000 from my family. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE, AND PLEASE WARN AND PROTECT YOUR ELDERLY FAMILY MEMBERS IN FLORIDA FROM EVER HAVING THIS HAPPEN TO THEM!! Very Best Regards from a distraught family.....

I'm just finding out that I may have $50,000.00 taken out of my account. I had an checking account and someone made a CD account. When I call the bank they told me that the account doesnt exist or doesnt match my SSN.

I'm filing a claim Monday?

The same thing happened to me in Lakeland, FL. A Bank of America employee stole MY CD.

I have been working a month to try to recover it. They won't put it back until they get it back.

The trail of the "dissappearing CD" ends with one of their employees cutting a check to herself. IF anyone else in FL has had the same or very similar problem with Bank of America, please contact me at dedls2003@***.com for a possible class action lawsuit to recover OUR money.

I, like "banker" above, am wondering to whom the $6,000 check was made payable - perhaps to the grandfather since there is mention of an endorsement apparently in his name. The cancelled check, or copy thereof, should have been returned to the writer's mother or grandfather or to whomever may have been designated to receive his bank statements.

I find it odd that the writer's mother, who had POA didn't know of the $6,000 CD but her siblings "noticed that a CD had been closed" not too long after the fact. How did they happen to "notice" it. Who received the grandfather's bank statements, original CDs, correspondence from the bank etc. and where were they kept?

From my experience, one usually has to sign something when closing a CD - sometimes the certificate itself or some other document, maybe a receipt for the check. I would think that anyone acting under a POA would have to sign something like that if she closed the account and received the proceeds. How about in this case?? Was the back asked to produce any such receipt or similar document?

Also, I suspect a bank employee who embezzles or otherwise takes money doesn't do it just once. Get away with it once and then do it again. Thus, watching the employee in question might be productive. I'm also wondering who had the original CD document - the grandad?

The writer's mom?

And of what, if any, significance is the fact that the branch bank in question is in Florida but the grandfather had never been in FL and lives in AR. Would love to know more about this one.

I would be interested to hear the tellers take on this. The thing is, if she had cut a check who would she have cut it to?

herself? that doesnt sound right AND on top of that it is against any bank's ethics policy to accept any sort of MONEY from a client. Who cashed the check if it wasnt written to her? did she?

Thats a pretty big red flag there. I personally have had a bad experiance as an employee regarding a CD. I made a goof (only human) and opened a CD without transferring the funds from the clients checking account (a 20K cd) The client came in 5 months later the "check on" his CD which wouldnt have matured for another 5 months. I looked it up to find that it was "closed" because it had never been funded.

HMMM... how could you not miss that there is an extra 20k in your account? Anyway. I offered to give him the interest that he WOULD have earned if the funds had been transferred (again my mistake).

HE decided to try and make a bit more then the interest and told me he had given me 20 k CASH. When i asked where the "cash" had come from in order to trace the supposed funds .... uh.... HOME.

OK i would have remembered getting 20K cash in as I would have had to get the tellers to do a CTR.... did more research and A) on the deposit ticket i wrote deposit of funds transferred from checking account B) there was a withdrawl ticket WITH his signature in the system stateing withdrawl from checking account to fund new CD #.......

BUT i had written the incorrect transaction code so it had kicked back... THANK GOD i had written those comments and had him sign everything or MY bank would have been out 20k and more then likely i would have been axed!

this story is absoultly the truth and in my opinion the lack of time that videos are kept by the bank of america is absoultly in excusable to me if they were to keep the videos for a minumum of 3 months this teller would be in jail right now and one day this lady will be caught and i cannot wait for the day that this happens because i for one will be right there at the bank of america in kissimee florida asking that these branches be closed

View more comments (5)
Reston, Virginia
Bank Of America Banking Service

Watch Out For Bank Of America Fees

We closed an account with Bank of America over 3 months ago, and were still being charged monthly fees. I called up there and was on hold for 45 minutes before they realized their mistake and only repaid me for 2 months. Nevermind the overdraft, overcharge, and insuffiecent charges they refused to give back. I think we paid them close to $600. And will never get it back. I will not do any other business with them. I am in the process of trying to close my checking and savings account with them. I let them know this and they were not the least bit interested.

They`ve burned me for hundrefs of Dollors as well. Dont trust BOA!!

They`ve burned me for hundrefs of Dollors as well. Dont trust BOA!!

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas
Bank Of America Checking Account

BANK OF AMERICA WON'T ANSWER

Bank of America the bank of opertunity for other banks to get customers. The bums won't answer the phone when you call the branch, the phone number listed on their web site for charlotte nc university branch is not even a working number. What a bunch of screw ups. when they don't answer they transfer you to a call center that the people can't speak good english. How about bank of america but you have to speak spanish to talk to them. Maybe they just want the illegal's to bank there. Anyway don't support these crooks bank somewhere else.

Don't you just hate how these immigrants keep getting good American jobs? Wow, maybe the reason they get the job is because they can spell simple words like opportunity (opertunity?, did you graduate from *** High?).

Charleston, South Carolina

Raised APR to 27%

I too was with Bank of America and held a credit card. I never had a late payment in 3 years with them and never went over the limit--no negative fees what so ever. Yet, they raised my apr to 27%--that's ridiculous--. I called them on 3 separate occasions and they refused to lower the apr. I am currently finalizing a mortgage loan to pay off bills and remodel our house. Bank of America will be paid off and the credit card destroyed. I won't cancel it because that doesn't look good on your credit report. In addition, I will never do any business with Bank of America or any of its' affiliates.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Bank Of America Mortgage

BOA Stole $250 from me!

We got overdraft in our BOA account and instead of them letting us know they charged us $35 for every transaction! Most of which were between $2-$5 transactions! My husband calculated that for $22 in overdraft they charged us $250!!!! I do all my banking online and check it every couple of days! When I checked it the morning before it was fine! We called them and they stated that it kept letting us post transactions with our debit card because the payments were pending at the time they were run as credit. So the next day we end up paying nearly $250 in fees! We finally got notices in the mail a week after they had already charged us. They couldn't call us and let us know. I am PISSED! And i will deffinately be switching banks!

Imagine all the fees they would have to charge to pay for all the people they would have to hire to call everyone who overdrawls their accounts!!! All banks charge Overdraft/ NSF fees.

YES they WANT you to be irresponcible so that they can make non- interest income. What sort of interest income do you think they are making on your 100 bucks? Do you expect them to provide service to you for free? That 35 dollar fee is for a penny or a 1000 dollar overdraft.

It is per item not amount. Banks are FOR PROFIT and when you do overdrawl your account they do have to take an extra step to process your transactions. All that being said there are many ways you can aviod fees. A) keep an accurate register and familiarize yourself with the way the bank processes transactions, B) keep a large ballance and spend only a small fraction of what you have, C) get some sort of overdraft protection ( link a savings account or line of credit to your checking).

EVERYONE should keep a register no matter what but everyone makes mistakes here and there.... its funny though...

I almost never have little old ladys who live on social sec checks comming in with NSF problems.... its ALLLLWAYSS young people

Do you think banks just sit and watch your accounts and make sure you don't overdraw them? No, grow up!

You are responsible for how much money you spend heard of a check register?

You are in charge of tracking your money, and you are aware that the bank is going to charge you if you overdraw your account, its called a business, how else are they going to make money? You need to be more careful, and yes BofA can be sneaky but ultimately its your fault

View more comments (1)
Kirkland, Washington

Overdraft protection

This so-called overdraft protection of the Bank of America has been robbing the common people openly, and the law is letting them. I got a negative balance of $ 2.54 due to thier keep the change savings. When I was notified on my email, I immediately transfer the negative balance from my savings within 24 hrs. And yet they still charge of $ 35.00 overdraft protection fee. What are they really protecting? Is there anybody who can help? Please, anyone? This has been goin for quite sometime, we have a lot of lawmakers, can't they do anything about these?
Los Angeles, California

Bank of America on Credit Fraud

I had one of their credit cards and started receiving a fraudelent charge from PMIDENTITY.COM. I asked BOA to stop making payments to them as I never authorized it. BOA sent me to their dispute department where I spoke to two different associates and spent the next two hours disputing with BOA about why this charge was fraudelent. In the end, BOA refused to do anything. I had no choice but to get rid of my card. Through my whole experience with this, even as I voiced my complaint while cancelling my card, there was not a hint of sympathy from anyone in this compnay. It is plainly obvious which side of the merchant/customer divide BOA stands on.
Denver, Colorado
Bank Of America Credit Card

BOA made many mistakes then said "whoops" never gave $ back!

Used BOA for years never a problem. Credit score 820 @ 24 yrs old. We scheduled a $100 payment to a credit card. They sent it through our US bank account as $10,000. US Bank called me to ask if that was right. I said "NO!" US bank declined to trasaction (thank u US!) I called BOA and they said it was a "computer glitch" and they would fix the returned fee if I called back once it all cleared there system. So I waited for that...and OMG they tried sending the $10,000 payment AGAIN! So I called BOA again and said "Look I already called...I was already told it was a computer glitch...I was told to call back to get my fee returned and now I am going to be charged from US bank TWO times...then BOA 2 times...I want all my money put back...and anyways..why did u try it again?" They told me they were confussed by the whole thing and had to talk to a manager. I was on hold 4 diffrent times and then transfered MANY times. I ended up talking to someone who was the "head cheese" they said "I am sorry this has all been due to training error" she boiled it all down to "training error" BUT refussed to give me my $22x2 (us bank) and $25x2 (BOA) By this time I (AND My husband) have been on the phone for 2 hrs (plus) and I said "so...u are saying its your error but pretty much screw the little guy" she replys..."take it how ever you want it your not getting your money back" AHHHHH I wanted to rip her head off. We cancled the 2 cards and are NEVER going back to BOA. Funny thing after talking to Cindy at my local US bank she refunded me the $44 and shook her head and warned me of BOA. It happens ALLOT with them and they always send it to the "B" upstairs to tell u off. Nice...really nice! I can tell u I have many mone years of dealing with banks and I will not give BOA one more second of my time or one penny of my money!

Yea... sounds like they really messed up.

This is an issue that happens alot at BOA and...well... all banks as humans work there. I've had to deal with errors like this alot. BUT seeing as this was DEFINATELY their error...

they should have refunded all fees!

Sometimes they ask to see an invoice or statement from the other bank to be sure that you arent earning money off their error... but for sure they should have reversed their fees no question.

Portland, Oregon

Bank of America: thieves

Recently, I made purchases on my BOA account. On Saturday, after the "end" of the business day, I found I was in the red by $22.00. Because I had cash, I deposited in my account and had a postive balance. Then I was given another check of $373 and put that in the account. Until today, all the charges were pending. So almost $500 in my account, and then I find that most of the oldest transactions are either pending, or they've been given an earlier date to justify the $35 fee taken out of my account. I'm not a rich man, but at the same time, if I owe money, I pay it. But every time I turn around, the system is backdated or the charges posted out of order to make sure I have to pay. When I asked about this, I was told to make sure I pay attention to how much I spend. When I said that I'm poor so every penny is always looked at, they got upset. I'm paying more in bogus bank fees and charges than what I have because even when I put money in, they still keep charges pending until more money comes in the account. More than once, I've seen a transaction post 3 days earlier, or a deposit post for the next day, even if it's been on time. What should I do?

AGREED AGREED AGREED. This bank proceeded to tell me that the "pending" transactions had a specific code that were intended for the previous day so they could still charge me fees.

That's complete BS! Like I'm supposed to know what their codes mean.

I don't work there! :( I'm currently looking into a new bank, because I went there the other day for another problem, and the lady who worked at the branch had a complete attitude problem with me as if I was inconveniencing her, when it is HER JOB to help me.

You are going to run into this at any bank. I work for a totally different bank and our system is very similar.

You need to familiarize yourself with how transactions are processed. They give you a bank services agreement at opening for a reason. Quick rundown... after funds on hold are deducted from your available balance, transactions initiated previous day are always processed 1st (those pesky pending transactions that finally post) then current day transactions.

Debits are processed largest transaction to smallest. Banks say that this is because larger payments tend to be more important (think mortgage, electric, car payment etc) but YES... it is also because they DO want to charge you fees. How do you think they are going to make money off your nearly empty account?

How do you think they stay in biz? Banks are FOR PROFIT. There are ways to aviod fees though! If you are unable to keep large balances ...

keep an accurate register and figure out how transactions are processed.....

get a savings account or a small line of credit linked to your account as overdraft protection... EDUCATE YOURSELF

#19147

Drop them

almost the same thing happened to me, they re-arranged my purchases and dates with the most expensive first, so instead of only over drafting once, the put the expensive stuff first to take the money out, then all of the 1 or two dollar things afterwards, even though that they were days before the big transaction, and already accounted for on my account.

cheaters

View more comments (3)
Arlington, Virginia
Bank Of America Account

Bank of un-America

I opened a checking & savings account 2 weeks ago. Deposited over $5,000 to open the account of my money. I received 2 transfers of funds from a company I do work for that also happens to have BofA. Those went through just fine. On the 3rd transfer, they suspected it was fraudulent and put a -$888,888.88 negative balance on my account and all my checks started bouncing like a blond's *** on baywatch. (lol). So I call them and they tell me they suspected a fraudulent transfer?!? from a guy who logged into his account and entered specific pass phrases to get into his account and transferred the money. Meanwhile, he's done this 2 times before with HIGHER amounts with no problem. So now, Bank of unAmerica has stolen all my money and held it hostage until this other guy calls them and clears this up. I thought we have rights in the country. The right to bend over.

Do you really think a bank wants to cover a near million dollar loss? Banks are trying to cover they're ***, they don't care if you need the money right away, they need to make sure that it's the right person doing the right transactions.

You open an account for 3o days and you think it's gonna be okay to do large transactions like that and not look suspicous.

You may know you're innocent but if I were a bank and I see that amount of money moving around, you better believe I would do anything to cover my butt. God forbid if it were fradulent transactions, and you had just had that money taken from you, dont' you think you would wonder why the bank did nothing to try and stop it?

Greensboro, North Carolina