Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I put in a wire transfer from my PayPal online account to my Bank of America checking account. PayPal's policy is to give 3-4 business days to insure that the money has transferred to the bank account. The transfer was initiated on March 2, 2008. On March 4, 2008...

It is a money making scheme and you are all taking it. The masses are a bunch of whinney *** and deserve everything they get because they wont do anything about it except complain. The banks own all of you, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can get a 3rd job to pay for your overdraft fees.

View more comments
Review

Bank Of America in Kuwait, Al Kuwayt - A certain Grace Campoare saying she can tranfer fund worth of 10.5millionUSD own by late Ron Morris

I am Mrs Grace Compaore the bank manager of BANK OF AFRICA (BOA) BURKINA FASOWEST AFRICA BRANCH. I am contacting you based on Trust and confidentiality that you will keep this as top secret and don't be scared or surprised, i am the manager of BANK OF AFRICA and i have an opportunity to transfer sum of US$10.5MILLION (TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATE DOLLARS) I have the courage to look for a reliable and Honest Person who will be capable for this important business Transaction, believing that you will never let me down either now or in Future The owner of this account is MR RON MORRIS, foreigner and he is the Manager Of petrol chemical service, a chemical engineer by Proffession.He died with his entire family were among the victims of December 25, 2003 Air-Crash Incident in Benin , The bank has made series of efforts to contact any of the relatives to claim this money but without success, you can confirm through this website http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.c and my Investigation proved to me as well that his company does not know anything About this account. I want to transfer this money into a safe foreign account abroad but I Don't know any foreigner,I know that this message will come to you as a surprise as we don't know ourselves before,but be sure that it is real And A Genuine business. hope that you will never let me down in this transaction, at the conclusion of this business,you will be giving 40% of the total amount, 50% for me and 10% for expenses.look forward to your earliest reply by email for more detailsThanks.Best regards,Mrs Grace Compaore

Bank of America's overdraft goldmine

I've devoted hours and hours to studying Bank of America's "accounting" and this is what I've discovered: During the course of the week they will "recredit" monies to your account that had already been deducted leading you to believe you have more money than you really do. Then they will put those old transactions back through along will all the new charges resulting in multiple overdrafts if you have a low balance and aren't wary of your "true" balance and are using "their" balance. They will even undo transactions that have already posted and "reshuffle the deck" so to speak to get even more overdrafts. Call B ofA (1-800-622-8731) every morning for a week and listen to your balance and see if you don't "mysteriously" have more money in there for some reason even though you've made no new deposits. I pay cash for everything now because I can't afford $38.90 lattes.

Thanks For This Post, was added to my bookmarks.

I find myself coming to your blog more and more often to the point where my visits are almost daily now!

Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.

All I can say is I may ruin my credit, But I'm going to get some of my money back these thieving sobs' at boa have charged me in FAKE od charges due to their creative accounting...when you are down to $2 or so go fill your gas tank up on credit and maybe your buddies too leaving boa on the hook for the bill....

I dont know how or why this banks always screws me over. Alot of ppl are right when they say that they scramble a lot of the transaction around thinking you have money and then "poof" its gone and ur stuck with overdraft fees up the ying yang.

I just got 4 fees and this really *** me off because I just basically used up one of my hard days of working paying them instead of me. I notice that when you deposite money in your account it takes awhile to post, but when stuff gets deducted they are on it like vultures on road kill.

God I hate this bank so much, i wish I had printed out a statement showing what my account looked like before they deducted and charged me overdrafts. I have no clue on how their system operates in terms of deduction and adding.

Sheats always gets scrambled. Dont bank with them........

they are stealing from customers by rearranging pending transactions and charging you more overdraft fees

#151974

just got charged 105 for spending 20.38 of my money

Well, I have been the person sobbing on the phone with a BofA customer service rep, because of 5 overdraft fees. It is hard to accept the fact that you are on the hook for $175 in fees that you did not budget for.

I just decided to always try to keep a cushion of $100 in the bank at all times (not always possible) Because as they say "It is your responsibility to balance your account accurately". A problem I have with them is: I use the Billpay service for almost all of my bills. I have for years planned the "deliver by" date to be on my payday so that I could cover bigger payments. They used to deduct these payments at midnight of that day (Friday night/Saturday morning), but recently they started deducting the payments in the morning.

This really screwed me up, not able to put gas in my car, or buy groceries because my account was negative until my check cleared at midnight. Why can't their time lines be consistent?

Just got off the phone with BofA regarding overdraft fees. I don't understand how they can continue to get away with typical scamming practices.

For example, re-crediting money to your account in hopes that you don't balance your checkbook accurately. The worst experience just happened to me yesterday. I deposited CASH in to the ATM at 8:15 p.m. on 6-1-10 and the receipt showed the full amount available for withdrawal.

I then drove home and transferred $200 of the money to my wife's BANK OF AMERICA account online. The next morning I had three overdraft fees for some fast food purchases and the cash deposit still showed "pending" while the $200 transfer showed it had posted completely. I spent over an hour on the phone with a "supervisor" and couldn't get anywhere. They made me feel like I was talking to a robot and could not comprehend anything.

She kept repeating "$100 was made available to you immediately" and I kept saying "how was I able to transfer $200 then" and "the money was transferred to another BofA account".

BofA use to operate in a more honest manner years ago, but have since become the *** of the banking world. I'm going to move all of my money and loans to Chase.

that post from disclosing info was me my bad

so i signed up for this acount and give myself the name lowrolla and you guess find out my real name how is that i do not feel safe what if boa kills me and i know for a fact that the getaclue guy probably works for boa so *** you why defend a scandelos bank there name BOA as in BOA constricter Banking on america and so many others and i know what is my problem is and it is the day i decided to have BOA as my bank and another name b ank of *** *** getaclue you are a perfect example of the people that BOA consist of

How strange that I would discover this old post almost exactly 2 years later to the day. Anyway, I've been free of Banking off America's slimy practices for 2 years now and have been very satisfied with my local credit union.

Thank you Dale H. for the nice acknowlegement. I hope I made a dent in B of A's revenue stream with this thread. They've already repaid the government TARP money with 1000's and 1000's of overdraft fees so they can go back to getting their lavish bonuses.

I think the comment from GETACLUE22 is just shillt from a shill. Overdraft fees are becoming a bigger and bigger piece of the revenue pie for banks; replacing interest income. I've gotten rid of all my credit card debt also by converting them into personal loans. 2007 was the best year ever for banks.

They made 19 billion off credit cards. In 2008 their profit dropped drastically to 6.5 billion due to a lot of defaulting customers. They are scrambling to come up with new tricks to maintain their greedy profit targets. Switch over to a credit union if you live on the edge like me and can't afford to keep a cushion in your checking account.

This is essentially a war people! I work too hard in construction to let these parasites suck on my paycheck.

i wish i have 10 pages to post my hated for this #$@%&%$ bank of bad called america it should have another name like demond bank or something i hope one day goes out of buss for good stop using it you will be hapy

My issue was that the over draft fee was not levied until the following Monday, from a purchase on a Friday. So I floated the appropriate amount to my account to bring to the positive until my payroll check when into the account, but did not put enough to cover the overdraft fee because I did not see it one day after the transaction, and thus assumed it did not get charged, but apparently it is one BUSINESS day. So I thought I resolved the issue by putting my account into the positive column. But the overdraft fee put in on Monday put me in the negative, that then resulted in two more overdraft fees being charged.

When I called about the first overdraft fee they reversed it but said nothing about the two others that would go into affect that night. And now they will not reverse the two others. I did what I should have done and realize it was my mistake in the first place, but come on, they have to see that I rectified it as soon as I saw it!

This company is not without its faults, thus its need to live on taxpayer money, so why can't they admit that humans make mistakes and if it happens infrequently they should be able to reverse charges, especially when the customer tried to remedy it!

as with any checking account no matter who you bank with it is your responsibility as account holder to keep track of your transactions and not be lazy and expect that everything that the bank is telling you online is correct since its not always the case banks give you info for what wass charged as long as the merchant is actually presenting full info. some merchants can take 3 dayss or even longer to charge account.

Oh and always read the disclosures at time of opening an account with a bank it gives you info as to how they process and their fees. Once again don't be lazy when it comes to your money and keeep track of your spending you will see a big difference and this goes for any bank that you might open an account with.The info as to fees and processing is not hidden from you, it is given to you in writing, it is up to you to take the time and review it.

DONT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH BANK OF AMERIKA, THEY ARE RIP OFFS :(

Bank Of America Worse Bnk

DO NOT EVERY OPEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT WIH BANK OF AMERICA!!! This bank is not custonmer friendly they re arrange transactions so that they can bill you more overdraft fees and it doesnt even matter how much the transaction was for even if its for $3 they will charge you $35 for overdraft this bank is ridiculous.

Dont even try calling the customer service for checking accounts is horrible they dont show any empathy and they just simply dont offer help they dont let the customers talk and when I tried figuring out why my account was being billed so many fees they would simply say you are responsible for balancing your own account.

They show different info on online banking than what the reps have in thier system so when you call they always say the same thing your responsible for checking your balance and making sure you dont overdraw but the only way to do that is by calling or checking online but when you check online they dont honor the info that is presented there. All of thier business practices are just to take more money from the customers they are estimated to mak about 38billion in overdraft fees this year this is a huge sign they are not doing things right they are doing it to make money they rearrange transactions only when you are about to overdraw how convenient.

I have had it with B of A. The last straw for me was when they started charging overdraft fees on items that are PENDING, not posted.

It used to be that if items were pending, I could make a deposit to cover the charges I made, before the charges posted, and avoid all the overdraft fees. Well, they supposedly been doing this since 2007 and even mailed out notices, but I never got one and I'm sure I made a deposit to cover those charges since 2007 and it worked. To me they are just trying to take more of our money any way they can. It is riduculous to me to be charged for items that are PENDING.

As soon as I pay them off, I will be cancelling my account.

This makes me not want to trust any bank. I rather use cash for the rest of my life.

Hammered

This past July over the holiday weekend, I managed to double-pay my rent because my lease was in the renewal process and I couldn't confirm that the autopayment had occurred. I initiated a manual online payment.

When I discovered the error (one payment went through 7/6 and the other 7/7), I called the bank to alert them, let them know the property management company needed a week to return the funds, and ask if they could work with me during that time to limit the damage to my account. The rep's attitude was quite haughty, and I was advised that my only recourse was to get the funds replaced ASAP. One week and 31 $35 NSF fees later, with my overdraft credit and an entire next paycheck up in smoke, they reluctantly reversed the token 3 NSF fees. The load of NSF fees caused more NSF fees, plus charges for being overdrawn for more than 5 consecutive days.

When it happens sporadically it's one thing, but they nailed me to the wall with this one, it cost me over $1000. I lost my job two weeks later, and I'm a single mom, so that $$ was sorely missed. The reason the U.S. economy is in the pooper is greed such as this by the banks, mortgage, and insurance companies.

They sell you their 'services' and bend you over at every possible opportunity. :(

It just seems worthless to keep using BOA because of all the BS overdrafting drama they put you through. It seems like every other month, they are doing exactly that, but charging a larger fee first rather than by the date/time is was ACTUALLY purchased, then overdrafting every single small purchase from there on out..

I need a new bank!!!!

They did exactly the same to me! guess what?

they used the CLEARED transactions to make me get more overdraft fees! they shuffled them back! like wtf. Then i went to BoA branch to talk to one of them, guess what?

"sorry we can't do anything about it-- blahhblahh-- you shouldve kept a checkbook where you could monitor your purchases." fckin BS! now i fckin got 3 overdraft fees.

Im changing bank!!any suggestions? screw BOA.

BOA are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, CROOKS!!!!. They have pulled several different schemes on me to FORCE overdrafts.

No question about it. The last one is EXACTLY as Steve describes. Bought a $10,000 car on 3-19-09. Put $2000 down on BOA debit card on 3-19-09.

Checked online ledger on 3-20-09 and there it was, a $2000 PENDING payment. Gave dealer a $8000 Cashiers check on 3-20-09. Car was delivered on 3-30-09. Checked my online balance on 4-05-09 and discovered 3 overdrafts.

Guess what payment was posted on 4-04-09? There it was a 2nd time, the same EXACT $2000 payment to the dealer. That means that I got a car delivered to me on 3-30-09 that I STILL owed $2000 for. Who goes back and checks that payments deducted from their checking account are STILL deducted days and weeks later?

They know we don't and take advantage of it to make us believe we have more money in our accounts than we do, so they can FORCE overdrafts.

Steve you are right on the money!!! Can;t wait until they are sued or go bankrupt!!!

GetAClue22? I truly do understand where you are coming from. And it is our individual responsibility to track our purchases and not rely on Online Banking that BofA SWEARS is more accurate than God.

But..

There's always a but... Most banks don't "reshuffle" the deck as someone so aptly put it.

Example:

You makes several small purchases over the course of the day, and then, right before you head to the bank, you make a larger, more substantial purchase. Now, all of the smaller purchases were covered by the balance in your account, but the larger purchase overdrafts by about $20.00.

You then go to the bank and deposit, let's say $25.00, you're covered, right?

Not at BofA. They will take out the large purchase FIRST, so then most of those small, individual purchases bounce instead, resulting in more overdraft fees. And that deposit? Oh, that they hold for 2-3 business days.

How is this ethical? I'm confused on that one, and it's also they same boat I'm in now. They excel at dirty pool.

They already have one class action lawsuit on their hands over this as there is, and after speaking to CEO Ken Wilson's personal assistant today, I wouldn't mind suing the *** out of them myself. Not for personal gain, I'd zero out the account, by a six pack to celebrate and give the rest away.

I learned this lesson the hard way myself. I do my own accounting and don't rely on the bank to tell me what I have, unless I am checking on a deposit.

I was able to link my savings to checking as overdraft protection. If you have a checking account from one state and savings from another, they won't let you link them. I did, at least, get the money back when that caused an incident. Only because the manager remembered setting up my account.

They will still charge $5 for every transfer from savings to cover overdrafts. It has happened twice, and both times they lumped the overdrafts together and only charged me for the transfer one time. Once I got overdraft protection, they stopped "stacking" the transactions to make more charges off of the smaller transactions. After solving this issue with overdraft protection from my savings account, I have had no further problems with BOA.

I have two checking, one savings, one loan, and two credit card accounts through BOA.

I have been fortunate enough to always make my payments ontime. Be warned, if you don't make payments ontime, they will stick it to you faster than a little boy with a spitball.

I am in the same situation. I have screenshots and receipts proving what they are doing.

Anyone interested in joining a lawsuit??? I'm SERIOUS

hey mr banker if its the customers fault then why wont boa link saving to checking like credit union.i'll tell you why, because it is a gold mine they are to greety to stop at $6 banker fees and $8000 mortgage fees they want more. other banks just dont do that because its wrong. ill tell you boa is bigger than you think from that overdraft fee, so get off your high horse and realize thats how your industry really makes is money

I made a purchase of $ 140 , $19, $6.09 ,$ 1.90 , $ 13.00 , $10 ,7.76 on same day my balance was like 160 what boa did you know they posted $140 first and they charged me $35 OD fee and again they posted all small charges and end up with 5*35.Sick BOA Sick policy makers.I curse BOA very soon Its going to be Bankrupted.

First off janer, it seems like you keep a pretty good record of your account, or at least monitor it frequently (THANK YOU!!!). Without seeing what your seeing I still find it hard to believe that money is just "disapperaing" and then "reappearing" in an effort to fool you.

At least your aware of your actual balance. A far as the order process of transaction, would you rather have your cup of coffee paid for instead of your mortgage or rent? Probabaly not, which is why the larger amounts are posted first. This is common in most banks and is actually set up to benefit the customer.

Usually high dollar amounts leaving accounts are for important bills/services. Also ,OD fees are usually looked at by customer rather than account so that may or may not work.

Finally, your Keep the Change idea is good, but any match paid by any bank is going to be reported on your 1099 as "unearned income". If you try to "cheat" the system your going to be the one that ends up paying in the end on your taxes.

janer

The 1500 that vanished on my account, were pending payments made through my credit card companies website. They had already posted to those accounts.

Also a USPS potal money order purchase (and this was on the weekend). Maybe this was a BOA glitch.

janer

I've seen $1500 in pending debits "vanish" from my online BOA account info and then reappear the following day. Quite odd. It made the available balance much higher than it was.

I also have deposited checks before the cut off on Friday, only to have some clear Saturday, some Monday and some Tuesday. Seems when i have a lot of pending debits, it clears Tuesday. Currently my Available balance is -200.00 due to Friday's deposit still being pending (supposed to clear tonight with no fees). We shall see.

Here is my strategy with BOA. Every three months I open a new account (free online), get the keep the change for it. Earn as much as I can for 3 months usuing keep the change, then I open a new account and do the same. Getting max benefits here. Also they give you one courtesy fee refund. If I happen to overdraft on the account, I just stop using it, and get a new one, so I can get any other fees refunded.

I do this because I have BEEN SCREWED by BOA, having to pay $105.00 for a few small items that caused overdraft (they posted the small items last, causing 3 fees as opposed to one),

Anyway, now I am working the system to my advantage and will continue to do so, until BOA catches on.

Once the rewards from Keep the Change are paid (12 months), I'll just close the account and keep on with a new one every three months.

First off I worked for a bank (not BOA) but I'm so sick and tired of hearing customers complain about their account being overdrawn because they didn't keep track of them. You stated you called everyday for a week and had "extra" money in your account wi/o making a deposit.

You were probably using the VIsa part of your debit card. Unlke your using your pin where the money is taken right away, the Visa part of the card works differently. It's considerd PAY ON DEMAND which means no matter what you have in the account the banks are legally obligated to pay the purchase. For people (like you Steve) who don't keep a register it's easy for you to lose track of your balance using your debit card this way.

The bank will hold the purchase against the account for 3 business days. If the store that you purchased from hasn't aked the bank to pay them (your using Visa remenber) by the 3rd day then the money will "mysteriously appear" back in your account until the bank is asked to pay up. If your phsyically keeping track (yes that means writing it down) of your balance then no matter which way things are processed you wouldn't have this problem because your "mysterious money" wouldn't throw you off Your just another example of societies "NOT MY" syndrome.

It's NOT MY FAULT, NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY, NOT MY PROBLEM!!! Please grow up and educate yourself as to how things work and if you don't know ASK!!!

Nor can I afford a $38.90 Latte` either. That's why I'm finding a new bank.

It's so true about the shuffeling charges around to create more overdrafts, I've had things clear then two days later be pending with overdrafts added.

WTF!! I HATE BOFA :(

View more comments (32)
Loss

Bank of America....is the worst!

Bank of America is the worst financial institution that I have ever had. Their customer service representatives are the worst and will tell you false statements at any given time. I called to inquiry about a check that I deposited and was informed that it would be available at 5:01pm that day. Which didn't happen and caused my account to be overdrawn. What really bothered me was the rep didn't not my account and told me false information. I am so displeased with them and I am recommending to all my friends and family that patronize Bank of America to find a financial institution.
Review

Bank Of America in Bangkok, Krung Thep - Online banking customer service from overseas

When I wrote from Thailand that I needed a "duplicate" ATM card, they put a hold on my card so there was no way to get cash. After writing them they kept giving me 800 numbers to call through an ATT operator who asked for an ATT credit card which I don't have...I was then told by ATT that 800 calls cannot be made from Thailand!!I then tried the toll number and was not able to "hold" for 20 minutes from here....I had my daughter in Oregon call and she was disconnected 3 times..Now, no card and no money...........

I can work as call center agent

it is really horrible that that happened to you. Did you notify the bank that you were traveling to Thailand before leaving?

You need to do this so that they do not think that someone is trying to fraudulently trying to get at your money. There is a lot of overseas fraud going on right now.

View more comments (1)

Bank Of America in Newburgh, New York - Charged 34.9% interest w/ out me aware

Bank of America nightmare...I transferred funds ($5500) to a Bank of America promotional rate of 0% for 12 months. I was late by one day on two consecutive bills. When I received my next bill, I noticed in small print that my apr % was 34.9%! When I called to inquire, I was told I should have read the "fine print" on the offer regarding late payments. Okay, I agree, but what I don't understand is how such a reputable bank would charge a rate well above what "Loansharking" is defined as. In addition, not make it obvious they had done so. And, furthermore, I was given zero courteous or flexibility. So, me, who has an excellent credit score, dealing with a supposedly good banking company, witnessed a complete "Lose-Lose" scenario: I will never bank with Bank of America again, nor recommend them! Shame on them...such thieves.

You were late on TWO payments. And you thought they would be overlooking this?

Wrong.

You are an ***. They should have hiked the rate to 69.8% just because you're an ***.

It is obviuos that your credit score is quite low and your credit history is not good enough...those rates are only reserved to high risk customers like yourself.

View more comments (1)

Bank of America hosed me

This seems to be how BoA makes their money. I have a secured Visa card with an annual charge (although the paperwork that I had originally signed had led me to believe that there would be no annual charge). No big deal right? Well, last year in March I received my first charge of $29. It wasn't until a few months ago, in October, that I finally got rid of it. I initially paid off the original charge of $29 over the phone. That accrued a $15 pay-over-the-phone charge. No problem, I opted to pay that over the phone at the same time. Several months later, I logged onto my BoA website and found that not only had the $15 charge not been paid, it had doubled to over $30 in late fees. I never used the card so never thought to log on, and they hadn't been mailing my statements to notify me of a balance like they should have been. I called them and paid it again, once again asking to pay the $15 charge right there. This time, they took the extra $15. Unfortunately, they did NOT take money for the $1.50 finance charge. Again, no statements, and I eventually had to open up online bill pay with my other bank (who I actually trust) to pay the finance charge. Almost a year and over 75 dollars to pay an original $29 annual charge on a card that I thought didn't even have an annual charge. Just this month, I logged on in a fit of randomness, and found, in the start of a wonderful new cycle, another annual charge of $29, again with no paper statement mailed to me. I can only wonder the devious ways they plan to hose me this time around. I plan to dump this card ASAP, and will never look back.

imreloadin----

I want to share an observation with you and the readers of these articles about First Premier Bank.

I notice how you like to chap up working for First Premier Bank.....Ohh it's a great life with all of these beneath you consumers which is pretty much my take on your position regarding your company.

However I noticed how you are selective in your responses. You do not seem to be commenting on complaints about RUDE customer service reps. Only things regarding your expertise, such as your Cardmember Agreement. Which I'm sure you have a copy of near by since it is kind of like your employment bible.

What I think you should realize is; really all you are doing is parading yourself around like you are some know-it-all with your rule book. What you should consider is that YOU are that RUDE or TERRIBLE customer service rep. So stop the parade and aknowledge that yes you are that RUDE customer service rep. (CRITICIZE)!

Bank of America Ripoff

B of A gladly handled a balance transfer for me and I was very happy to have the 0% financing for a year. I recieved my first bill and there was a late payment fee and a huge intrest rate. They claimed I missed my first bill. There was NEVER any statement sent to me. My mailbox has a lock on it and my bills are not lost or late. I immediately transfered my balance once again to Chase and never had any problems. DO NOT TRY DOING BUSINESS WITH BANK OF AMERICA. They will not remove increased charges for mistakes or errors that they themselves make.

Again, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. :zzz

Bank of America is THE Worst

Bank of America Froze My College Tuition! These people are terrible, particulary a supervisor named Maria Velasquez who won’t return phone calls, forcing consumers to use automated voice response systems that shield real people from resolving their problems. I am trying to pay college tuition and they froze my account due to a “technical problem” with their on-line web site. 15 days later and countless hours of calls to branches, their corporate headquarters and useless customer service representatives; my tuition is still tied up. No one will help or return phone calls. There are some really bad people employed at BofA. Considering all the good choices consumers have, Bank of America doesn’t deserve our business. We need to send them a message by taking our business to better, customer friendly institutions.

Write to your Senators and demand they do something. That's what they are there for.

Tell them you want the banks regulated and changes in the banking laws.

And then write to Pres. Obama.

Loss

Bank of America rips off a customer of 30 years!

After having at least 1 account since 1979, (and several times a business and/or savings account), in January of 2006 I called the BofA branch in Woodburn Oregon to discuss closing my accounts as my employment status put me over an hour away from the closest branch. I was told to be sure all charges were thru, then call back and they would close the account for me. April of 2006, I called again, stating they were taking $6.50 every month to send me a statement and that I wanted to close the account immediately. The manager was brought into the conversation and I was told the account would be closed the end of that month and I would receive a check for any remaining balance. I actually forgot about the balance, I was already banking with another institution, and never gave this another thought, until now. Looking into my credit score I discovered I have been turned over to a collection agency for $220 of overdraft fees!!! Can you believe that? I called the 800 number, was passed around several times then "accidentally" dropped. Now I am furious! I will not pay these ridiculous fees, and I will take this to the highest courts possible and sue for those court costs as well. I want BofA to contact all three credit reporting agencies and inform them of their mistake. I want this taken of of my credit report right now! I also want BofA to contact this collection agency and have them to drop their pursuit of these fraudulent charges. I also want BofA to stop this ludicrous practice, ripping people off. I want all of this in writing, and I want it now! If BofA will straighten this mess out immediately, I won't have to pursue legal action, but it is my credit you are screwing with, and I cannot afford to just let it go. After nearly 30 years of banking, paying those ridiculous charges, giving them my money, you do this! Shame on you!

This is unfortunate but im pretty sure if you try and take this to court, no way you will win. I've had to deal with situations like this at my bank as well.

It will be a waste of your money. The bank isnt responcible for keeping track of your transactions, you are. It is obvious that items were still being presented to your account after it had been "closed". Were they electronic payments?

Checks you had written? Were you having issues with fraud? Whenever you close an account out you need to keep track of it for at least a few months after to be sure that there arent any issues. Sometimes payments will come in right as an account is supposed to close, giving a negative balance and holding the account open.

Banks tend to send a couple statements after accounts are closed for that reason.

I would reccomend talking to a regional manager and trying to explain the problem in a calm sensible manner. Hopefully they will be able to help you.