bank account money customer customer service service credit credit card card boa

Bank of America: Use caution when opening accounts

Applying for an account with Bank of America will probably get you an account, but not the one you applied for. I applied for a line of credit with the advertised rate of 8.99% interest rate, my credit score is in the high 700's. I was denied credit. I received a 10,000 credit line with a 21.99% interest rate 4 weeks later that I didn't apply for. When I phoned they closed the account but refused to remove the tradeline from my credit report. Thus it shows me opening and closing an account. For those of you who aren't familiar with reading credit profiles, this looks unfavorably when applying for credit. Apparently 8.99% is false advertising, or only one available at this cost (like a car dealership). Also, opening an account without your permission/authorization may be considered fraud. If you experience this or another issue with Bank of America which you believe is unfair business practices file a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston TX 77010-9050 fax: 713-336-4301. http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm will take you to the online complaint form.

OCC office of controller stamped our letter and would give a name of who handled the case..id say let them go under,we as a county our the biggest suckers for promoting *** service faulty business pratices.rewards ..letem die for what they have done..to consumers never agin with us or our family in whitehall /emmaus lehigh st/catasaqua rd brach too..nevr again..

Bank of America

My wife called BOA to lower her interest rate which is 24.25%. We have good credit and since I pay the bills have not had a late or missed paymet in well over three years. The sale rep stated they do not lower interest rates. They offered her a 'refinance' where they transfer an amount into our checking account and then it is paid off in one year at 0% interest. Oh and this offer was only good for the next one hour. After consulting our financial advisor (because this made no sense to me), we find that BOA makes their money this way. A) They loan you say $5000 to pay off your card,then you actually owe then $10,000 granted at 0% (FOR ONE YEAR) B) Any further charges on that card are not covered by this loan and charged THE HIGHEST INTEREST RATE ALLOWED BY LAW. C) If you don't pay it all off in a year the balance goes to the maximum rate I just cancelled my BOA card and we are refinancing through a local loan shark. His rates are MUCH BETTER THAN BOA

Jeannie Won | Bank Of America review from Aliso Viejo, California

jeannie won, manager of laguna beach band o america is the most arrogant, rude, power-hungry employee that i have ever met at bank of america! i have banked there since 1986! time to change home banks! the laguna beach branch is a big training center with revolving door employees. all managers in the past have given service that exceeds expectation. the bank that the check that i was trying to deposit guaranteed the check was good and the money was there to make the check, she wouldn't even call to confirm, wouldn't come out of her office until i wouldn't leave without talking to her. worst treatment in 20 years!

Why did this website **** out the word B-U-C-K as in Pass the buck? See previous comment of mine....

I was recently let go from my position as a CSR at a BOA credit card call center. Yes, my monitored statistics kept me from remaining in good employ with BOA, although I had received accolades when I was employed with Fleet, before the merger.

They wanted us to limit our phone talk time to an AHT(average handling time) of 214 seconds per call. I was used to servicing the customer to the best of my capability with Fleet, and tried to maintain the same level of service with BOA after the merger, but my AHT was 300 seconds per incoming phone call. I was told by a coach that there was such a thing as being "too helpful to the customers." My other stats were perfectly acceptable. But I was treated as a "digruntled employee" although my disposition reflected someone who tried their best.

(I was frustrated with my inability to lower my AHT.) I was very loyal, called my manager if I rarely was to be late due to traffic or weather, and did not abuse the system. To manage their AHT at an acceptable level (the 214 secs) I found that many customers were just being blindly transferred by CSR's so the CSRs wouldn't suffer high avg. handling times. I felt uncomfortable giving customers "short shrift" and suffered for it.

CSR's were encouraged to keep the phone calls as short as possible. The pressure at that center was extremely high for the pay, the morale low, the turnover high, and the rate of retaining their best employees was extremely low. They fired 11 managers in one day. Later on a higher-up had visited the site, and found the morale to be low.

I had to chuckle to myself. The higher ups were very out of touch with the CSR's. There was never any acknowledgement of the difficulty of this job.

The only way these team managers/CSR's keep their jobs is by passing the buck.( No pun intended)

So, unless you have a great deal of high volume accounts with Bank of America ( you heard it from a former employee), I'd say bank at a credit union or at a smaller financial concern. This bank really doesn't value its majority of customers, although they'll beg (pun intended) to differ.

@Former BOA CSR

I have experenced this. BoA paid the wrong insurance company $1200 and would not correct the error and inposed its insurance when mine was cancled.

View more comments (2)
Bank Of America Manager

Bank of America Complaint

I just started having a problem with BOA, posting my payments to another account and trying to sort it out with the Bank Manager. It was funny to see her trying to get thru the chain of different offices and people and the number of times whe was disconnected or put on hold was crazy. After that meeting, I just happened to start searching the web to see if others had the same problem. I am startled to see that BOA is in trouble with its customers. Complaints all over the net on this company. What the heck happened to this bank.? I readying that even if you go a legal complaint process your chance of success is nil. You know, I am going to cut my losses and my desperation and change banks asap. How can so many people be wrong or insane and secondly, who has the time to sit and write-up a complaint on the net unless your frustrated with the system. Today, no one has time for anything, but work. One or two complaints is understandable, but when you start digging there are so many complaints on Bank of America. I beleive, once knowledgeable about a fact, you must take charge direction. Just an ego comment to make me feel good at this moment for being so ***. No wonder the stock in BOA is sinking.

I just had a horrific experience with jason joo at b/a in huntington beach on Algonquin.when I ask who his supervisor was he said he couldn\'t tell me because it was \"confidential\" and he smirked at me. He also would not help me with a transfer I had made via telephone, He was a total ***!!very patronizing.

Why is this person a Bank Manager? I have been with them since 1972....Thanks to Chad Combe at that branch eveything was straigtened out but when I found out the supervisor is Jeannie Won I just thought the *** with it. It won\'t do any good to speak to her.

I am slso leaving B of A now in 1999 I ran over $1,000,000. and quite a bit since then thru their bank...Do they care..NOThe very bottom line here is at Crank of America....NOBODY CARES!!Go to your nearest credit union

View more comments (1)
Review

BANK of AMERICA gave my payment to another customer

in july of 07 i was on vacation and didn't want my payment.so i called and was given address to send in my payment.i sent in a check and a payment slip which i made with all my info . on it.of course i forgot to put my acc # on the check but it was on the payment slip i made.and someone at B of A put another customers acc.#or who knows maybe an employee's acc.# .i called told them what they have done and they said to send photo copy of check and they would fix the problem.i have written about 8 letters and it is now dec.,07 and with all the late fees and higher intrest fees . i now owe them a whole *** of alot more and they are messing up my credit. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!

Same here, not only did they send my payments to two other people, but they charged me late fees and balance transfer rates for "attempting" to fix it (which they didn't). They even acknowledged the fact that they had messed up but told me that nothing was going to happen.

join the club.my bal. was 4thou something now its 6 thou something.because they put my payment in somebody else\'s acc.it has gone up that much from late fees and intrest.its a rip off. good luck

I will deal with them. Email me pottershouse2000@msn.com put bank of america in subject

will someone out there please e-mail these pissed consumer complaints. on bank of america .

looks like there are 5 of them. www.bankofamerica.com they donbt seem to be excepting my emails.thank you.have a good day.....from ,still pissed

View more comments (3)

Bank of America Credit Card Calls Customer a Liar

Hello, I have just spent over an hour on the phone with Bank of America for the 4th time in 3 months. All because they will not remove a penalty from my account that was THEIR fault. Now they are charging my monthly min. payment DOUBLE and refuse to change this. Contact: Teresa Rager: Senior Acct. Manager Customer Satisfaction Office: Morgantown, W. Virginia her boss: Dave Keener It all started in Sept. when my online statement reflected TWO min. payments due. I called customer service and a human being told me that it was a mistake and to disregard one of the payments, making only one payment reflected. THEN my card went haywire; late fees, penalties, etc.... I've called in and the finance charges were reimbursed but the PENALTY has stayed on the card for late payment. The customer service person never recorded the call and now its my word against Bank of America as Teresa Rager does not believe I called in and will not make the nec. changes to delete the penalty. As a result I will owe of 14.99 percent of under $10,000 a minimum payment of $325.00 PLEASE HELP .... I'm being squeezed and I have an excellent track record with B of A. I don't know what to do!

I agree with BOA horrible customer service. They do call you a liar when you try to resolve your situation!

They also don't take the time out to listen to your side of the story.

Esp. Credit card dept.

Worst service from master card. Force me into some sort of protection plan which I never signed up for.

Now, I had to spend my weekeend to explain to the rep why I don't need the plan and convince him why I need to cancel it. I never wnated it at the first place. I feel like I was ripped off for a few months. Terrible ways to conduct the business in masetr card.

Very disappointed!

There is no differences from stealing from customers. Need better management for Masetr card services.

View more comments (1)

Bank of America

Ever since Bank of America bought or merged with MBNA I have nothing but headaches with the online banking. I still, one and 1/2 or two years later, cannot access any features of my account from view statements to balance transfers. I have emailed twice and both times they said they were sorry and were working on it. For two years? My boyfriend's online bank of america account also does not work in the same fashion. We had thought maybe because they transfered stuff from mbna to B & A things got screwy, but no, my boyfriend got his account directly from B & A. Why cant they get it together? Are they not a large corporation? They cant afford IT support?
Bank Of America Online Banking

Bank Of America - bad service, unresponsive customer service.

They have 0 business understanding and all associates are the most difficult people I have ever dealt with in my life. I had charges come in when my account was negative and it charged me $35 dollar fee $700 dollar worth of times the charges that made it negative were not valid. I called to put in a dispute, but they looked at that as a fraud dispute and scheduled my account to be close. No one would assist me and they hang up the phone on me. I have tried everything and have gone negative in my business because of them. They are a cutless ruthless company they are not human but computers that don't think fairly. I have really been on the phone for 1 month and still no where.
Bank Of America Account
My complaint deals with recent activity that has put me in a bad position where I am paying interest for something beyond my control. On my Visa, while I never got the statement I was waiting to pay, when something finally got to my home, it was showing late payment...

I been screwed by bank of american, and now I got an attorney agaisnt collecting the debt, I paid the overdraft and they open a credit card account which I did not ever signed up or use a credit card. Them crooks

Bank Of America Credit Card
Bank of America falsely provides customer with account information regarding their "current balance". Upon speaking with a customer service rep. i have clarifyed issues about overdraft fees and the answers given were directing me to a mucked account after a...

You are correct the only viable solution would be to take your lender to court and sue them. Especially B of A...

If you took out a loan or it was transferred between 2002 and 2009 there is a really a good chance that your loan was

securitized....Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing

field in a court of law. Now is the time for homeowners to stand up and be heard for all the abuse, inconvienence

and fraudulent practices they have endured by their lender..Lenders are not approving loan mods.. they stand to

make alot more money if they foreclose on you. In fact 94% of the people that apply for a loan mod are denied..

In addition, loan mods do nothing to help people that are upside down in their house. If you would like to know

more about this and to find out if your loan qualifies for this opportunity then e-mail me at

dallas92270@yahoo.com. and let's talk and be sure to put "sue my lender" in the subject line so I do not mistake it for spam

and delete it.. Dallas