Bank Of America Reviews

Show reviews that mention
account bank money customer customer service service credit card credit card boa
Filter review

Bank of America

We got behind 2 months on our mortgage, I sent in the 2 payments by BANK CHECK they sent it back. It wasn't the right amount. So now they wouldn't take any payment. after a few months of sending resending & faxing a mountain of paperwork, We were almost 5 months late and the fees are mounting. So then I finaly got someone to give a payment plan to bring our account current. I sent them the 6800.00 to start our payment plan directly from my bank to my BOA account. Then I sent the 1st months payment we agreed on EARLY directly from my bank to my BOA account. Three weeks go by, I log into my bank account to find they sent all the money back. Sooo I call them and they have no record of my payment plan and now we are 7 months late plus fees. We borrowed from friends & family to bring our Mortgage current. We were so mad. We gave all the money back so BOA can have this house. We are done

I have a story I want to present because it is simply not right, that big banks can do these things to consumers. My husband had a Bank of America card, where I was only a user on the card, we had the card for over 30 years.

He died in May 2011, I am a widow. I was the only one using this card my husband never used it. On May 24th 2012 I got a letter from them addressed to the Estate Representative, I immediately called them and requested that they send me the bill,so I can review it and pay it. Plus this card was a cash rewards card, they told me because my husband is dead those rewards are gone.

This was over $100.00.I explained I needed the bill, to review the charges, and I wanted that $100.00 applied and even though I am not responsible to pay it, I want to pay it, we have always paid our bills.It is not right that even in death these big Banks think they can steal the consumers money.

Anything you could do to help me will be appreciated.I feel so strongly about this that I want to write up a flyer, and pass it out to every consumer who enters Bank of America on the old road in Stevenson Ranch. That is where I live,as I think people should be educated about this..The phone # to this department is 1-88*-*** **** the case # is 1166****.Anything you could do to help me would be ever so much appreciated.Now after all this they have reported it to a credit bureau, theses people need to be sued big time.

Almost the exact same thing with me. I was never late on the 1996 loan, returned from Iraq, went thru my mail, and discovered BofA had returned all of my auto payments in the form of a check. In additon, I had forclosure notices for that very month that I had returned. I simply paid off the loan.

For three months the mortgage payment kept coming out of my bank account, even though the loan was paid off and BofA assured me that the payments had been stopped. I finally had to pay my own bank $29 to do a stop payment. All this because no BofA rep could ever figure out where the auto payments were being initiated from.

Now I find out BofA has reported the 'supposed' late payments to the credit agencies.

I can't tell you how many times I talked with BofA reps since they assumed the loan from Country Wide, who acquired it from BofA when it was still a smaller west coast bank. They kept letting excess cash build up without applying it to the loan. Well, you think I could get the $5000 applied to the loan? Oh, well thank you.

I am now pissed off and fighting it to the end.

Um, yeah, MDK, "this" happens ALL the time with BOA. It's BEEN happening.

Doesn't matter is you send the amount on your bill, they lose it, don't post it to your principal and put it in escrow instead, send it back, never get it, don't want it, it's too early, it's too late, always something insane with these idiots.

You must be one of the brain-washed BOA employees. LOL.

And learn how to spell. ;)

View more comments (2)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

A Reply to the Bank Of Americas Post

Are you kidding about contacting your Customer Service Dept before posting on this site ? We tried already that's why we are posting. It's amazing the lack of customer service offered by your institution. It's been 2 yrs now trying to settle a dispute and I'm no closer to any resolution than day one. I been ignored and lied to . Maybe you should take a serious look at all these posts and consider that your Operations department and banking policies need some major changes. For what it's worth..one of the many conversations I have had with your bank ,one of your so called Customer Service Reps commented that BOA is in business to make money .Sorry but I refuse to pay fees and penalties for a error created by Bank Of America. Sorry to say but I associate this Bank with the description of Fraud and Extortion
Stamford, Connecticut
Bank Of America Banking Service

'Forcing Close' My Checking Account 'Abitrarily'

.... Bank of America is trying to 'force close' my checking account. I've held them at 'bay' for a month as i have severl direct deposit's there... They have given me no direct answer why. I figure it is because the direct deposits are all from other B of A accounts and I empty the account---PRONTO... B of A stretch's the 'spirit' of fed and state banking laws TO THE MAX, and has for decades--- The creeps move to North Carolina from San Francisco (where it was founded over 80 + yrs ago) in order to escape Calif. banking laws. I'm looking to form a class action suit against them not just for this 'issue' but others as well. I have the law firm--- Jones-Day, the 2nd largest in the world, on 5 contintenents AND headquartered in DC Please RSVP to if interested... Respectfully Yours, Daniel Carroll Sunset Beach, CA 90742

....PS: Help and it will be worth it...

Los Angeles, California
Bank Of America Checking Account

BOA> TRYING TO KILL MY HUSBAND?

Husband laid off from job. Takes b/p meds and is diabetic. Sined up and was approved for Keep Your Home CA program in 10/2011. Thinking this would solve the problem. Wrong! BOA refused to use the program for us, but had another "Idea" in mind for us. Ha! Modification/hardest hit fund/forgiveness programs. Yeah, right. Threatening to foreclose over "supposedly" missed documentation. Do they think I'm *** enough NOT to keep the faxed verification numbers/times/dates. Plus, I faxed the info from a BOA to THEIRS. I have written complaints to the BBB, Att. General, and many, many others. In which BOA's rebuttals started out "We are diligently" looking into the matter. When I'd call, they didnt return phone calls. I even requested a 3 way phone call thru HOPE, which had my BOA uneasy. Oh, her name is EMMA SALCIDO and her box office address is in Simi Valley, CA. (A P.O. number for BOA? Really?) We were Fed exed modification papers in Feb, without our request, but obliged and made sure EVERYTHING requested was faxed back or Fed exed in their nice lil post paid envelope. By June, we had been thru 3 different reps. Why the changing of hands. Kind of like laundering deception so no one is truly accountable? I'd say! Then when we were denied modification, the reasonung was, "You signed up before you were 2 months behind". Say what? I never asked for Fed Exed packet. And now I'm waaaay more than 2 months late, so there!
#520704

The above casw was for credit defamation of credit score"

#520703

The allentown.pa,lehigh st. bank jason yekel ,chris herse, eric decker blocked our credit HEATHER HAMPSHIRE/vp to president of BAC.

REFUSED TO REFUND THE LEAGAL FEES, THE CASE WENT THROUGH ARLIN SPETCORS OFFICE.

THE BANK LOST IN COURT TO THE DOMSKI COURT SETTLEMENT IN MID WEST/ MID ATLATIC REGION. jUST GET RID OF THE SCAM ARTISTS"The new buyer of my lost home recieved a 30 loan from BAC for the same as my blockage 80/100k.tHE He LOAN WAS IN GOOD STADING BEFORE THE BLOCK BY KEN LEWIS"

Sacramento, California

(We'll attempt to unsubscribe you from these emails.)

The Identity fraud war is very real and most Americans don't have access to a weapon to defend themselves! Just 3 easy payments of 19.95 (ACH RED FLAG) Only $4.99 a month (ACH RED FLAG) The TV and Internet payment system connected electronically to your Bank and credit cards has become the most dangerous "convenience" you will encounter. Dating sites, Orgs, Greeting icards, ***, Newspapers, Services, Banking, donations and stolen account information from company security attacks has put everyone in danger of serious financial insolvency. Anybody can post an ACH debit transaction on your account! Every credit or ATM card you own can be accessed by anyone for an unauthorized transaction. In order to protect yourself from theft you now have to contact every account you have, in writing, and authorize ACH debit and electronic blocking. (Do it now!) Wire fraud occurs when someone other than an authorized individual performs a wire transfer to an account that is not intended as the recipient. ACH Definition: "Automated Clearing House", a network of financial institutions that facilitate electronic transfers. This system makes direct deposit, some bank transfers, and some online bill payments possible. ACH fraud occurs when a client's account is accessed for unauthorized ACH payments (debits). Internet fraud takes several forms and is intended to intercept, view or redirect confidential information about the client and the client's financial information in order to compromise accounts and commit fraud. The worst forms of internet fraud create situations where the client believes they are dealing with legitimate Web sites that are in fact fraudulent. Who can you trust to protect your money and accounts? Nobody! Anybody, from the Government on down, can take all your money and you have to is hire an expensive Attorney, after the fact and hope to get any of it back. The Identity and fraud war is very real and most Americans don't have any idea or access to any weapons to defend themselves! (When it comes to your money an honest weapon doesn't exist)

sessa,

Original post regarding ACH charges and the information regarding my "bit of paranoia".

(Overdraft charges, after a stop payment, against an empty closed account!)

Bank of America completely ignored my stop payment on a closed account and charged me for the Carleton Sheets, No Money down scam.

I stopped payment on this scam and was absolutely astounded when I found out later they had decided to charge me in contradiction to a confirmed stop payment.

I sat down with the bank officer and placed a stop payment on the purchase. I emptied and closed my account.

The bank turned around and placed an overdraft on my closed, empty account. Not just the $19.95 as advertised on TV but an unbelievable $504.85.

I took the bill back to loan officer who, just two days earlier, assured me the stop payment was complete. She stone facedly told me there was nothing she could do.

Nothing? I sat and watched as she stopped payment on

the transaction, gave me a receipt and closed that account just two days

earlier. She than suggested I could dispute the bill!

Dispute the Bill? (I didn't want to be involved with this scam!)

I sat in her office again while she called and put in a dispute and two weeks later the bank told me I had ordered the course. (Yes I did and I didn’t want it!)

Just two months earlier I made sure a block was put on my account. My bank statement had $105 in overdraft fees for a loaf of bread, a Sunday newspaper and 5 gallons of gas for my lawnmower. After a long discussion about courtesy verses paying $35 for a loaf of bread, the loan officer reluctantly put a block on all my accounts for any overdrafts.

(If I don’t have any money in one of my accounts don’t charge me $35 for a newspaper, let me use another form of payment!)

So with a block on that account, facing a $19.95 reoccurring monthly fee for some type of No Money down update, I was done with it! I paid to stop payment on the Scam and closed out that account.

Than, the Bank of America scammed me again! Two days later they “paid” the scammers $504.85 out of a stopped payment, closed, blocked and empty account and charged the entire overdraft to me!

To this day I still don’t have that *** Carleton Sheets course but I sure paid for it!

I have no idea what the point of this post is, what you're actually upset about, or what BoA has to do with it. You seem to be just complaining about identity theft and fraud in a general way.

Certainly these things occur, but do you have a specific complaint or issue? I sense a bit of paranoia in your post.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Bank Of America Online Banking
Loss

Worst Company of all TIME!!!!!

Yes, I am pissed with BOA. AND I'M ONLY 12!!!!!! Seriously! This *** company actually has the nerve to make *** excuses, put my parents through agonizing frustration, and then foreclose our house! My mom and dad workd extreamly hard to make ends meet, but got behind, due to medical problems and the loss of hours and overtime. After over a year of trying to get a mortgage modifacation, we finally were denied. I am 12 years old. Seeing the stress of my parents was too hard to handle. BOA could've easilly helped us get over this hill. It turns out that they only wanted our money, and were never going to give us the mortgage modifacation plan in the first place. Remember BOA, when you kick people out of their homes, they don't make payments. Without payments, your company goes under, and you're all out of jobs. Thankyou Bank of America, for practically ruining the life of a 12 year old girl, just as it was about to start.
ID
#319905 Review #319905 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

BANK OF AMERICA - Stole Rewards Points

I have a platinum account with Bank of America and have held over a $500,000 min balance in my savings account for the past years with them. I have had my account with them for almost 20 years. Over the years I have used a BA issued credit card with a $10,000 limit which I have paid on time in full every month. Recently my card was about to expire and rather then issue a new card this time as normal, they closed the account in which I lost my 75,000 rewards points that I have earned over the years and can't redeem. I have perfect credit and actually have had no changes or even checks on my credit since the time the card was issued. It's almost like they are targeting clients with high rewards points to close the account but its for sure fraudulent for the bank to practice this. Someone needs to do something, next they'll be closing your savings accounts and saying you've lost your right to redeem your savings.
Quito, Pichincha

B of A Going downhill

obvious that bofa has greater need of stockholders then customers. Closing my account today after 15 years. WAY to restrictive on small business. Cant run a company with them. Going from almost $100000 credit which ran a business to $1000 wont work. Credit unions are the way to go and Ive already left. This bank wont last with that treatment of customers. ceo doesnt know whats hes doing. Buying a failing company with billions of housing debt? *** choices, bad horrible customer service. If I wanted to talk to somone in India, I would call Dell. Goodby bofa, you have lost me.
Fresno, California
Bank Of America Banking Service

Paperwork runaround

Bank of America doesn't really want to do their job - LOAN MONEY! We have been attempting to get a mortgage on a second home for nearly 2 months. We are a very very very low credit risk, but BOA has given us the most mind boggling run around we have ever seen. Then, due to their delays, the interest rate shifted and they required us to pay a half a point to get the interest rate we started our negotiations at. We just dumped them and went with another lender. Save yourself a lot of hassle - don't use BOA!
Columbus, Ohio
Bank Of America Mortgage

Don't let BOfA get away with abusing you

If you feel you were taken advantage by BofA then don't let them get away with it. The only real way to get any kind of justice or compensation for you and your family is to sue BofA in a court of law. Before you had to be rich to take a bank to court, but times have changed. If you feel you have been wronged by BofA and would like to know more about your options then please feel to call me at 760-324-**** or e-mail me at dallas92270@***.com and let's talk.

I am going to be taking on these bastards! I've been destroyed financially by them. I can't even refi with my local bank due to them *** my credit even harder than a bankruptcy did.

They sent remodification paperwork to me in November, and I filed it November 20th. They sent more paperwork in December. I just received a letter in the mail that said they didn't receive my paperwork.

Called my bank where I got my cashier's check done, and they said it was cashed on November 28th! I'm filing a fraud complaint with my State AG, and I'm no longer sending them money. I'm now a squatter in my own home!

Two, four, six, eight! BANK OF AMERICA, *** YOU!

Palm Springs, California

Bank of america modification is a joke!

The minute you apply for a bank of america modification your loan gets assigned a case manager. Basicly now when you call, you get sent automatically to this case managers voicemail. Go ahead! Leave a message! They NEVER return a call!!! EVER!, Email them, NEVER RESPOND! Meanwhile try and get anyone else, no such luck....they reroute you to the same person! call their manager, doesnt matter...same response....nothing!! The modifcation department is a joke...dont bother...go directly to your attorney generals office and have them help you. This is why bank of a was sued! If only we all could do our jobs the way bank ofa does....

It took like 9 months and a lot of double paper work but finally got it and it is really worth sticking with it. I also got help from some gov overseers that put BOA feet to the fire. I forget how I got their number but they helped get it done with ?s that wouldn't let them drag their feet anymore.

The same thing happened to me. BOA directly sent my application for a home lone modification to a "case manager".

After that point, no matter what number I called for customer service, my call was forwarded to this so called "case worker". I never received an approval or denial based upon my application. Then the collection calls begain. Sometimes up to four to five times a day.

I could never get the caseworker on the phone. I finally gave up. I when I did get get a live person on the phone I was informed that my "case worker" was actually in the collection department. I informed them that I was contacting the attorney general of my state and that they should stop harrassing me.

Suddenly the calls stopped.

My mortage is and has always been current. THIS BANK IS *** AND WILL NOT HELP YOU.

Boston, Massachusetts
Bank Of America Loan Modification

B of A Customer Service SUCKS

I just spent an hour of my life I won't get back trying to get a simple loan balance from BofA. In order to get the loan balance I first tried the 800 number listed on their website for the type of loan I have. After 10 minutes of trying to get the balance and/or a live person I hung up. It was impossible to get to a live person. I then decided to try the live chat offered on their site. The chat response I received was that no representatives were available, but it offered a different 800 number which I gamely tried. I called that number and after just a few minutes I was able to get a live person. After giving my account number and my social security number, he told me he couldn't help me and transferred me to another department. After being on hold for 10 minutes there I got a live person who again asked for my loan number and my social security number, as well as some additional information. After putting me on hold twice to do her research, she announced that I no longer had that loan despite the fact that I was sending monthly payments. So when I informed her that she was incorrect, she transferred me to a third department where I was once again put on hold. When I did get a person to answer this time I again had to provide my SS# and loan #. With that information he was able to provide the loan balance in less than a minute. Which is exactly how long this should have taken in the first place!!!!!!!!
Brentwood, Tennessee
Bank Of America Account

Bank Of America Liars

You are told, build your credit, make payments on time, ask for credit line increase, lower interest rates. FOR WHAT? I had two accounts with Bank of America for atleast over 5 years on both account. One only had 1300.00 credt limit and the other had a 9500.00 credit limit. The higher account was used for my sons move from Arizona. Over 6000.00 was paid on this account in less than 5 years. No Late Fees, No over limit, Paid more than ask every month--most of the time paid double the min monthly payment. I called to ask for a credit increase on the 1300.00 account because it offered balance transfer at 0%. What I got was SCREWED. They not only denied the increase, but immediately reduced the credit limit on the 9500.00 account to 1200.00---100.00 more than the current balance. Then they told me I need to consolidate my bills and they could help me with that. They just took by credit score down majorly because of this going from 10% balance on account to 92%. Why do people even try to go the right thing any more with these credit card companies. I am not credit worth but if I secure another consolidation loan with them, they will happily help. REALLY!!!!!!!!! Half of my debt is for my two kids who could of easily filed bankruptcy--both had accounts with this company with I have transferred to mine just for the lower rate and to help them pay their debt with this company. Now they do this to my credit score just because I called THEM. DO NOT CALL YOUR CREDITORS!!!!!
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
Bank Of America Credit Card
Called Bank of America for a credit increase on one account with them that offers a 0% offer. Had an additional account with Bank of America that had $9500.00 credit limit and only 1100.00 Balance on the account. I have never been late, never went over limit. Also...

They did the same thing to me and I didn't even ask fro a credit line increase. I just asked to have the credit line moved to a lower interest card.

The closed the lower interest card and lowered the credit limit to (within $300) by $5,000. Good paying customer. Never late.

Always pay more then double the minimum payment. They are total ***.

Waynesburg, Pennsylvania

Bank of America charging $500 fee for unused LOC

We refinanced early 2009 and as a part of it, got a line of credit. Though the refinance place swore they rarely sold a mortgage, they did and BoA bought it. We never used our line of Credit but paid $75/year to keep it open. Our house was one the market two years and finally sold. At closing BoA wants $500 to close the LoC claiming we had to hold it for 3 yrs, but there was no penalty for early payoff. If there is money that should go to the seller after a sale ( I know - rare huh?) BoA works very hard to claim it. This is just wrong so I am complaining loudly and in every forum I can think of. Do not associate with them if you can help it. They are looking to separate you from your money.
Washington, District Of Columbia