1.2
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I was told that my safe deposit box would be free of charge because I had so many accounts with B of A. After a period of time, I got a charge to my checking account for the safe deposit box.

I called their 800 number and was on hold for 11 minutes and 39 seconds before someone came on line. I told her my issue and she was on the phone for less than a minute and then put me only hold again for 10 minutes. She came back to the phone and told me that they had sent me a letter regarding the charge for the box because their policy had changed. I told her that I did not receive any such letter and even if I had, the law requires that I agree to any charges before the bank can debit my credit card and that I wanted the charge credited back to me.

She said that she would not credit me. I asked to speak to her supervisor. That conversation took about 2 minutes and she put me on hold for another 14 minutes 54 seconds. Her supervisor finally came on and I explained the situation to her and she said they sent me a letter and I told her I did not get one and that I would have to agree to the charge before they could charge me.

I told her I wanted a credit and I would close my box out as soon as possible. Finally she agreed to credit me. I was on that call for a total of 43 minutes and 54 seconds.

I went to the bank the next day and told them that I wanted to get into my safe deposit box and then close it out. I was told that I would have to wait at least 90 minutes or they could schedule an appointment for the next day.

I told them that this would take only about a few minutes and the tellers told me that they were not authorized to access the boxes (even though that same teller helped me get into the box previously.) She told me that the people in the offices were with other customers and there were others waiting who had appointments. I was forced to schedule and appointment for the next day. I went in the next day and the entire process took 3 minutes! But no one could let me in the previous day.

What happens if someone had to access their box in an emergency?

As it was between the phone call, the waiting in line the first day, two round trips to and from the bank and then closing out the box, it took over 3 hours to do what should not have been necessary if this bank had honored their original agreement with me. This was a despicable bait and switch.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Bank Of America Cons: Customer service and concern for customers.

Comments

Bank of America is the worst! Bait and switch credit card offers .

YawningMule
#1521962

I was on hold for more than 30 minutes this afternoon.