South San Francisco, California
1.3K views

This morning I checked my online account with BOA only to discover that I had a levy from the IRS. I had set up payments with the IRS so I could not understand why I had the bank levy.

The IRS reviewed their records and saw that I had made arrangements. There was a cross with me being in collections and the levy dept. not communicating the agreement. The IRS which is a very powerful entity, immediately faxed me a release of lien.

While I was on the phone with the IRS, I attempted to chat with an online representative so the IRS could fax them the release, however, the chat rep. sent me a customer service number. I explained in detail what I needed and it was like talking to a robot. I used the toll free number and went around in circles until I finally reached someone.

I expressed the urgency, the BOA rep. gave me the wrong fax number to the levy dept. she gave me (415) 797-1240 INSTEAD OF THE CORRECT NUMBER (415) 796-1240 WHICH IS FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE. In an abundance of caution, I had the IRS fax a copy of the release to me at work so I could in turn fax a copy to BOA to make sure they received it.

That's when I discovered that the BOA rep gave me the wrong fax number. I cannot believe that BOA reps., DO NOT HAVE GOOD LISTENING SKILLS, GIVE YOU WRONG NUMBERS AND VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS WITHIN BOA ARE SECRET TO THE PUBLIC BUT ITS OKAY FOR THEM TO HAVE ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION. I have been a long time customer of BOA but I think after this episode I am going to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. I've had enough with dealing with their inefficiencies.

They also go OUT OF THEIR WAY TO CHARGE YOU FEES ON A DAILY BASIS. Before the debit industry arrived, if you wrote a check they refused to pay for insufficient funds and charged you like $20. Now they allow your debit charge to go through even if they know you have other pending charges, and charge you $35 per day until your account comes current.

ONE TIME I HAD OVER $600 IN FEES THAT I HAD TO PAY TO BOA. BOA OF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE OF MY MONEY.

Comments

The fax number for BoA levy release on the east coast has changed. After 30 minutes on hold I got it: 617-310-2751

Suggest all to go to irszoom.com - a good outfit. We must demand the IRS operates according to law.

Random Reader, you are nothing less than a fool.

Same here. I think this is a scam by BofA to make money in these changing economic times. You should request that the bank send you copies of the levies, ALL of them; and the document they sent back that cost you $100 each time.

You're retarded. Pay your bills