Product: Bank Of America Checking Account Clear all filters (113 of 113 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Bank of America - NSF Fees

Over the weekend I went to see my mother who is teminally ill...of course I used my checkcard. When I got home on Monday I made a payment to my credit card. I started the weekend with $846.03 and I am now $470.90 in the red. What has happened is over the weekend I used my checkcard 15 times. The bank posted my credit card payment on Monday and then instead of posting the transactions by date they posted all 15 of my checkcard transactions by the date they posted them to my account. So I was hit with 10 $35 NSF fees. Now they have the ability to go back and charge when you over spend and then deposit however they say there is nothing they can do on this. So what they have done is create a system that only benefits them. This is the same bank that toom millions in government bail out money and then sent their executives to events spending thousands of those dollars. If you are thinking about using Bank of America - BEWARE!!!

BANK OF AMERICA--SCAM ARTISTS

Bank of America put holds on your own money whenever they want to. And even know there is a check in the bank being held, they return any check you have going through and charge you a $35.00 returned check fee even know your own money is in there bank but, they have decided to put a hold on it. Rip off scam if I have ever seen one before. Now wonder why they can't take care of there own employees, how do you expect them to take care of there customers.......SCAM ARTISTS.....BEWARE.....Don't bank here unless you like giving away money that you work hard for......

I've been through the same thing with BOA, several times. This time $300 in overdraft fees and they aren't done yet...looks like more tomorrow.

They posted a check that went through on 4/20/09 before a DEBIT where I used my pin code on 4/17. They love to steal from their customers!

Why would you think a bank owned by China would give a *** about Americans???? You didn't do your home work.

You should not do business with any bank that is not owned by America. Even if you have to stay with a Credit Uniion. It is your own faults. Just like all these consumers who do business with Corporations that bring in goods from out of the Country.

You are selling America out. Wake up!! You get what you ask for!!!!! We are way over due for a REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY!

! !

! STOP SNIVILING!

Jon

My mother used this bank. And had all of the same problems as the other ppl on this site.

The thing they did most was... Ok on Monday Lets say she has $35 in her account (I know we are poor :{ ) Ok then she deposits a $1000 check on Tuesday :D.Then on Thursday the $1000 Check still not cleared. She deposits the $100 Rent check from her tenets on Friday. (She gets screwed from her tenet's home owners accociation too!) Saturday Is her automatic car payment or $600.

And the $1000 check still hasn't cleared. BUT!!! The $100 check cleard. Now she has overdrafted because of that.

Now its a $35 dollar fee. Is this not crazy or what?

This is all using the automatic *** on the internet account. BoA is a scam.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Bank of America screwed me today read and beware

this morning I had a sum of 150.00 in my checking account. Well I purchased gas at 40.00 at 11am. I went home and checked my balance and it stated that I had a total of 110.00 in my account. Well, at 1pm I had an emergency that came up, and I had to check out 600.00 dollars knowing Im going to be charged an over limit fee, plus the money will be back in the bank tomorrow morning. When I went to the BofA atm machine I checked my balance one more time and it was at 110.00, so I checked out 600.00. Well, I checked my balance and now it shows that the 600.00 moved in front of the 40.00 charge. Now it looks like I took the 600.00 out first then the 40.00 which means I am going to be charged twice for an overdraft fee. I was informed that the 40.00 was still pending, but I went in circles stating that my bank account showed I had the money for the first transaction plus the transactions was not pending because the money was taken out which showed a balance of 110.00 if it was pending then my balance would still show 150.00..Im just very pissed because my first withdrawn was valid...I went on saying its not fair that the 600.00 dallors was moved in front of the 40.00 but the customer service agent said thats the policy and a survey has been done and most customers perfer to have the larger amount billed first. She stated it benifited the customer but we all know it benifits the bank.

You people dogging on this guy are either idiots or you don't read.

This person is a victim of the traditional, and widely used, NSF scam.

Heres how it works:

Say you have $200 in your account

you make 5 charges totalling $198

Then maybe a check you forgot about comes through for $200 on the same night.

The withdrawels are always conducted from the highest price, to the lowest price meaning that $200 check overdrafts your account and give you a negative balance. The next 5 charges are then processed each resulting in an NSF fee.

If the withdrawels were conducted from lowest to highest, only the last item would have resulted in a fee.

That is fraud in my book.

you *** its your fault because for one you didnt have 600 *** dollars, number two what matters is which one clears first, not which one took place first, you people that want the system to work for you, work with it, you have no complaint.

I have had similar experiences with Bank of America. At this time in our countries history there are more poor from lack of jobs and loss of a persons job.

When this happens people have to do what-ever they have to do to survive.I have had the same experience with B of A .The bank says it is a processing fee so if a person puts the money in the account before the overdraft is processed then there shouldn't be any fee. The B of A have charged me many times and if I call them on it my money is put back in my account. If a person does not call they are charged the $35.00. Do you have any idea how many millions of dollars the B of A makes because people do not call them on this??????

It is just another example of how the middle class and the poor get screwed.

And we pay taxes just like everyone. We have a right to be heard and we are not :cry

Why would you take 600.00 dollars that you did not have out of the bank and then want to :cry about the overdraft charges? I just don't get it. If you don't want overdraft fees don't overdraft ON PURPOSE!!!!!

View more comments (3)
Bank Of America Checking Account

Bank Of America in Washington, District Of Columbia - BOA: rippers, suckers and al. !!!

I have had the account for six months only and already I have had so many problems with my account. 1. I was supposed to receive $30 for opening up my account and I am still waiting. I called about that money not being posted to my account and was told that the rep who opened the account has not sent the request. I spoke to the man who said we had done so, but still I have not received a dime. 2. the save the change rip off. Once, a Saturday, I had $4 in my account and made a purchase for $1.20 in a store and 20 minutes later $2.40 in another store. Once home I checked my account online and I had $.40 left in my checking. Well, the following Tuesday, I checked my online account and I have been charged NSF!!! They changed transactions time on my account. After they posted my first purchase of $1.20, they put $.80 in my savings as part of the keep the change program (program supposed to help the consumer save money, not be used to rip them off) and of course I no longer had enough funds in my account to cover my second purchase of $2.40. So, I was charged $35 NSF for going over my balance by $.40. I was furious and called them. I was told that the bank had made no mistakes and as a result i could not be refunded the NSF! 2. I have a debit/visa card and used it one Sunday for 2 purchases. I had $2.00 in my account but I was expecting a Western Union the next day that I was going to put into my account. So with that in mind, i bought food for the house using the 'credit' option of the card (not debit). the next Monday I deposited $300 in the account at 9am. Well, by Tuesday, I had been charged $70 in NSF for the credit purchases of Sunday. I thought the credit part of the card meant you are allowed a short-term credit??? That same week, My hubby tried to add me to his account but I was not allowed to because BOA had posted on my record that I had unpaid NSF. I told my husband's bank i had no unpaid NSF and they would only believe a letter from BOA stating just that; which they were willing to write??? WTF? they now post NSF in your credit report? I am so pissssed! 3. I received a $10,000 check that I deposited a Friday. By Tuesday the next week, the funds were available in my account. I managed to pay off most of my debt from Tuesday to Friday. All the transactions were kept pending all week long. Two transactions were not even posted nor paid (I was charged NSF by the two other credit cards). And Sunday, I took friends to the restaurant, but couldn't pay with my credit card because they had blocked it. I went to the ATM to withdraw money and my card had been blocked How dare BOA decide how I spend my money? How dare them block my card without even alerting me, especially on a week end? What if I had an emergency? That was the last straw! I am looking for another bank and I am out of there!

Bank Of America

I have had nothing but trouble with this bank. They will do anything to bill you it seems. My biggest issue is when they decided to take my money in my checking account and start transfering it to a savings account without my permission. And not only that but they continued to do this for about four months even though i constantly told them to stop the transfers and they told me the transfers were stopped. One month they even started transfering more. So then when my automatic payments for my Star card went through they bounced it saying i didn't have the money and then felt the need to bill me for it, which was on top of my card billing me. Apparantly your money is utouchable when they transfer it to a savings account unless they want to bill you for something then they suddenly remember that both accounts are "yours" and attached to eachother. I lost about $3,000 from this fiasco. Not to mention when my card billed me over these few months 500 dollars of debt suddenly became 4,000. I will never ever recommend this bank. And now I am afraid to even leave them until i know absolutely everything has been changed over to a new bank account because of when my parents left and a check suddenly went through late they decided to bill them nearly 500 dollars in bills total and even tried to tag on another 200 saying that the compony that had turned in the check was billing them, when in fact they were not doing so whatsoever and the bank was just lying to try and get some extra money. And this was all from a 7 dollar item. My advice never ever use BofA and if you do have them make sure you change banks as soon as you can safely do so.

Bank of America credit card - prefentive actions

Resently my credit card was temporarily blocked because of some unusual transactions. First, I do appreciate such preventive actions. I try to protect my finances, mainly by regulary checking my account action (online) and by not entering my personal and account information on websites. As suggested by many, including BoA. So what does BoA do when they suspect something is wrong. They BLOCK me from checking my account ONLINE!!! Leaving me guessing what's wrong. BoA adds a little note direction me to some website which requires me to enter my Account information and Personal information... which is a big NO-NO!!! And there's a phone number which connect to some general company called 'cardservices' or so. They also want sensitive information from me. NO! Of course I skipped those and called the number on my credit card itself and resolved it like that. Pretty *** that BoA want's me to do exactly that what you shouldn't do if you want to protect your finances !!!!

Bank Of America in Phoenix, Arizona - NSF Fees

On August 14, 2008, a deposit was made to my Bank of America account by a Bank of America customer in Maryland. On August 14th, the funds showed available both by phone and internet. I made purchases from those available cash funds and on 8/15/08, I received 3 insufficient fund fees because they showed the deposit being made on 8/15/08. When I contacted a representative and her manager, they both tried to explain the logic, but was very assured that no one would refund my fees. I feel like they've stolen money from my account.

The best thing for you to do is go to a credit union. Good Luck!

its the worst bank in the whole wide USA. i called complaining they said "well u cant do nothing about it except go to another bank.

Its your fault". Tried to get to supervisor but not available. My salary went in but was in "pending" mode, but they were still took 5 NSF fees from my account.

Its not that it was a new check - its the same salary check for the past 6 months! Freaken ridiculous!

I understand your complaints! Do your banking with a Credit Union.

If enough people do this it would put them out of business. They have the WORST customer service ever!

I just went through this. What I hate is that they take it upon themselves to automatically sort debits by largest amount first.

This assures the bank a higher chance of NSF funds. Even though they say it's only "their policy", you have no recourse...

except to go to another bank. That's what I'm doing.

sounds like to me that you made your deposit after the cutoff time at that banking center. As long as you have your receipt (which clearly shows the time of the deposit) we would correct any form of bank error.

Banking centers cutoff time for MD, VA & DC is 5pm Mon-Thur and 6pm on Friday's.

Same goes if you deposit CASH. it will not get processed until next business day IF done after the cutoff time the state of your deposit.

I have had that happen to me in the past and luckily I was able to get the fees reversed. I try my hardest to make sure I keep receipts of all transactions and when I check my account statement online. Also, I print out my online statements showing my deposits and withdrawals which comes in handy when they decided to change the date of transaction listed against you.

View more comments (5)

Watch Out For Bank Of America Fees

We closed an account with Bank of America over 3 months ago, and were still being charged monthly fees. I called up there and was on hold for 45 minutes before they realized their mistake and only repaid me for 2 months. Nevermind the overdraft, overcharge, and insuffiecent charges they refused to give back. I think we paid them close to $600. And will never get it back. I will not do any other business with them. I am in the process of trying to close my checking and savings account with them. I let them know this and they were not the least bit interested.

They`ve burned me for hundrefs of Dollors as well. Dont trust BOA!!

They`ve burned me for hundrefs of Dollors as well. Dont trust BOA!!

View more comments (1)

Bank Of America in Greensboro, North Carolina - Bank of un-America

I opened a checking & savings account 2 weeks ago. Deposited over $5,000 to open the account of my money. I received 2 transfers of funds from a company I do work for that also happens to have BofA. Those went through just fine. On the 3rd transfer, they suspected it was fraudulent and put a -$888,888.88 negative balance on my account and all my checks started bouncing like a blond's *** on baywatch. (lol). So I call them and they tell me they suspected a fraudulent transfer?!? from a guy who logged into his account and entered specific pass phrases to get into his account and transferred the money. Meanwhile, he's done this 2 times before with HIGHER amounts with no problem. So now, Bank of unAmerica has stolen all my money and held it hostage until this other guy calls them and clears this up. I thought we have rights in the country. The right to bend over.

Do you really think a bank wants to cover a near million dollar loss? Banks are trying to cover they're ***, they don't care if you need the money right away, they need to make sure that it's the right person doing the right transactions.

You open an account for 3o days and you think it's gonna be okay to do large transactions like that and not look suspicous.

You may know you're innocent but if I were a bank and I see that amount of money moving around, you better believe I would do anything to cover my butt. God forbid if it were fradulent transactions, and you had just had that money taken from you, dont' you think you would wonder why the bank did nothing to try and stop it?

Bank of America

These people have the WORST customer service ever! I was charged a $35 overdraft fee when my account went $0.06 overdrawn- even though I have overdraft protection- and when I called the 800# I was very rudely told"because of my account history I was inelegible for the overdraft protection". What the heck is that supposed to mean? I have banked with these people for 9 years an only been overdrawn twice! Where is the $250 I paid for the overdraft protection service in the first place? Try asking them cause all I keep getting is a run around! I will never recomend them to anyone again!

Why do Bank Of America place a 2 week hold on your account if your account is overdrawn for 21 days or more.First of all

boa charge you overdraft fees and extended

overdraft fees.The customer is paying the fees for their overdrawn account, why the

2 week hold on a check when it is deposited.The teller say it is because the check has to clear.I have deposited the same check for over a year it usually post the next day.I feel this rule should change because BOA is putting the customer further in debt.

customer service guy is completely 100% right. JCM makes me wonder though, if you were getting a monthly fee for an acct that was supposed to be free why did it take you 11 years to figure it out? Sounds like you weren't meeting basic requirements to keep whichever particular checking acct you had free, which isn't the bank's fault...you shouldn't have just sat there for 11 years and let it accumulate.

everyone is eligible for overdraft protection. All you need is a checking account and either a savings account (opened in the same state as the checking), credit card thru BofA, or a line of credit.

If you have one of those three options, then your accounts can be linked for overdraft protection.

Also, it doesn't cost $250 to have the serivce either. Just a $10 overdraft protection transfer fee each time its used.

jcm

I left BOA after 11 years and went to Wachovia. Haven't had a problem yet.

BOA kept charging me a $20 monthly checking account free when iwas supposed to have free checking!

$2640 in checking fees when I signed up for FREE CHECKING or so I was told. After several attempts to get this corrected I figured the best way to do this was just change banks.

View more comments (3)