2.5

I have had my account with BOA since the 90’s. I recently deposited a check into my account, not thinking much about it.

I wrote out some bills , I went to check my account using my BOA app. I couldn’t believe my eyes! My account had a negative balance. The check that I had deposit was being held for three weeks.

I called the bank immediately they said that they changed their policy. No letter from BOA stating that they had changed their depositing policy. I reviewed their terms and conditions, there was no section which states that BOA can hold a check for three weeks. However if the check is over ten thousand that is when they may hold the check.

My check was not over ten thousand nor was it suspicious in any way, Now the check was withdrawn from the account from the person who gave me the check the next day. So BOA has had the money for two weeks, And I continue to wait for my money. What a huge disappointment BOA has become. One other comment my late fees and over draft fees were over Three hundred dollars.

I feel that they stole my money, or they used it to pay their bills.

So I tell you take caution when depositing a check into your BOA account they may hold your deposit with out any warning. Seeking new bank!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Check Deposit.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments