Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Jan 18

Removed posting

Original review posted by user Jan 18

I deposited a check for $1,890 into my checking account. I waited until I saw that the check had "cleared." Then I used the cleared funds to conduct business with someone. After I did this, the bank indicated that the check had bounced. My checking account is now in a negative.

I contact the bank and complained that this banking institution had cleared the check, but now I am in the red. The BOA associate that I spoke with said that he agreed with me. He filed a claim with the bank (claim #190118100639). However, my checking acct is still in the red.

I was told that I will have to wait roughly 10 days to receive a letter from the bank in the mail. Meanwhile, my checking acct is in the red and I have bills that need to pay!

I am livid! Why did the bank show that I had the funds from that check? Why did they not offer to rectify my problem immediately?

The bank associate said that if am charged overdraft fees, I can submit a request for a refund. I am thoroughly disappointed with the Bank of America and their service. This institution handles billions of dollars a year. But when it comes to handling my money, they screwed up royally, and I am left with the deficit and possible bank penalty fees. No way!

I want the Bank of America to do the right thing and stand behind their action. They cleared the check, so they should cover the check, even if it did bounce!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

No one cares....

Boa did stand behind their policy, even though the check hadn’t cleared per their policy they allowed you to use the funds, now that the deposit bounced they’re again following their policy and debited you for the bounced item, I suggest you read their funds availability policy that governs your account so you have a better understanding, all banks have these and they provide them to each account holder so you have a copy somewhere