Bank of America closed my account and took all my money $7400 for no reason.First they told me i was overdrawn $88000 and gave me a number to call. All they can tell me is they have the right to choose whom they want as customers and they can not tell me why they have closed my account. They told me it would take about a month for me to recover my money.

The same week my account was closed! I was in the process of buying my first home. i needed the money for my down payment. I had made an offer on the house of my dreams and LOST it because of BANK OF AMERICA decided to close my account for no apparent reason at all!!!

There is something going on with Bank of America that is not right i hope this does not happen to anybody.This was the worst thing that has happened to me bank of america should be checked out thanks

Review about: Bank Of America Account.

I deposited a $6000 check , they closed my account and have no clue where the money is. I’ve never seen anything like this

Happened to us too.Only $155 but the principal is it could have been way worse and BOA wouldn’t have done a damn thing to help.

Someone opened an account in my wife’s name. Got a loan on the account and had an auto payment taken from it. Well we found out went to the branch we’re told it was clearly fraud. The account was frozen and things looked ok.

A month later we had money stolen from OUR account to repay the fraudulent one. Now I’m pissed..Over 90 days later we still have not gotten any answers to why this was even done in the first place. Been to the branch 3 times. Nothing.

On the phone Nothing. Even got a n account statement the other day with my wife’s name and the fraudelant person and name on it together like this was a normal joint account. It WASNT IT WAS FRAUD. Period.

Do NOT let BOA be trusted with your money . They will NOT help you they will NOT protect you.

***..they won’t believe you

Rowland Heights, California, United States #1329919

I have the same situation yesterday!

firstly, I have been with BOA more than 10 years, good credit, never had any problem with them.

I have saving for .13K, checking for abt 4K..they closed my account with any notice.

what if I really need the money???

it's good , I saved some money in aonther bank. Otherwise, I will have no money to pay bills...

I believe all the comment here are helpful for people looking for a bank to open.

NEVER . CHOOSE . Bank of America.

there is a comment said " I have with them more than 10 years, had no problem. " I would say that yesterday! I had business trip today, and trying to use my debit card for food. My card got decliend, and I received 3 emails says my balance is below 25..

I thought BOA has a problem with their system, then I called like everyone else> same answer, it's based on their business decision. PLEASE IF YOU ARE BANKING WITH THEM NOW, YOU SHOULD DECIDED TO LEAVE IT, TAKE ALL MONEHY OUT BEFORE THEY HOLDING YOUR MONEY.

now im waiting how long they take to send me my money back.Im a loyalty customer with them for more than 10 years....don't end up like me

Norcross, Georgia, United States #1271427

they just did the same thing to me this week I deposit a few checks I was saving for 2 months totaled around 4000$ they put everything on hold except 400$ out of the approximate 4000$ then they closed my account 3 days later and they said they don't even know why my account is being closed they transferred me to another line I asked to be on a non recorded call guy tells me this bank is *** don't make a new account here they steal your money on a side note my payments for matninence were scheduled for the 17th of every month they charge me on the 6th and 13th which is early by days and put my account into over withdrawl and told me I had to pay 35$ fee for each over withdrawl only thing they told me is that their doing it because I'm at risk what am I at risk of having money these *** banks are why we'll always be poor as soon as you start to have some money they steal it *** YOU BANK OF AMERICA I should *** sue you dirty ***

Something similar happen to me .

Less money but same ***.

BofA did same to my sister!Back in 2010 they closed her account,no warning.

When she called customer service they told her her account was being closed for inactivity, and it was non-negotable. They snail-mailed her money from account to the wrong adress two times before geting it right the third time-two months after closing her account. She went to anouther bank to open new account, and guess what-SHE IS ON CHECK SYSTEMS,REPORTED BY BOFA-ACCOUNT THEY REPORTED HER FOR IS SAME ACCOUNT THEY CLOSED FOR INACTIVITY. She contacted bofa who told her-her account was cllosed because a bad check from anouther bofa personal account ea was deposited in her account and they reported her to cs for that too.

WTF-she never had any other personal checking account with bofa-never.

how could she deposit a bad check from an account she never had?then bofa claims she opened this other account-no she did not-and they claim they have a signature card for this other acount-but they are wuthholding this said card from her-WTF BOFA/

Warner Robins, Georgia, United States #713299

The same thing just happened to us! The exact same thing. We've had an account with BOA for years, and have saved over 200,000 so that we can afford a new home. We contacted their loan dept. got pre-approved, made an offer on a home and the next thing we knew our account was closed. We were given an 800# to call and the only thing we could do was leave our name & number. This was done on a Friday so that we couldn't do anything until Monday. We didn't sleep all weekend, and come Monday morning were at our local BOA talking to the bank manager that has no idea where our money went. She said all it would tell her is that our account was closed internally with no explanation. We should receive a certified check in the mail returning our money within 24 hours she said. WE'RE STILL WAITING!!!!!! Now we have to hire an attorney to try and get our money back. We lost the house because all of our money disappeared. Why is our govt. allowing this to continue? We've contacted the FDIC and still haven't gotten anyone to call us back!

Here is my suggestion, if you just have money sitting in their bank because it makes yo

u feel secure.......GET IT OUT NOW!!!! They are crooks, we never had an overdraft, not once, we made sure that we had little transactions coming out of the account so that it didn't sit dormant for too long. The bank manager and the district manager have no idea why they took our money, nor where it's at.

Then when u call one person says its ok, your check will clear in a few days, then instead of it clearing they close your account.I have never been so confused and let down by anyone or anything ever.

Do they realize that people put their trust in them to hold their money and then just to have them close your account for no reason and keep your money can really hurt people and cause devistating effects? I don't get it, why did they even allow me to open an account if they just decide to change their mind later when I did nothing wrong. There was money in the account, it wasn't overdrawn I just don't get it.

Just wanted to vent, when my husband cheated on me with my best friend, I didn't feel this betrayed .jk..kind of

I just don't see how they can just close accounts that have money in them. They are so

This just happened me too and I called to ask when I will be able to get my money back and they told me 30 days I went straight to the branch and spoke to a manager who got an authorization and let me withdraw 1000 to at least cover some bills now I am waiting for the cashiers check to get her...

my checking account was closed and i called 877-240-6886 to find out the reason why and CSR could not provided me with a reason.

Did you write a check for $88,000 or more for this overdrawn condition to happen?If the answer is yes, you have no complaint.

If you didn't, I would ask to see the checks written on this account that caused the problem.

I have been a Bank of America customer for about 10 years and have never experience a problem.I only use BOA for a checking account as like most banks, they pay little to no interest on savings accounts.

they did the same things to me!