1.9

I was driving through the ATM on a Tuesday evening, and ended up leaving my card. What happens was I pulled up to ATM, of which there were two, and proceeded to make a deposit.

As I was making my deposit a car pulled up to the ATM behind me. Subsequently, they began honking, yelling and flashing lights. I'm aware that the number of random shootings and beatings in St. Louis is rather prevelant.

That being said, I floored it and got the heck out of there. I immediately called customer service as I left my card. After going through all the red tape, the rep told me I would be charged $5 for a replacement card. I said you have got to be kidding.

She had no inflection in her voice and said would you like to proceed or not? Of course, I said, "Well, your not giving me a choice. I need a debit card, but my only option is to pay, despite the traumatic event on your bank's premises." She didn't care, she wanted that $5. I said " I'm assuming the entire incident has been taped by bank security cameras."She said they cannot release that information.

I replied, " Well with a diploma, I think you have to.". Again, she reverted back to "Do you want a replacement or not?" Absolutely terrible behavior on her part.

I realize $5 is not a great deal of money, but there are principles of ethics and morals and Bank of America will always put money before morals. Absolutely deplorable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Customer Care.

Comments

Your *** fault for leaving your card in the atm, dont blame the bank. People nowadays dont want to take resposability for their actions.

Dump this bank and find a friendly local chartered bank