I have a checking account with Bank of America, i did have a checking and savings account but they decided that I transferred too much between the two. And closed my savings account.

Now, my checking account has been nothing short of a nightmare. Fee after fee! I didn't have a cell phone or access to a computer. I received a letter in the mail one day saying i was overdrawn, when I made it to a computer, i saw that I was overdrawn $75 in fees!

Apparently, I overdrew 2.00 and they didn't give me any indication until almost 2 weeks later! AFTER they had taken their $75 in fees! I called and explained and the told me I should buy a cell phone!

I am a single mom. If they would pay for it i would definitely do it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Banking Service.

Comments

BofA is built on ripping people off.

DO NOT USE BANK OF AMERICA.

Trust me. I use to work there.

jerodeheaver

@Chris: Yeah, I don't see ANYONE paying $500 in fees to a BOA Credit Card unless you have been late EVERY MONTH or have been late several times including the $99 annual fee on an American Express card... Are you sure you're not talking about INTEREST?

Interest is completely different than fees, and you will be paying higher interest rates with any other bank. Your credit card is like a loan, you are borrowing money from the bank and paying it back over a certain period of time, in which interest accrues...

If you wish to have a lower interest rate, please continue paying your card down to where you are within 25-33% credit line utilization and then call in to Customer Service to speak with a credit analyst in order to run a review. If you are refused once, ask for a supervisor to review.

jerodeheaver

4 words: Federal Government Regulation D... This sets the Reserve requirements for depository institutions, including your credit unions you are thinking of escaping to.

You can only transfer funds from your savings account to checking account 6 times per month without penalty. If you violate Regulation D, you are sent a notice (which you probably failed to read.) and have to try to comply each month. If you violate Reg D more than 3 months per year, your Savings Account WILL BE CONVERTED to a Checking Account so that you can safely transact. SAVINGS ACCOUNTS WERE MEANT FOR SAVING, NOT TRANSACTING!!!

If you are saying that we closed your account, you are horribly mistaken, as that is not protocol. You would have had to initiated the closure, not us.

Andover, Kansas, United States #353896

Don't like BOA? I've got two words for you: CREDIT UNION!

***********************************************THESE STARS ARE FOR BOA'S TOTAL FEE RIPOFF! I HAVE PAID OVER $500 IN FEES THIS YEAR ON A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR TOPPED OUT!

I PAY $70+ A MONTH IN-FEES!

THIS BANK IS SUCH A RIP IT IS AMAZING THAT THE US GOVERNMENT HASN'T LIFTED A FINGER ON THIS FLATOUT GOUGING! I HOPE TO *** BOA GOES COMPLETELY OUT OF BUSINESS SO I CAN FINALLY GET AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!

My wife has a long standing account with Bank of America so we thought they would provide good mortgage service for our 1st house. What a big mistake !

Apart from the mortgage agent requesting several times the same document from us and have us answer the same questions over and over, now the underwriter does come up with the same questions again !!!! which blocks all the reviewing process and goes past the target closing on sept.23rd. And they had 6 weeks since we applied for mortgage with no history problems!

With movers scheduled for the weekend, Bank of America has shown again how it can screw over customers !!!! Don't count on them !