Berne, Bern

On October 6, 2011, Bank of America took money from my checking account ending in ** and transferred it to my other checking account ending in ** (which was in process for unknown charges, in process of being disputed without my authorization). On October 4th, 2011, Bank of America representatives advised me that I would have a total of 2 months to pay off my overdrafted checking account before making payment arrangements.

On September 17th and 24th and October 1st, Bank of America representatives stated that I could make payment arrangements on my overdrafted checking account after the in-process unknown charges disputes were resolved. I ensured the representative clarified that no transfers would occur without my knowledge. The representative assured me that the only way that would happen would be if I would set it up that way. Other than that, they wouldn't touch my account ending in *** Bank of America did not notify in writing nor over the phone about withdrawing my entire account in the amount of $1,152.27.

On October 6, 2011 at approximately 7:35 am, I contacted Bank of America to find out why they had taken my money without notifying me. They indicated that they did not have any open claims on file and that they couldn't give me my money back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

:upset bank of italy has spoken
jerodeheaver

These debits were properly assessed utilizing Bank of America's Right of Setoff that is mentioned in your Depositor's Agreement. Whenever you have an account that is overdrawn for a period of 90 days, the bank has the right to go into attached accounts that you are a signer on in order to recover funds without undue loss to the bank, since we have to pay money on funds borrowed at a high interest rate to provide your overdrawn account. While the loss is unfortunate, you would do the same thing if you as a person had the authority to do so.