El Dorado Hills, California

My husband and I have been going through this process since April 2009. It is always the same story...it's in review. We had thought that we had reached the end of the process when, in August they said that we would go through a "pre-trial" loan modification process. This would run from September through November and the difference in our payment was $700.00 per month. We agreed to this and were compliant with the process. We made our payment on the exact date due, each and every time.

So, when I had pulled my credit report in November, I was shocked to see that not only they reported 5 lates, that they also reported that we were almost $10k past due. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE. When I have called in to make my pre-mod payment, I had spoken with several different BofA employees, why are we being reported late and with $10k past due? No, one ever has a real answer, it's always something about their computer system, etc...

So, now our credit score has dropped by 180 points. Not only are they destroying our credit with reported lates and large past-due amounts...THEY ALSO continue to ALWAYS LOSE our HARDSHIP AFFIDAVIT. WHY IS THIS THE ONLY PIECE OF MAIL, THEY NEVER MANAGE TO RECEIVE? This information has been faxed or sent through Fed-Ex. They always receive everything else in this packet...but, the Hardship Affidavit.

When you call BofA, no ONE has a title, last name or a direct line. To further add to our frustration, we have a very reputable loan modification company working with them. BofA IGNORES the contract/agreement I have with this company.

Finally, we get a call from one of the loan underwriters...someone with a real name, title and direct line. Again, the HARDSHIP Affidavit is missing. So, I get her fax number and send all 21 pages of information to her on Friday.

So, thinking that FINALLY, we are getting somewhere. Well, I get a message the very next day at 9:15am (SATURDAY) from another person at BofA. She leaves only her first name "Christie" with no last name, title or extention. She rapidly states the generic 800#. Which, meant, I had to listen to her message twice. So, I called back, of course, "Christie" is unreachable and get stuck with a customer service rep. She, of course does not know anything useful, however, manages to read the notes and tells us...you guessed it! They still need the HARDSHIP AFFIDAVIT. Also, if we don't send them a statement of our $200.00 yearly HOA fees, RIGHT NOW OUR LOAN MODIFICATION WILL BE DECLINED. Did I mention again that it was Saturday. That this information was just faxed to their office on Friday.

My husband and I are so frustrated with this whole process. If we could go back in time, we would have just shorted the house and at least our credit score would not have taken such a hit. Oh...and we would probably have completed the process by now!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Loan Modification.

Comments

Please help if the employees cannot help, where are the managers and upper levels. If the managers are doing there work why your employees are not helping in the home laon modifications.

I have been asked so may times to fax, fed ex the papers. No one is helping. I have only one house, Why no one wants to help. Please help.

Managers and Directors- if they cannot answer the calls, can they follow the calls. There are a lot of customers who can still pay if the payment is a little lower. Please help.

I really need help now. Please review all the loan modifications then you will know.

IT IS ALREADY OVER A YEAR THAT BANK OF AMERICA IS IN PROCESS MAKING MY HOME LOAN MODIFICATION. THE EMPLOYEES ARE UNFRIENDLY.

THEY GIVE WRONG INFORMATION EACH TIME WHEN I CALLED. THEY NEVER WANT TO HELP. THE ONLY THING THEY WOULD SAY IS TO CALL IN A WEEK AND GET THE UPDATES. SOMETIMES IF I AM UNABLE TO CALL, THEY EVEN WONT CALL IF THE HOME MODIFICATION IS DECLINED.

THEY ALWAYS READ THAT THERE IS A NOTE. WHAT IS THE USE PUTTING A NOTE AND THERE IS NO REPLY.

B of A is a total ripoff bank...

Yea, I went through B of A's Making Home Affordable Program struggling, but making the trial payment of $754.62 on the 1st of every month beginning September 2009. I called them at least 22 times and each time it was something different, didn't have tax returns, which I faxed three different times.

I had sent in the February 2010 payment on 1/25 in order to reach B of A by the first. On 1/28/10 I got FedEx the modification, with a payment of $80 over the trial payment. They wanted the papers signed, notarized and the first payment sent to them by February 4, 2010.

I had already sent the trial payment. This new payment is still unaffordable, because it is 37% of my gross income and does not include the second loan I have on the house.

Bank Of America is an evil entity and to think that our hard earned taxpayers dollars were used to prop up such a vile entity which only cares about false press release and bribing our congress through their lobbyist with our tax dollars is disgusting.

The citizens of these United States should have long term memory and this despicable entity should be held accountable.

All banks, in USA work in the same way

bank want: YOU HOUSE OR YOU MONEY

and zero tolerance :cry :( :( :( :(

Obamma, recieved a notice about an eric decker,crise hase, who blocked our cridit after we paid back a 50k line .I needed that cash to open a new business they claim along with the catasaqua,rd bethlehem,pa branch that values have drop but we had a comp @ 80% LTV of 100k they blocked our whole line..all of my friends cancelled the accounts with BAC in PA whitehall.in addition at thitme of payment the cleak told us theyd open the line for hardship they didnt..the legal councel said be costly so we just closed all accounts for poor corrupt service.. WE bail them they block our credit in addition a cogressman was in fromed of this..beware the are only self regulated by tEXAS OCC officer of contrller of which at th time of the loas did not tell su that either..stay away from BAC..

we opted for american express and chase to rebiuld credit. we sermist that the FTC is corrutp alaos when you complain..

Have copied everyone from the Treasury, White House, BOA P and VP for the same issues over and over. One person verifies ALL documentation is at BOA, the next month someone says it's not all there.

Random garbled messages left by BOA employees who don't enunciate. It is gruesome to think they are reporting to the govt that I did not turn in paperwork that I have submitted and confirmed receipt by fax, fedex, email and telephone. Each time they claim to be "missing" something else.

I'm sure their computers are bogged down after the merger/accquisition of Countrywide but they need to be able to track their documents, they're a bank for goodness sakes. And stop telling me they don't have documents that I submitted in order to start the entire process of modification.

I have also had the same experience as Gwendolynmjones, in that I was a former Countrywide customer who was going thru a "fast track"refi, when the takeover occurred and I was suddenly a debtor to Boink of America, who promptly"lost" all of my paperwork, never heard of my contact person, etc. Same story.

So I have continued since April to refi, modify, qualify...whatever I can do to lower my payment due to my income being cut by a third, and to no avail. They also have a new trick up their sleeve- you go onlne to make a payment (on time), the website won't accept it-"oops, the website is 'down' this week"! You try by phone and aretold the phone line isn't working either, you have to hand-deliver it to a branch! The nearest branch is over an hour awayfrom me, and I work during the hours that they are open.

Finally someone from Boink of America calls to ask why my payment isn't made, and I explain.

She takes my payment over the phone, telling me it will not be counted as late because it is now the 15th of the month, and will be processed on the 16th- the LATE DAY!!! This also disqualifies you for any federal loan assistance programs, since you are now late on your payment.

These people are crooks and legalized loan-sharks!It kmakes me sick to think that government gave them more of my hard-earned money so they could continue to screw people!

We have been trying to get a modification since december. bofa has ran us around 5 countries and lost our paperwork 4 times.

they've lied, mis-informed, misplaced, misrepresented and treated us in such an unfair fashion i am just floored.

and we are but a few of thousands. why is the lending commission letting them get away with it?

GwendolynMJones

We'd previously purchased our home & had our mortgage thru Countrywide in Spring 2001. Already having a subsequent re-fi thru them in Spring of '03, when we saw the rates dropping earlier this year (Spring of '09) we took advantage of their "FastTrak" program (worked fine before!) & started the re-fi process again.

Only this time, after many phone calls & our contact person suddenly gone, over 4 months went by & many hours meandering thru who's system we found was now jamming everything up: Bank of America, who bought/took over Countrywide Mortgage earlier this year. Now suddenly everything changed; after wading thru a long chain of clueless idiots I finally got a hold of some "supervisor", who explained that due to the takeover, & the flood of applications when the rates took a dive, they'd been overwhelmed & understaffed. The person we'd been working with was nowhere to be found & they now needed much more information, despite our credit ratings ~800 & an excellent payment history. We'd already paid the appl.

fee & were fighting them to complete their obligation to complete the process, but now, of course, we were no longer "eligible" for the then-bargain rate & they'd only complete the process if we made another appl. w/ a much higher interest rate. After fighting w/ them & pointing out that it was thru no fault of ours that they'd failed internally, we got our fee(s) returned, but they've continued to pester us w/ "applications" for re-fi. I've told them that we wouldn't re-fi thru them if they were the last MTG Co.

on Earth! Just to make our point of just how egregious they've been, we now send a payment in every week, so it takes them 4X the processing effort.

We're also finalizing a re-fi thru another company @ just about the same rates as last Spring! "Adios, M-Fs!" :(