I applied for a no fee mortgage with Bank of America. At the time of application, I was told that 1.

I had to lock in my rate in order to be eligible for the no fee mortgage and 2. that if the Fed lowered interest rates that I could call at any time and re-lock the rate. I just recently found out that the seller of the home I plan to purchase is not ready to close by the time my lock-in expires. I attempted to call my loan processor and he hasnt responded to any of my voice mail messages.

I spoke to someone who claimed to be his supervisor but I found out later that this was not true. After my 5th phone call I asked to speak to his real supervisor who wasnt available for my call as well. Then I spoke to another person who informed me that with a no fee mortgage I am not eligble to re-lock my rate, I would have to wait 60 days and re-apply for the mortgage and I would have to pay extra points to extend my already high interest rate. Basically, I was lied to and taken advantage of.

My phone calls have yet to be returned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Mortgage.

Comments

1. Why did Countrywide change my 5.75% mortgage loan, I Locked-in at, to 6.25% right before signing escrow, without discussing it with me 72 hours prior as loan documents states must be done?

2. Why did Countrywide tell me I couldn’t afford the cheaper loan and that they thought they told us prior already, when I called during signing?

3. Why did Countrywide change my loan to one I doubted my wife and I could afford, when my family was going to have nowhere to live if we didn’t sign?

4. Why did Countrywide tell us their copy machine was broken when we signed our lock-in agreement?

5. Why didn’t Countrywide give us a copy of our Lock-in agreement document when we asked for it since the beginning of our mortgage?

6. Why did Countrywide sell our note to Bank of America that we did not want to do business with nor support, and not hand deliver the note?

7. Why are we forced to do business with Bank of America and forced to allow them to service our loan?

8. Why did Bank of America ignore us on 5 modification attempts to our previous lock-in agreement and only answered and told once that we didn’t qualify?

9. Why does Bank of America deny our QWR for all Loan, escrow, Lock-in agreement, and 6 modification attempts, documents?

10. Why does Bank of America Bank of America threaten to foreclose, selling our note, and actually put our loan into default with pre-foreclosure, still denying us our QWR?

11. Why is it legal for real estate companies and internet sites allowed to show our house available in pre-foreclosure, for 2/3 the cost I purchased it for, at a monthly mortgage half of what I am being forced to pay?

12. Why is it ok for Bank of America to foreclose on my mortgage when the amounts due are the same amounts our houses estimated worth has depreciated, due to Real Estate company’s, Countrywide’s and Bank of America’s practices of unequal, racial, judgmental, predatory lending for greed of money with house flipping and greed of money, no matter who it puts on the street and causes to be homeless?

13. Why is it ok for the home builder to tell us they’re not going to fix the cracks in our stucco unless they can fit a nickel inside it?

14. Why is it ok for banks to exercise their legal document rights, ignoring and denying the consumer their documented rights when the consumer cannot afford the greed of an attorney?

15. Why does everyone, banks, governments, other nations and countries think they can do what they do against Americans and God’s true Children everywhere, and get away with it, without judgment from God?

16. Why did the American Government bail out these banks with tax payers money, for doing these things to Christian Americans that choose to be the True Children of God?

Your Judgment is here, life of your own conscience knowledge, truth and action of un-repented sin of mortality and impurity expressed towards existence, reality and destiny, to have life upon and within yourself. They are your truths, beliefs and actions you decided to agree upon and express upon all things existing or going to, even yourself.

It's almost been 100 days since I locked in my refinance rate. I paid them 400 dollars for this.

If I delayed the loan like this, I'd have to pay a fee to relock the rate, however I get nothing as they delay the loan. I can't even get an estimate for when it will go through. I never even chose to work with BoA.

My loan was bought by CountryWide which was bought by BoA so now I'm stuck with them. Calls and emails are not returned except by the Sales rep who can't tell me anything about how much longer it will be.

East Earl, Pennsylvania, United States #17282

I opened a checking & savings account 2 weeks ago. Deposited over $5,000 to open the account of my money. I received 2 transfers of funds from a company I do work for that also happens to have BofA. Those went through just fine. On the 3rd transfer, they suspected it was fraudulent and put a -$888,888.88 negative balance on my account and all my checks started bouncing like a blond's *** on baywatch. (lol).

So I call them and they tell me they suspected a fraudulent transfer?!? from a guy who logged into his account and entered specific pass phrases to get into his account and transferred the money. Meanwhile, he's done this 2 times before with HIGHER amounts with no problem.

So now, Bank of unAmerica has stolen all my money and held it hostage until this other guy calls them and clears this up.

I thought we have rights in the country. The right to bend over.

Morrisville, Vermont, United States #14958

Worked for b of a for 8 months before i decided i couldn't stand their lack of knowledge and downright incompetence. They hire anyone and everyone and believe me that the people in those branches selling you these loans have no effin clue what they are selling themselves.

They ARE reading from scripts and give you all the wrong info. managers, asst managers, personal bankers, etc...

ALL do not have the proper training to be giving you info on the biggest loan you'll ever take out! Stay away!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #8743

AHHH--- others who had the same wonderful (if you enjoy stress, headaches, making 20 unanswered phone calls a day, running around like a nut, and basically doing EVERYTHING yourself) experience I had. I basically took on a 2nd job as a loan processor…I used the "convenient" online banking system for the No fee mortgage plus program...no worries my a$$!!!!!

On time guarantee- HA! Read the fine print. My loan processor didn't call me for 3 weeks (I called her 2x or more a day from day 1) and had most of the info incorrect. She called me 3 days before the original closing date to START going over the loan details...She was as cold as ice and sounded like she was reading a script and answering my questions from some book, sometimes the answers didn't really even match what I asked.

I had to move the closing 3 times until I told them if we don't close I am losing this home and I will have my lawyer contact them now for compensation. Let me ask you if my rate expired on 3/15/08 why the F**K would I want to close on 4/1/08??? That was just the beginning. She lied about making calls, getting in touch with insurance companies, association questionnaires, legal docs- I had to get all of that information.

She then without my consent extended my rate @ MY cost!! Yeah, that DID NOT fly with me, I had her boss reverse that after I explain how completely incompetent she is. I had to call her boss' boss' boss before anything was done correctly. The loan processor was a complete *** who didn't even know who I was after about 100 phone calls from my lawyer and me, (and the local branch office VP).

I could keep going with all the details about how they screwed this loan up, but I'd be here for days and I'm sure there is some kind of word limit here. Needless to say, if you stick with them for a mortgage, don’t give up and keep getting the boss' boss' boss. And if you aren't getting what you need get their boss. Call, email, do what you need to do.

And don't let them pull that fee for an extension ***; they will reverse that if you tell them how crappy their employees are and how they can’t get anything correct. They lie, never call back, don't keep you in the loop, it's horrible. I am a great customer with them, I have 2 credit cards, a loan, had a mortgage with them a few years ago-(that one went smoothly), an IRA, money market account, savings, checking...never had a bounced check or late payment...and this is how they treat a Premier account holder. I wrote a letter to the CEO, cc'd several execs and told them this story.

I don't expect anything, but I can tell you the next time I need to get a mortgage I'm not going with BoA!

And I’m seriously considering transferring all of my accounts to other banks. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Boardman, Oregon, United States #7808

LOL...I just ditched B of A today because they did the SAME thing to me. I had a 90 day escrow and locked in my rate.

*** me, I found out that the max number of days they can lock was 45 days. I complained and they PROMISED (lady in the local branch) that I can relock with no fee. When my rate expired, the *** processor re-locked my rate without calling me and charged me a 0.25 points fee (I hope he will die soon). I called him and scold at his ***...his *** couldn't say a word.

What a bunch of lies!!! Home buyers beware!!!

If I'm going to spend that much money, I'll go to a lender who truly deserves it. AVOID BANK OF AMERICA AT ALL COSTS!!!