My husband lost his income last year and we called Bank of America to discuss what our options might be to save our home. After several phone calls, and every person telling us something different ie.

"don't make a payment yet", so you show hardship etc. and then "why didn't you make a payment"...all of a sudden a fed ex packet shows up in the mail. The fed ex has a temporary agreement in it for six months of lower payments until they can get us qualified for a modification. We signed the agreement, sent in our payments, every month and on time.

During the six months I would call in at least twice a month to check on the status of our modification, as well as to ask them if they needed any documentation from me. I never got a response besides "we show that it is in the process of modification". I call again, now in a panic because the six months is up, and no one has contacted me. I ask every time if they are going to make me pay the difference back or foreclose on my home at the last minute...and they say "no, we are just really backed up at this time and your modification is still in the works".

Well guess what 7 months go by, and I call again to ask what I am supposed to do and what I am supposed to pay, they say pay what you have been paying on your agreement....I call Monday to ask why they havent cashed my payments for the last two months and the agent says, it looks as though they lost your paperwork, let me re input your numbers, ten minutes later, she says I am denied and that I will have to take a second loan out for the difference of what I havent been paying. Today I get a notice to foreclose in 16 days.

This is a joke and a disservice to the people who are truly in need of help. I will be contacting our Senator to discuss.Now my family of 4 will be homeless in 16 days because they dont know what they are doing, and they lost my paperwork.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Loan Modification.

Comments

all bank modifications are scams, including the government ones :(
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #212252

Same story, different names. B of A is a scam artist.

#200055

We too are going through this so called modified loan. We have made all of our modified payments on time.

We call at least twice a month to get an update. Each time we call we get a different person with different information.

Just called again and guess what she tells us it's still pending. They have no other information to tell us.

I'm playing the game. I refuse to go into default.

I will keep my mortgage current and join all class action suits against BOFA. This is a criminal. I've been trying to get a Mod since May. BOFA is stalling.

I'm so overdue for a answer. I will continue to call daily pleading for a update.

They are taking billions in bailout $ and f**king the people the people meant to be helped. Obama failed.

I also did the loan mod with BOA. it is the biggest rip off.

I made the trial payments for 9 mo. It was approved and my payments were $150 more than the trial. The mod payments were only $200 less then my original payments. It will ruin your credit.

I was never late on my payments or my trial payments. They show my credit as 8 times over 90 days. I have argued and argued with BOA about this with no results. I was told I made a payment in June and it was not posted till September.

I wish I had never dealt with the mod. I have told them that over and over but once you make the trial payments if you dont sign the final mod you have to come up with the difference.

Now if I had that kind of money I would have never asked for the mod to start with. Wish I knew some way to stop this

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am going through this scam now. I made my final trial payment due April 1, 2010 last week, and now they are sending default letters and asking me to pay more than was agreed upon.

They are now telling me to wait another 6 months for a decision. What are they going to see in 6 months that they can't see today. Oh, I know. "Your debt ratio is too high for a modification." I could have walked away last year when I lost my job, but believing the modification scam was legitimate I sunk another 10K into my home leveraging my then perfect credit.

My house is worth half of what I paid as the neighborhood is littered with foreclosures. Had they modified my loan as promised I would be able to keep my home and pay off all of my creditors.

I am now considering talking to an attorney before I make my next payment. Bank of America is well aware of their unethical behavior and they are dragging this process out to bleed the home owner and tax payer until it makes sense to short sale the property or foreclose.

Try doing a short sale with this mixed up mess of a company. The new "equator" system that was to resolve the problems is the worst piece of s....

to hit the planet. They are confused on how to use the system and don't call for documents that cannot be uploaded without a request, and then say they haven't received them!

Please Uncle Sam, put this company out of it's misery.

This is so scary. I am going through the exact same thing with Bank of America!

I have been paying the modified payment, due to a layoff in October.

I continue to call, and BOA tells me the same thing..Keep making the modified payment until they "catch up" on their loan modifications. At this point my credit report shows a 30-60 day delinquency even though I've made all of my modified payments on time!!