DO NOT EVERY OPEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT WIH BANK OF AMERICA!!! This bank is not custonmer friendly they re arrange transactions so that they can bill you more overdraft fees and it doesnt even matter how much the transaction was for even if its for $3 they will charge you $35 for overdraft this bank is ridiculous.

Dont even try calling the customer service for checking accounts is horrible they dont show any empathy and they just simply dont offer help they dont let the customers talk and when I tried figuring out why my account was being billed so many fees they would simply say you are responsible for balancing your own account.

They show different info on online banking than what the reps have in thier system so when you call they always say the same thing your responsible for checking your balance and making sure you dont overdraw but the only way to do that is by calling or checking online but when you check online they dont honor the info that is presented there. All of thier business practices are just to take more money from the customers they are estimated to mak about 38billion in overdraft fees this year this is a huge sign they are not doing things right they are doing it to make money they rearrange transactions only when you are about to overdraw how convenient.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Banking Service.

Comments

TO: Wow, on 03-01-2010 20:12 when the bank holds your deposits, Rearranges debts & transfers funds without notification or approval how can any one keep track of their funds. criminals, they just use a mouse, not a gun.

@ Wow - seriously dude? People make mistakes.

An overdraw here or there happens, and paying one fee for it is acceptable. The way they rearrange the charges from highest to lowest is the BS. It causes a ton of smaller charges each to trigger a $35 which is absolute nonsense. And their notification tools are an absolute joke.

By the time you are notified that you are overdrawn you don't have a chance to resolve it because of cutoff times and strange times things post in the middle of the night.

BoA sucks and I've since switched to Chase. Not as many locations and their billpay sucks compared to BoA but I've saved tons on fees and headaches.

Mount Aetna, Pennsylvania, United States #100602

...it never ceases to amaze me what simple minded idiots are out therein the world today. If you read the fine print, don't spend more than you have and keep the required minimums in your accounts....there are NO fees!

People like you are the reason this country is in such finacial turmoil. Grow up and be a big boy and accept responsibility for your own errors.

I have had this same issue, this is a horrible bank. They are a bunch of crooks and I'm looking for a new bank.

They got me too, I transfered money from my savings account to my checking account online, then made some purchases.

Bank of America arranged my transactions to put the purchases first, then the deposit of the transfer.

It made my account go negative then positive all in the same day. I got slapped with somes fees also.

Lasalle Bank was the most friendly bank ever, now it changed with BOA, no wonder why they needed a bail out. Time to find a new bank.