On December 15th, my sister transferred money to my BoA account using mobile transfer. I received a text at the number indicating the transfer was complete.

A couple days later I noticed that I still had not received the money. I logged in and realized I had to "register" my phone number to my account. When I tried to do so, I was unable to because it was already registered to somebody else.

My sister immediately called and tried to cancel it. She could not because the other woman, named "Tanya" had already accepted the payment. After spending two hours on the phone with BoA, where BoA confirmed the name entered did NOT match the account number, my sister was able to file a claim to get the money back. It would take 10-14 days.

Today, she learned the claim had been DENIED. BoA contacted the other woman, "Tanya", and Tanya refused to give the money back. Therefore, there was nothing we could do.

According to BoA, this is not FRAUD because at one point in time, Tanya had access to the phone. BoA suggested my sister call Tanya. Ummm...we don't know her. She could be anybody. Give me a break.

So, now Tanya has the money BoA will not do anything about it. Further, my phone number, which is registered to me will continue to be linked to Tanya's account. Tanya must cancel the number. So if anybody else ever sent me money that way, it would once again go to Tanya.

This is completely absurd. It is aking to writing a check to Joe Smith and Jerry Johnson cashes it and there are no repercussions. Joe can't get the money back. Jerry gets to keep it. And if he feels like cashing another check written to Joe, he can do that too.

I have been a BoA customer for 15 years. I have a checking account, credit card account, and two mortgages with them. You might think they would care about me. Or if not about me, certainly about FRAUDULENT activity.

I have spent almost 6 hours on the phone with various reps in Specialty Services, Claims, and Fraud. My sister has also spent that much time. There is absolutely no resolution, except for me to call Tanya. And if someone else transfers some money to me to my phone number, Tanya wins again.

I have never been so pissed in my life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

Oh wow. I just had the same thing happen and have lost $390 as a result.

And have been given the same explanation.

If you see this please leave me a message. I'd like to sue the bank for this as it is completely ridiculous and they have not fixed this despite clearly being aware of it for YEARS!!!

kmmunchel
Atlanta, Georgia, United States #588577

I don't know why the location says Abu Dhabi. I clearly typed in Tampa, FL as the location for Bank of America Mobile Transfers.