Bank of America --- POD account

38 of 1071 Bank Of America reviews

Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years ago, my sister and I went to the branch in Clarksville and informed the Branch Manager Mrs. good that my father had passed. We filled out all of the necessary paperwork and they faxed the Death Certificate to the Estate Division of BOA. Every one of the branch employees were sad about my Dad’s passing, they all knew him by name. Last month we were informed the account would be closed for lack of activity and funds sent to the State of Virginia. The account was active with funds going in and out to pay bills.

This past Saturday after an hour at the local branch in Springfield, VA I was told I could not access the funds until the POD account was re-opened. I called the Estate Office spoke to Manager Rebe cca who did not offer any customer service, except that I would have to send in a Closure Request to have the funds available. She could not explain why my original paper work was not on file. But I was told Saturday and before I spoke to Manger RM that they had no paper work on my dad’s account. The branch manager sent the paper work Saturday because it could not be found...all of a sudden the Estate office found the file with Death Cert. from 2014.

My resolve: Do not open an account and put your loved ones on the account with the notation of POD because it could be a future problem after you are gone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Estate office --- poor

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Bank Of America Family Trust Account
Review category
Banks
review #909107

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Bank Of America? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
38 of 1071 Bank Of America reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bank Of America. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Bank Of America.
Filing a new complaint about
×