Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years ago, my sister and I went to the branch in Clarksville and informed the Branch Manager Mrs. good that my father had passed. We filled out all of the necessary paperwork and they faxed the Death Certificate to the Estate Division of BOA. Every one of the branch employees were sad about my Dad’s passing, they all knew him by name. Last month we were informed the account would be closed for lack of activity and funds sent to the State of Virginia. The account was active with funds going in and out to pay bills.
This past Saturday after an hour at the local branch in Springfield, VA I was told I could not access the funds until the POD account was re-opened. I called the Estate Office spoke to Manager Rebe cca who did not offer any customer service, except that I would have to send in a Closure Request to have the funds available. She could not explain why my original paper work was not on file. But I was told Saturday and before I spoke to Manger RM that they had no paper work on my dad’s account. The branch manager sent the paper work Saturday because it could not be found...all of a sudden the Estate office found the file with Death Cert. from 2014.
My resolve: Do not open an account and put your loved ones on the account with the notation of POD because it could be a future problem after you are gone.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Home band in clarksville--great
What I disliked
- Estate office --- poor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The company behind the Prepaid Visa Upside Debit Cards has an F rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). The BBB has noticed a pattern of complaints concerning Metabank---Cardholder Services...."
- "I opened an account with BB&T for $125 bonus, they said I didn't qualify after waiting for 5 months of being assured it was on its way. So I try..."
- "Huntington bank has been going into people's credit reports without their permission in an attempt to increase their credit card business charging high rates. I opened a checking account ant..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "Ava's Flowers charged me $60 for the most pathetic arrangement that wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I was so embarrassed. I sent it to a client contact..."