Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years ago, my sister and I went to the branch in Clarksville and informed the Branch Manager Mrs. good that my father had passed. We filled out all of the necessary paperwork and they faxed the Death Certificate to the Estate Division of BOA. Every one of the branch employees were sad about my Dad’s passing, they all knew him by name. Last month we were informed the account would be closed for lack of activity and funds sent to the State of Virginia. The account was active with funds going in and out to pay bills.
This past Saturday after an hour at the local branch in Springfield, VA I was told I could not access the funds until the POD account was re-opened. I called the Estate Office spoke to Manager Rebe cca who did not offer any customer service, except that I would have to send in a Closure Request to have the funds available. She could not explain why my original paper work was not on file. But I was told Saturday and before I spoke to Manger RM that they had no paper work on my dad’s account. The branch manager sent the paper work Saturday because it could not be found...all of a sudden the Estate office found the file with Death Cert. from 2014.
My resolve: Do not open an account and put your loved ones on the account with the notation of POD because it could be a future problem after you are gone.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Home band in clarksville--great
What I disliked
- Estate office --- poor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- "Back on Wednesday, August 4, 2016 at approximately 5:30 p.m., I went inside of the Chase Branch located at: 3183 Wilshire Boulevard Suite #199, Los Angeles, California 90005 (213) 249-9862..."
- "I've been a "Prime Member" @ Amazon for years and have used the store card fore it's convenience as I'm disabled and live in a rural area of WV. Wife..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."