1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years ago, my sister and I went to the branch in Clarksville and informed the Branch Manager Mrs. good that my father had passed. We filled out all of the necessary paperwork and they faxed the Death Certificate to the Estate Division of BOA. Every one of the branch employees were sad about my Dad’s passing, they all knew him by name. Last month we were informed the account would be closed for lack of activity and funds sent to the State of Virginia. The account was active with funds going in and out to pay bills.

This past Saturday after an hour at the local branch in Springfield, VA I was told I could not access the funds until the POD account was re-opened. I called the Estate Office spoke to Manager Rebe cca who did not offer any customer service, except that I would have to send in a Closure Request to have the funds available. She could not explain why my original paper work was not on file. But I was told Saturday and before I spoke to Manger RM that they had no paper work on my dad’s account. The branch manager sent the paper work Saturday because it could not be found...all of a sudden the Estate office found the file with Death Cert. from 2014.

My resolve: Do not open an account and put your loved ones on the account with the notation of POD because it could be a future problem after you are gone.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Bank Of America and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about bank of america customer care from Bank Of America was estate office --- poor , but reviewer liked home band in clarksville--great. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Bank Of America.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Bank Of America to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Bank Of America?

Comments