1.4K views

***Bank of America's New 03/01/08 Posting Procedure: I've just learned that BofA is now charging NSF fees for "paying" for unposted/pending transactions to your account eventhough you will make a deposit at the end of the day that very same day. So for example...you have $100 in the bank now...you decide to make a purchase for $101 (knowing you'll make a deposit tonight-which WILL post at midnight) we....dear BofA will charge you $35 for covering that $1 eventhough you made a deposit and EVENTHOUGH the purchase transaction WILL NOT POST FOR ANOTHER TWO DAYS!!!...that is OUTRAGEOUS...I have now been charged over $100 in NSF fees for three small transactions I made just MINUTEs before making a deposit....I think I'll take my business somewhere else!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

Lets try something new. Its called holding yourself responsible to whats in your account, knowing what will be coming out and when.

I do not mean just swiping away until it gets declined... If you cant pay attention to your account, no-one will.

And get it straight: pending transactions immediately reflect in your balance with the exception of pinless gas purchases and tips on your card. If anything posts against a negative balance, expect more fees, not fewer.

And understand this...

YOU *** up. Noone else.

For customer service guy

I am glad you are frustrated, hope you are going to be even more.I would be sad to work for a company the scam peoples.......

Customer service guy - YOU DESERVED TO BE SLAPPED, SHUT THE UCFK UP, YOU ARE AN INBRED ***, WHO LIKES TO SERVICE BOFA ON YOUR KNEES! JUST SHUT THE F UP, NOBODY LIKES YOU, YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET AND MORE YOU f_CkeR, JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT DEFENDING BOFA, THEY ARE GOING TO TEAR YOUR ANUS TOO YOU ***! SO STFU AND TAKE YOUR BANK AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR BOFA STRETCHED BOOTYHOLE!

Bank of America tore my anus, they tore it real good, sure, it felt good while it was happening, but when BOFA was done, I was bleeding and sore and it really hurt to ***.. Bank of America then proceeded to take $600 out of my account and slap my face with their oversized private part.

Then they made me lick it clean..

I cried.. I'm still traumatized to this day!

I used to have an account with BofA and then with Citibank. Didn't like any of them so i joined a credit union (arrowhead cu).

they're truly the best. You cannot go in overdraft with them. If you have $50 in your checking and you want to buy something for $51, your card will be declined. Love that!

I've been with them for the past 5 years and never had a problem.

Plus, all transactions are instant, you don't have to wait 2-3 days to clear. If you buy something at a store you can go online within 5-10 mins and it shows the transactions!!!!Best bank so far for me!

Bank of america does NOT process like all the other banks. This was an insta change to all of their customers accounts and the customers they had understood their overdraft plan, but all of a sudden, it changed overnight.

This was a scam from BofA against it's customers. There was a wide known fact that banks have 'Check Cards'.

Checks don't post for days, this is no longer called a check card, it should be called an insta debit. It does not even sound remotely sensible to charge someone that amount of money for an item that HASN'T EVEN HIT THEIR BANK ACCOUNT.

Tiptur, Karnataka, India #25930

I've noticed the same thing. I used to be able to make purchases thru credit on my check card a day or so before my direct deposit went in and since it took 2 days for the items to get processed I was in the clear.

Now they go by the date you made the transaction. The funny thing is, my account was never actually in the red because they still counted my deposit before the purchase so how was my account overdraft if it never dropped below $0.00??? I have also noticed for a long time that if you use their site to figure out your balance they are trying to trip you up. Items being processed from pending to posted will disappear for a whole day and the amount will be as if you had never made a purchase.

My register was $48 one day and the amount shown on the BofA site was also $48. Next day bank says I have $190 or there about. This is because the transactions that made up the difference was being processed as not shown. I have just renewed my habit of making sure I go strictly by my own register and ignore what the bank site says.

Also I have such little trust that I also will no longer enter a pending deposit into my register until after it has finished completely posting. People need to realize that banks are the enemy.

They will do anything and everything they can within the bounds of the law (hopefully only that far) to take your money and anything else of value you have. If they can get you in debt the rest of your life, well I am sure this would please them as well.

West Falls, New York, United States #24471

Banks. Well they are there to generate money you know.

They want to get as much of your money as they can. The bank manager is also rated on the number of nsf charges so as you might imagine this might make it hard for them to resist. The only way to have a good experience with any bank is to make sure to use as few of there services as possible and to make sure you have your own overdraft in place. That is always having at least a paycheck worth of money sitting to save you from there ***.

Bank cd's, insurance, or even mutual fund investments are also all highway robbery. Watch out it is going to get worse and as usual you will find out after the big charges are put onto your account. The banks have no problem telling you that they will charge you and yes it is fair because you signed there agreement. The fact is society has been pushed to use banks and there services or you are punished with many inconveniences.

Unless you are on the track to run your life on a cash cycle vs the debt cycle they push you into you will always be one paycheck from them ripping you off. So if you must use a bank and have the convenience make sure you have at least a paycheck worth of income sitting in your bank.

Los Olivos, California, United States #23903

I can tell you that every bank processes transactions in a very similar fashion. So even if you do close out your account and go to another bank, you will still run into the same problem.

Read over your bank services agreement carefully to see EXACTLY how your transactions are precessed.

I would also recommend getting some sort of overdraft protection on your account. Attach a savings account or line of credit to your checking account so you dont have to worry about tiny overages as much.

Stringer, Mississippi, United States #21079

This "Bank Natzi" obviously works for them,

I'm experiencing the same *** as I type this response!!

"1. Written by Customer service guy, on 26-04-2008 12:06

sounds like you abviously don't know how to budget your money. BofA new processing system for debit card transactions are the same as any other bank these days. No longer are you able to play your account short and close by expecting to make a deposit ontop of a negative balace that is pending. This type of change is what customers REQUESTED for a number of years for BofA to do, and enough voices were heard in HQ to change it BACK to this type of processing. Bottom line, keep some form of register of your transactions, write your stuff down, if you know you don't have enough money, don't attempt to make the purchase or you'll suffer the snowball effect of overdraft fees. Thats my only advice to EVERYONE that reads this post. To be honest with you, i'm tired of taking VERBAL ABUSE everyday, and so does all my fellow associates. We become frustrated because people fail to listen to anything. And people wonder why BofA have such "horrible" customer serivce."

Mount Pleasant, Texas, United States #9875

Utica, New York, United States #5740

*** BANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!