Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Aug 04, 2021

I received a $225 Prepaid Visa Gift card. It was expiring and I called Customer Service to see if they could extend the expiration date.

The Associate said she would send me a new card with a new expiration date. I received the new card with an expiration date of 11/21. I tried to use the card and discovered that the balance was $0. I called Customer Service and found out that the Associate who sent me a new card, misinformed me and that even though she sent me a new physical card, the original expiration date does not change.

She never told me that and I could have used the $225 before the original expiration date if I had known. However, I chose to wait since I thought I had more time. Even though the Manager that it was escalated to admitted that their employee misinformed me, they still would not return the funds to me and said they were forfeited and went into a forfeiture account. What a total scam.

I told him that he could take it out of the forfeiture account and return the funds to me because it was their employees error and yet they kept my money. They told me they would use it as an educational opportunity to train the employee who made the error.

In addition, every Customer Service Associate that I spoke to was unfriendly and NOT Client oriented. The Manager it was escalated to was not empathetic, took a condescending tone with me and treated me as if I was at fault.

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy Bank of America Prepaid Cards!

Bank Of America Pros: Incompetent customer service team, Customer service is impossible to reach, No direct line for escalations -keep going through tier 1.

Location: 105 East 9th Street, Coffeyville, KS 67337

Comments

#2043686

"I was at fault." You were at fault....But all is not lost. When they escheat the funds to the state, you can apply and get the cash in a few years.

Bank Of America Reviews