Washington, District Of Columbia

Bank of America keeps stalling my loan modification I applied for 3 mo's ago. When I follow up, they say the loan modification is "under review" with no time estimate though originally I was told I would receive a modification within 45 days...Now they sent a new application as if I never contacted them. Eventhough I applied for the making home affordable program they call me daily harrassing me to pay them and meanwhile send foreclosure threat letters.

When I called they told me to contact my friends, relatives, and Church to get money to pay them/my mortgage. They told me "you need to take steps to overcome your hardship". I am unemployed over one year. I used my 401K and savings to pay the mortgage over past year. I applied for the loan modification program. They ignore it and are now sending foreclosure threats.

BofA keeps stalling...They harrass me daily to pay and when I tell them I applied for making home affordable program they tell me it doesn't matter and keep harrassing me to pay them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Mortgage.

Comments

If your loan with BofA is a HELOC and your first mortgage is upside down they cannot nor will not foreclose. In fact they eventually write off the loan and keep it because usually the balance is too high for outside collections.

Also you can file for chapter 13 BK protection which converts the HELOC into a unsecured debt and is paid on for 3 to 5 years for literally penny's on the dollar. After that time the loan is zeroed out.

Contact a good BK lawyer or leave your email here as a reply. I have an inside contact at the bank who has offered to blow the whistle.

I got a modification last year. I was informed it would be in my best interest to take the mod.

or they would not be willing to work with me in the future. The mod increased my payments by adding insurance and taxes. Increasing it by 300.00 a month. So when slow season came around I got behind one month.

Then with all the new escrow junk and late fees I sent 1000.00 they sent it back and said it was 51.00 short. Could not take less than a full payment. So I paid them 1200.00 in Jan. they took it.

I called to talk to them. A rep told me home was safe and not in foreclosure but I did have a payment that was late. Two days later they call and say my home is in foreclosure(early foreclosure they say) I went to make a payment at the bank of 1360.00 which is 300 above my pymt. The bank refuses it.

Says I have to western union it. I schedule a repayment plan. Emergency comes up. I am 100 short.

A supervisor Christa Williams tells me that i can go right then to Western Union and they will take the pymnt. I was at Western Union instantly sent the money. 2/23 at 639pm. On 3/4 they tell me that I made the payment after 3pm and it was returned to me via western union.

They kept my processing fee. At this point I am 4 months behind because they will not take my money and they are threatening me with foreclosure. So, in Florida they have to mediate. I am going to have to resort to hiring an attorney.

I am 3000 behind and they are tacking on late fees, interest, and lawyers fees. I have been banking the money everytime they send it back and just don't know what to do at this point.

I have been working on a loan modification for over a year now. I hired mortgage attorneys.

It doesnt seem to matter, they said they didnt receive my paper work three times! Then they needed updates. Im so sick of their BS. How is it that if I walk away from this house they will sell to another person for the appraised value but cant manage to accomodate me to stay and work with my loan?

Makes no sense. So no more $ for them Im done!

Made 4 trial payments still no modification, made the 4th payment in good faith, bac rep. told me to keep making modification payments, make too much money not qualified for hamp.

Home is 200% under water. I feel they could keep the home, going to ride it out until I get sheriff eviction notice.

I applied for my modification back in beg of 2009. It was just approved by their underwriter on June 22nd 2010, then was told they needed more paperwork (the same I had sent originally) and it was approved again August 26th 2010.

It is now November (the latest month I would have an answer) and I have yet to hear a thing. I was told it's being escalated. I have now just been laid off, I live alone, not married, and have nobody to ask for help.

I thought my continuing efforts to struggle and make these payments would pay off, however it appears walking away now so the 7-10 years of bad credit can begin sooner than waiting and creating more stress waiting for BOA to do nothing.. Sorry to hear such sad stories as I see this really isn't going to go anwhere.

Liberty
#209277

bank of america does not own you or your home. they own your service you are a client.

the practice of loaning money that comes from YOU as a consumer through insurance premiums and stock shares is called bookkeeping. they are an employee to you. when you pay back double and triple what you borrow they are not providing a service they are robbing you blind. this is not an honest bookkeeper, if you embezzled that much money from any other company except a homeowner you would be prosecuted for a crime.

so don't let them do this to you. fight back, do nothing, everyone on earth depends on the commen people for everything if you dont buy anything or go anywhere no one has anything above you.

#208808

:( SAME THING HERE ALSO!! I started this process in August and they keep stalling, saying they need more paperwork, and every time I call I get a different answer.

It has been in review for months now.

Is there any sign of a class action suit for this?? I am so disgusted, I told them maybe if I stop paying they will step this up?

“There is no need for anyone to be cold, hungry, homeless or in poverty. All these things are caused by the lack of pieces of paper and electronic numbers called money circulating in the world and by the charging of interest on them. We could change that today if the desire was there” David Icke

The bankers can accumulate and manipulate businesses by accepting, or refusing, loans.

The whole house of cards, and the control of the human race, is based on the charging of interest on money. The subject of interest is crucial. There is nothing wrong with money if it is used only as a measure of exchange for goods and services. It is when you can charge interest on money, most of which doesn’t physically exist, that enormous dangers arise.

You can then make more money from manipulating pieces of paper and electronic numbers than you can from producing essential goods and services for people who need them. With the charging of interest, the money chases those who already have money and ignores those who have not. The cataclysmic social and financial divisions in the world are caused by the charging of interest on money.

Production is geared to greed, not need, and the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. Often it is not the cost of a house that prevents people from buying a home; it is because we have to buy three or four for the right to live in one!

shannanmomof3

they dont want you to have the trial mod papers notarized for ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY...they want to be able to manipulate, and act like they didnt receive, so you default on the making home affordable mod, according to the rules, they know what sneaky tactic they are using,,they think no one will figure it out? they will pay

I got that same exact notice, 'you have been approved for the making home affordable modificatiion....etc. exactly the same!

We got the trial paperwork in august=FINALLY, we sent all of the docs, along with the 1st trial payment. We sent everything they asked for. They got it by Sept 1st. The trial mod told us we were to make the 3 trial payments, of the same amount-no more than that, just the amount that they determined, which was 31% of our income.

That's when they started playing games. First, I made the payment for the sept 1st payment on Sept 1st, throught their western union payment so it insures they get it directly, that day, this is what the rep at bac told me to do. They didnt post it on my transaction history till sept 11 or something. I even called that day to give the confirmation route number to the bac rep, as they suggested.

Then we wait, I called about the end of sept. to check status, and they said it was good. I then wanted to call the hope team, and when I called, she said they hadnt received our docs from the bank of america dept yet, so they havent been doing processing. We then both called the bac retention team, and they said they had all the docs, and they would send to them then.(They wouldnt have done it if I hadnt called until it was really late).

So I knew then that they were going to do something to make it not happen. This process was so stressful, I called, and one person would say it's all good, call back, they would say they didn't get the docs, or one thing was still missing, I faxed and faxed, and confirmed, and sent, until I was blue in the face. No one ever told me the same thing. We made sept oct and nov.

payment., guess what in nov. got a letter stated they couldnt complete to permanent mod because they were missing docs.ALL THE SAME DOCS THAT WERE SENT IN THE AUGUST 30TH FED EX FOR THE TRIAL MOD. So that was their excuse for not completing the trial mod, that was supposed to be a 3 month trial mod as it said it the trial mod docs that we received in august. It said after completing the 3 months of trial payments, you will then recieve a permanent mod within 10 days, please complete, notarize and return.

But since they pretended they were missing docs, AFTER I HAD ALREADY CHECKED IN SEPT. AND MADE SURE THEY HAD EVERYTHING BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT THEM TO PULL SOMETHING LIKE THIS, they said they couldn't complete the permanent yet. So I sent it anyway, again, they said they got it, then as we waited, nothing, finally called, and they said they were missing a doc, but this time it was a different one, (that was already sent in august), and I KNOW THEY DID ALL OF THIS TO DELAY, AND not give us the modification. They said on the message, as you have above, in November 2009, "you are approved for the making home affordable modification...etc.

exactly the same, and now that is gone, but I kept it. I kept everything. Now they sent us a letter, after all this time, stating we are not eligible for the home affordable mod, and other options are short sale, forclosure, etc. We are so scared.

We have 3 children.

we wanted to believe and trust them as they kept saying "it looks like we have everything and you have done everything, now you just have to wait..wait..wait for this horrible news! What can we do..Help..my husband and i are arguing now, the kids hear us, I cry at night..they promised to help, we did what they asked..