Rancho Cordova, California

A couple months ago I had just about one of the worst banking experiences with BofA. At the time I was living more than just pay check to paycheck.

Money was beyond tight and I had to do a lot of rearranging my finances to get by. Now this is definitely not a story of how anyone should use their credit cards, but it's what happened to me. I had put enough money on my credit card to have 20$ after my interest and such. This is money I needed to put food on my table, at the time.

Normally it takes time to post, but it posted almost instantly, I was ecstatic. The next day I went to use it and it declined. I called and the lady on the phone said, just give it a couple days to post. So I did.

Then it declined again. So, I called again. The next guy told me to wait a couple more days for it to post. Then it declined again.

By now 2 weeks had passed since I first tried to use it. I called and told the guy that my money had to have posted by now. Then he tried to tell me that every store I went to that day (I tried it everywhere in the hopes that it would work), their machines were down. In astonishment of his blatant stupidity I asked him if he really thought I was that ***.

He put me on hold and transferred me to the fraud department. The guy in the fraud department immediately asked for my information, which no one else had done. He looked up my account and said that they had sent me a new card and that the one I was trying to use had been deactivated, that all these other people had to do was pull up my account, and they would have known how to help me.

I told him that I had never received a card, so he overnighted a new one. A simple task was all they had to do, but all these representatives were too lazy to do so...

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Credit Card.

Comments