Bank of America nightmare...I transferred funds ($5500) to a Bank of America promotional rate of 0% for 12 months. I was late by one day on two consecutive bills.

When I received my next bill, I noticed in small print that my apr % was 34.9%! When I called to inquire, I was told I should have read the "fine print" on the offer regarding late payments. Okay, I agree, but what I don't understand is how such a reputable bank would charge a rate well above what "Loansharking" is defined as. In addition, not make it obvious they had done so.

And, furthermore, I was given zero courteous or flexibility. So, me, who has an excellent credit score, dealing with a supposedly good banking company, witnessed a complete "Lose-Lose" scenario: I will never bank with Bank of America again, nor recommend them!

Shame on them...such thieves.

Comments

Naha-Shi, Okinawa, Japan #48269

You were late on TWO payments. And you thought they would be overlooking this?

Wrong.

You are an ***. They should have hiked the rate to 69.8% just because you're an ***.

It is obviuos that your credit score is quite low and your credit history is not good enough...those rates are only reserved to high risk customers like yourself.