Vacaville, California
2.5
Additional Fees

My wife and I have had (2) Bank of America credit cards for well over 17 years. My wife lost her job a few years ago, and we acquired high balances on the cards ...

however, we also maintained an excellent payment record. We recently sold a rental property, and used the funds to pay off all of our credit card debt ... which meant both B of A cards had a $0 balance. The following statement, B of A charged interest on the entire PRIOR outstanding balance.

Customer service refused to reverse the charges telling me they were well within their right to charge the interest.

So much for customer service! So even though it will now ding our overall credit score, I cancelled both cards and have no desire to ever do business with B of A again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Credit Card.

Bank Of America Cons: Billing practices.

Comments

People need to learn about credit cards before applying. OR AT LEAST READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Is it that hard? Bet if they worked there they would have zero clue as to what the heck is going on. So annoying.

They should be mad/ embarrassed that they dont know how credit cards work and consequences that come. Even I know and I'm 20.

Vallejo, California, United States #992532

Odd how none of the other credit cards we paid off did this, so yes it speaks volumes to Bank of America. Residual interest or not, they have lost a customer.

to Anonymous #1684619

It speaks volumes that YOU are clueless, silly and don't know how to manage your finances. To top things off, you don't know what taking personal responsibility means and are entitled.

Knowing why you were charged, you still feel entitled to something you haven't earned. No one cares what the other cards did especially not knowing the details of their terms of service. To make things worse, according to you, you're willing to take a credit ding because you're mad.

Yeah, that'll show them won't it? I have a new word you should considering adding to your lexicon, Pyrrhic Victory...

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #992448

This is called residual interest. It's because the previous balance was not paid in full.

Basically, you have to pay in full two times in a row for it to become truly zero. It has nothing to do with BoA, it's how credit cards work!