Verified Reviewer

I had a checking and savings account of over $35,500, and they closed it without warning. No email, no text, no call, nothing.

I've been a loyal customer over 14 years, my family included (some 20+ years).

Today I learn at my local branch that they closed my account, and they refused to give me a reason why. They simply stated that it's in the terms of services that they can close your account at any time if they feel like it. The Bank manager, nor the Risk department manager were willing to help me and just played pass the buck, saying it was out of their hands and department.

You never mess with someone's livelihood, but they are apparently immune to any reparation. DO NOT invest large sums of money into a bank for this reason!

I just hope to god I get my money back. AVOID BANK OF AMERICA!

User's recommendation: Do not open an account with them. If they did it to me, someone who has never stepped out of line once in my lifetime, they can do it to anyone!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Banking Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bank Of America Cons: Poor and rude customer service, Witholding my money for no reason.

Comments