7101 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Additional Fees

We have been with the bank for 25 years and somebody entered my last name as middle name. When the account verification was needed, the error was caught BUT even though it was not my fault, they froze our accounts and told us that we HAD to go to a local branch to get the issue resolved.

I had to take time off work (it ended up taking one hour at the bank and one hour to get there - so half a day of leave spent!!) and I was treated in a less than competent manner. First, they did not want to tell me what was wrong with my name! Even the local employee of BOA got frustrated with his colleague on the phone. It was shocking what they thought my profile was - they had it in the system that I was a foreign national on a visa, they had my husband's work address (which nobody should have access to) as our residential address.

Then I was told that they would, for now, unfreeze the accounts so that tomorrow (pay day) our salaries would be received BUT my husband and I have to take time off work to complete a new signature card - since my name changed (IT NEVER CHANGED you imbeciles!!!

you put it wrongly into the system). Good bye Bank of America!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Customer Care.

Preferred solution: an apology!.

Bank Of America Cons: Customer service.

• Change Bank

Comments

When you go in to the branch, fire B of A and go to a local, community bank or better yet, a credit union. All of the monster mega banks are a bad deal.