I *had been a customer with BOA since 1996 and when I received a letter stating my account could possibly now incur monthly services fees I was alarmed and called BOA immediately. I was assured by the representative that due to my large balance in savings and long time history I would not have any services fees billed to my account.

When I final logged back in to do some investing and moving around of funds I found out BOA had been hitting my checking account for months with service fees - as I only used the savings account every so often not the checking account monthly I was shocked and very upset since I was advised this would not be the case. After escalating to supervisors and managers who basically just advised me to close my account since I was unhappy with the fees I filed my first ever BBB complaint. While they did refund 90 days worth of fees, they did not refund the other 6 months.

I escalated and requested them to pull the call due to the lies and deception but to date BOA has failed to correct this issue. I have since closed my accounts and will not use them ever again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

it took you 9 months to notice? And now you expect them to be able to pull a call center tape after 9 months? I'm with you, *** bank but come on - you have just as much responsibility for the 9 months of fees as they do, the average person would have left just as soon as the first fee hit

Bank Of America Reviews