State: Delaware City: Brandywine Clear all filters (1 of 1477 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Featured
I got a letter on May 6th saying "your accounts listed above will be restricted from use in 50 days and permanently closed 60 days from the date of this notice" Initially I thought this was a scam or a hoax because my wife and I have had an active checking account with...
DeterminedMeerkat575

Just for you folks out there, (if any of you are interested), they did close out my account with no further communication. They just cut me right off.

And to add insult to injury there was still a positive balance which they withdrew and secreted away somewhere. When I phoned them up and asked what happened to that, they would not talk to me because the account no longer existed!! I had knowingly left that money in there to pay off what I owed on my BOA Merchant Account, so when the latter tried to pull the balance that I owed, it got thrown back and I got an email saying "we have been unable to bill for your merchant services". I replied saying "not my fault people, ask your BOA colleagues where my balance is, because I can't locate it - maybe you can?

If you can find it, you can take what I owe you". Needless to say no reply to this, except for a further demand on 1st August. Yesterday I spent one and a half hours on the phone trying to settle this, and got pretty much nowhere, because after talking to 3 different departments they tried to re-direct me to collections, but they had closed for the day! And BTW, they tell me that they have snail mailed me a check for the balance I had left!

In the meantime I opened new accounts with Wells Fargo - needless to say after all their bad press lately they welcomed me with open arms, and so far I have to say compared to BOA it's like chalk and cheese.

BUT NEVER TRUST A BANK. That is the statutory lesson I have learned from this experience!

View more comments
Review
Product
Bank Of America Account
Cons
  • Them treating me like dirt
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Bank Of America Customer Service