BANK OF AMERICA HAD BEEN AT THE TOP OF MY LIST UNTIL YESTERDAY!!!!! MY HUSBAND COULD NOT PURCHASE A SODA OUT OF THE VENDING MACHINE, SO THINKING IT WAS THE JANKY MACHINES, HE TRIES ANOTHER.

STILL, DENIED. SO HE PROCEEDS TO CHECK HIS ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON, & NOTICES HE CAN'T LOG IN! FINALLY HE CALLS CUSTOMER SERVICE, & THE AUTOMATED ANSWERING TELLS HIM HE HAS A NEGATIVE $888,000 BALANCE!!!!! SO WE FINALLY GET A REAL PERSON ON THE LINE, & COME TO FIND OUT BANK OF AMERICA HAD JUST RANDOMLY CLOSED HIS ACCOUNT W/NO NOTICE OR ANYTHING!!

CLAIMING IT WAS A BUSINESS DECISION!!!!! BUT WAIT IT GETS WORSE!!!!!!!! AFTER TELLING HIM THEY'RE CLOSING HIS ACCOUNT, THEY THEN TELL HIM THAT IT WOULD BE 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE THEY UNFREEZE HIS ACCOUNT & SEND HIM A CHECK IN THE MAIL. & ALL THEY COULD TELL MY HUSBAND WAS THAT ITS STATED IN THE CONTRACT ON PG 2 THAT THEY CAN CLOSE THE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME!!

OK FINE, BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR MONEY?! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO BROKE FOR 2 WEEKS FOR NO REASON????

THERE ARE BILLS THAT NEED TO BE PAID!!!! I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT IMMIDATELY!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Banking Service.

Comments

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #674130
Sounds like you aren't closing it... it's been closed for you :cry
Cicero, Illinois, United States #668433

@nikalseyn Mind you, he was at work in the break room dealing w/vending machines and had no cash on him. Regardless, that is beside the point.

@redkitty Thank you very much!!!

I will be looking into that immediately.

I am also closing my account w/them as well. that is bad customer service all around...

to Anonymous Portland, Oregon, United States #669380

OP-Thaknks! I am sorry that you and your husband are going through this.

I agree, BofA's CS department is almost non- existant. take care-Redkitty

Portland, Oregon, United States #668387

OP- I went through a simalar situation w/BofA in 2010. I urge you to make sure your husband's account has not also been turned over to Chex Systems.

BofA called me, told me they were closing my account because of inactivity. They told me they were mailing me the $600 dollars that had been in account.BUT THEY MAILED IT TO SOME ADRESS THAT WAS WRONG AND DID NOT EVEN EXIST. THEY THEN STOPED PAYMENT ON THAT CHECK, MAILED ANOUTHER TO ANOUTHER WRONG ADRESS DESPITE MY TALKING TO THEM THREE TIMES TO MAKE SURE THEY HAD THE RIGHT ADRESS.THREE CHECKS, TWO 1/2 MONTHS LATER MONEY SHOWED UP. WENT TO GET A NEW BANK ACCOUNT SOMEWHERE ELSE-BOFA HAD REPORTED ME TO CHECK SYSTEMS.WHEN I CONTACTED BOFA THEY TOLD ME THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY RECORD OF ME EVER HAVING AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM,SO THEY COULD NOT HAVE FILED REPORT.LEGALY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ARCHIVE PEOPLES ACCOUNT NUMBERS/INFORMATION FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS AFTER ANY TYPE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE.

SOMEONE INCORRECTLY REPORTED ME,THEN PURGED MY INFO FROM THEIR SYSTEM.

I FILED A DESPUTE, BUT IT TOOK MONTHS TO STRAITEN OUT THIS MESS THEY MADE. I just don't want any one else going through what I went through.

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #668012

First of all, I agree that Bank of America is not a place for anyone to bank with. Period.

Best to get another bank and fast. Also, I don't understand why someone would try to buy a can of soda with a credit card. There is a new thing going around.

It is called a dollar bill or coin of the realm. I always carry a few hundred in my wallet in case I want to buy something.

to nikalseyn Rutherford, New Jersey, United States #675289

Well Nika, Some of us who are shall we say " Blue collar don't always have a few extra Hundred to keep in our wallet in case we want to by something Like you Princess, so we use a thing!!!! called a...... Debit Card Wise *** !!