This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
Resolved
4.2
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Apr 10, 2021

We discussed and resolved the issue.

Update by user Mar 27, 2021

I contacted Bank of America customer service and it was after hours. The only way I was able to get through was to pretend my debit card was stolen.

The incredibly dumb virtual assistant, Erica, disconnected me four times. When I finally got the fraud department, they gave me the runaround. They sent a code to my email to verify me, but I no longer have the phone number I had with them when I opened the account.

This is an incredibly rude, incompetent and lazy bank. They charge exorbitant return and overdraft fees.

Original review posted by user Mar 26, 2021

In December of 2020, I opened a checking and savings account with Bank of America. From the very beginning, I knew it was a mistake.

They had all sorts of hidden fees. They closed my account after one week for some obscure reason. Their account closure department was rude.

They shorted me $500.00.

The branch on South Randall Road in Elgin, IL lets the phone ring and ring and never answers.

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. A woman from Bank of America Corporate contacted me by email and then never bothered to fulfill her promise of contacting me again within 2 business days.

User's recommendation: Stay far far away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Bank Of America Pros: Make it sound so good to the ears.

Bank Of America Cons: Terrible to seniors, Phone service operators not trained well, Theives, Long customer service wait always, Unable to assist.

Location: 635 South Randall Road, Elgin, IL 60123