58 views
Verified Reviewer

I noted that a double payment had been made from my bank to Bank of America on June 1, 2020. I contacted BoA on June 1st and advised that a double payment had been made and it would take 7-10 business days to review for a refund on one payment.

My statement was showing a pending -$2100 transaction until June 14th. Then on June 14th the pending transaction disappeared. The $2100 was not in my bank and not applied to my credit card. I called BoA again on June 14th and after being placed on hold for more than 5 minutes for rep to review was advised that the transaction was still pending.

I stated that the 7-10 business days period had expired &;;;;; she advised that it is actually a 14 business day review. Why on earth does it take 14 business days to give me my money back??? I ask to escalate this issue and was advised there is no escalation path and nobody to complain to.

What a great way to run a bank!!! Been a customer for over 25 years, thanks BoA!

User's recommendation: Don't make a billing mistake and make a double payment, you may or may not get your money back a month later.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Credit Card.

Bank Of America Cons: No escalation path, No email contacts, No online complaint center.

Comments