State: Florida City: Miami Clear all filters (14 of 1463 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Bank Of America in Miami, Florida - The individuals in your collection department are condensending and completely rude!

I have tried three times now to settle this account. Originally a Bank of America credit card. I only owed around $300. Midland Credit bought it, because of interest and fees, $655.00. They continue to charge interest on this balance around 18% as best I can figure, and are rude when questioned about it. I asked Bank of America if they could continue to charge interest and was told no. I believe Midland's quote was, "who is Bank of America in this." I have checked other sources and they definitely cannot continue to charge interest. In fact there is a toll free number for the FTC to report this. I plan to call the FTC as soon as this is sent. The most appalling thing is the collections people should be glad to have someone call them with and attempt to pay. Instead they were rude and told me I was wrong and could continue to research this, however, the interest would continue to accrue. Sounds like a reputable company to me. More like thieves.
Review

Bank of America (same story-making homes affordable)

I have the same sstory as everyone else trying to get a modification with making homes affordable and bank of america. bank said I qualified and gave me 3 temporary payments to make, after 3 payments wree made and a month had passed, I never recieved anything, I called and was told they were giving me 3 more temp. payments because I failed to send documents needed "this was not true" they recieved all documents they were asking for again, after those 3 payments, still no word, I called again and was told to make 1 more temp payment, after that no word, I called again and was told to continue making temp payments until I heard from them "with no paper work stating that" I am continuing to do this. But starting to feel I should just save my money for the move when the throw us out. By the way forclosure had never started through the courts until I starting complying with this program"which was suppose to put forclosure on hold" HELP! what now?
#197298

I am applied for the same thing. Was told just keep making your trial payment until you hear otherwise.

Now I get a defelt letter that I need to come up with 8000.00 by Nov 4th. I don't get it did what they asked . Call them and they give me the run around. Told me the money I have been paying was not put to my payment.

It was like interest only. Have been charing me late charges on top of that. Not once did they tell me that. Now the said I should do a short home sale or come up with the money.

Are you joking this is my home. I need some help with this.

Any help out there? :cry

Heather,

They lost my documents 3 times and finally set up the trial 3 month payments. I made the final payment and they told me that it would take another 6 months to get a decision on a permanent modification.

Today I received mortgage default letters and when I called they were not concerned with my modification, but whether or no I waned to make a payment. On the same call I was told they are missing documents. The same document I sent to them twice. Why wasn't I told this last week, or last month?

I am talking to an attorney tomorrow.

They are not getting my home that easy. Buyer beware of Bank of America, and the obama Administration who is offering nothing but empty promises.

Yes I am going through this scam now. I made my final trial payment due April 1, 2010 last week, and now they are sending default letters and asking me to pay more than was agreed upon.

They are now telling me to wait another 6 months for a decision. What are they going to see in 6 months that they can't see today. Oh, I know. "Your debt ratio is too high for a modification." I could have walked away last year when I lost my job, but believing the modification scam was legitimate I sunk another 10K into my home leveraging my then perfect credit.

My house is worth half of what I paid as the neighborhood is littered with foreclosures. Had they modified my loan as promised I would be able to keep my home and pay off all of my creditors.

I am now considering talking to an attorney before I make my next payment. Bank of America is well aware of their unethical behavior and they are dragging this process out to bleed the home owner and tax payer until it makes sense to short sale the property or foreclose.

These Government backed Investors Will not modify a loan that is not in their best interest$$, some people i hear are trying to get help with their income to payment ratio is over 80%!

I am in the same boat. I applied last year and was told that I fit the criteria but since then I have sent 3 sets of the same documents and have been told to call back in 90 days since may of 2009.

I struggle every month to pay my mortgage and I haven't even been given temp.

payments like others have. I contacted Senator Nelsons office about it so hopefully the ball will get rolling now.

View more comments (4)

Bank of America cheats + lies

Bank of America has continuously ripped me off with overdrafts manufactured from their policy of deciding what day and time they subtract my transactions, always putting themselves as the benefactor of their crooked calculations. I called them today to complain (again) and they tell me they can still charge the 35.00 overdraft fee even if I opt out of them paying companies if I use my account when funds aren't there. I guess they feel THET are the law. I'm changing banks tommorrow and will avoid giving any business to anyone connected with them. From the amount of complaints on this site, I'm sure BOA will be chasing their customers away. If it weren't for the government help they would've already gone under.

:p :p :p When you signed up for an account with BoA like every other bank they spell out the clauses and you sign to agree.

Therefore if you have NSF in your account you pay the fee for breaking a contract. Moreover what I have read in this thread is bouncing checks is done intentionally by the complainee's. Perhaps if you were to build a reserve in your account and throw a fay your cigarettes and stop eating out you wouldn't be charge for NSF. You can comp,lain all you want but if you don't have the money in your accouint and issue a check your comminting fraud and I suppose bank robery...

:p :p :p

If you can't afford the extra's you shouldn't make a pig of yourselves....

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT BANK OF AMERICA HAS BEEN THE ONLY MERCHANT THAT CHANGED THERE POLICY IN REGARDS TO RE-PRESENTING A CHECK FOR THE SECOND TIME IF IT WAS RETURNED NSF THE FIRST TIME? MOST MERCHANTS DO THIS AS A COURTESY TO THERE CUSTOMERS TO PREVENT CHARGING THEM A FEE BUT NOT NOW.

AS USUAL THE MONEY HUNGRY BASTARDS WOULD RATHER DRAIN EVERY DIME FROM THERE CUSTOMERS TO HELP THEM PAY THERE DEBTS BACK!!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THAT CONTINUE TO NOT AGNOWLEDGE THAT THIS BANK IS NOT THERE FOR YOU THE CUSTOMER BUT ONLY FOR THEMSELVES. IT SUCKS WHEN YOU OWE BILLIONS AND CANT MAKE YOUR PAYMENT HUH B OF A?

I just finished talking to someone from BOA and they are really rude I got charged another $35 overdraft fee for not having enough funds to charge me for the previous $35 over draft fee. This is just never ending!

:( I to chose the same as you to opt out for payments if there was not enough funds but they still had the transaction go through. This is just there way of making money.

I have been a loyal costumer for over 10 years but I'm also switching banks on Monday before they start messing with my savings account. :(

View more comments (2)
Loss

LOSS MY MONEY IN A BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT

I made a deposit in a bank of america checking account, the teller never told me that the account was closed DUE TO A FRAUDE comitted in another account in which we open a police investigationby the bank and accepted my deposit. The deposit was made to cover a payment that I paid automatic deducted. Now they rejected the payment and charge me a $34 overdraft. And they have the money. Customet service treated me like a thief. I NEED HELP! Be carefull with this bank. In the account where the fraude occurred 3 withdraws of $500 occured in 24 hours which is not possible because you are allow to wuthdraw only $500 every 24 hours. They link my account with this one because my wife is join with my daughther in that account. Mu wife and my daughther opene a police report and nothing happen. We want to see the video of the person who withdraw this cash. Also checks with under the name of my wife NON HER SIGNATURE were cash or deposit in that account
Loss