Verified Reviewer

4.0

On October 3, I phoned BoA to dispute a charge on my Bank of America Travel Rewards card. I recently returned from an extended trip around the U.S.

I didn't have the receipt from my hotel in Las Vegas and when I looked at my monthly bill, I saw a charge for over $359 that I couldn't identify and that i overlooked during my research, additionally, did I have the receipt. I phoned the number on the card and was connected to what was supposed to be the "dispute" dept. To make a long story short, I was transferred to the "wrong" department 6 times and on two occasions held on for over 15 minutes. Each time I told the clerk that I was calling to lift a dispute yet I was continuously transferred to the "fraud: claims dept.

even after I explained my problem. Finally, at approxately 9:10 am on October 5th, I was transferred to the same wrong department again but when I explained my issue to Sarah, she corrected my problem even though she was not in the "Dispute" section.

I am thankful to her. She was great.

User's recommendation: Don't screw up when paying you bills. If you do and need to go to BoA to reverse you error, it will require a lot of time out of your life.

Preferred solution: Make it clear to employees that the "fraud" and "dispute" departments are different and to ensure that another customer isn't given to the "fraud" department six times even after explaining that you are calling about a dispute. .

Bank Of America Pros: Never had any issue until now.

Bank Of America Cons: Interdepartmental operational familiarization.

Comments

#2072607

You sound like a complete basket case. If you're not medicated, you should be

#2072698
@PissedConsumer2072607

Funny, that's what I think about you.

Bank Of America Reviews