West Hartford, Connecticut

In August 2009 I entered into a trial modification with BOA. On March 30, 2010 I received a letter stating that I qualify for a permeant modification. A few months pass and I did not receive any documents BOA claimed they would send. On 10/8/2010 I received a phone call from Emily with BOA stating, "It's not in the best interest of the investor to modify the loan". According to BOA I owed double the amount I saved to bring my loan current. I have since refinanced my home with another lender however not to the degree that BOA would have. In order to refinance I had to have a cosigner on my loan which I could have avoided had the HAPM occurred accordingly. I have had to struggle tremendously to repair the damage BOA has caused. A plummeting credit score and withholding my money were only a few of the issues I had to tackle and continue to. My payments had I had the modification would have been significantly lower than they are currently. This is what I am looking for, completion of the original plan. Trial payment plans are contracts, and the Bank of America broke them by not giving permanent modifications to homeowners who made their trial payments on time and provided the necessary documentation as well as receiving official permanent modification qualifying documents.

I am determined to peruse what is just and honorable. I am aware that several people are in the same predicament. As of now I am not aware of a class action law suite in Ct.; however there are several states engaging in them.

Force the Bank of America to give people who qualify, the loan modification they should have given by now.Trial payment plans are contracts, and the Bank of America broke them by not giving permanent modifications to homeowners who made their trial payments on time and provided the necessary documentation as well as receiving official permanent modification qualifying documents. Obama said, "Millions of Americans who work hard and play by the rules every day deserve a government and a financial system that do the same," Obama said. "It's time to apply the same rules from top to bottom: No bailouts, no handouts, and no copouts. An America built to last insists on responsibility from everybody."

Created: Feb 01, 2012

Issues: HousingShort URL: http://wh.gov/kKZ

Save and Share this URL: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/force-bank-america-give-people-who-qualify-loan-modification-they-should-have-given-now/6DTBJ8G7

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Loan Modification.

Comments

Again, MDK, you are the one who is uneducated. Do you REALLY think over a million people are ALL simple "behind"? LOL For your ignorant information, many of us were CURRENT on our mortgages right up until the BANK ordered us to STOP THE PAYMENTS!

Also, many of these people DID buy homes that they could afford and were well "above" water in that mortgage but because the BANKS got greedy and started their subprime/escalating/balloon/don't qualify loan approval *** with people who had NO way to know better, THEY caused the housing market crash...the BANKS!

THEY caused most of our property values to then plummet until we, too, were underwater through NO FAULT of our own! How is THAT fair? We now owe $200,000 on a home now not worth more than $150,000 because of the BANK?? AND we're paying 5% too?

At any other time in history, people could simply refinance to a lower rate but if they try to do that, BOA and the HAMP "program" screw them up the *** because the homeowners did what they were TOLD to do by people they SHOULD be able to believe and trust! Never in the history of our country has a corporation simply LIED to their customers and CAUSED them to go into foreclosure! Those foreclosures are from LIES by the BANK, ***, NOT lack of money!

Perhaps YOU should educate YOUR pea-sized brain instead of rambling off about things you obviously know nothing about!

Was rejected for makeing home affordable plan,because my wife and i, income was to high, instead accepted by the boa multisate modification agreement, had to have paperwork in houston tx by may31, on may 30th missed fedex by 15 mins, so i drove to the address listed on the modifcation papers, to my surprize the underwriters are a 3rd party not even boa, this is why you cannot talk to underwriter, my question is do they get a % of how much they get the consumer to sign for.We were supposted to be modified on june 1st as in the contract,but boa says it will take upto 60 to 90 days, to become current,my note has increased from 1598 to 1917 a month and priciable increased by 19,000 dollars and in 9.99% interest, we are already 50,000 dollars underwater,by looking in public records i found out boa don"t even own my house, a germany bank out of california does. my question is, if boa is a 3rd party and the underwriters are a 3rd party do they get a percent of what we sign for,and how do they think they are helping us? Is this Legal, or just GREED by boa

This is a home grown Terrorist outfit...who own the government.

God Help Americans

#420846

It took 18 months and submitting the same documentation 8 times and eventually a decline. B of A took me from one program to another 3 programs that were declined without ever a reason!

Why our government let this debacle go on for the past 3 years is beyond me.

It's OK if B of A gets bailed out by taxpayer dollars, but when it's their turn to provide relief, they scam the American homeowner. They need to be fined even more than they have already.