I have a checking account with Bank of America. Every single time I deposited my check, they put a hold on it!

This went on for OVER a year. Each time, I got a different answer. The FINAL time they didn't release the funds in my account, and my cell bill payment was returned for NFS. I called B of A and asked why it was not paid, after I was advised by another B of A it would be.

Her ONLY explanation was, "We don't pay any bills if there is a hold." Now wait B of A, you will let me take out $200 in CASH and TRUST a check you were given, but you don't trust the check enough to release all the funds?

NOW I have a NFS from you AND my cell provider. Folks STAY WAY FROM BANK OF AMERICA!!

Reason of review: Horrible.

I didn't like: Charge fees inappropriately.

Comments

Yes BOA service culture is terrible! Why are you still with them?

You can vote with your feet to another bank. Based on Forbes 2018 Banking survey BOA ranked 10th (of all banks!) as worst bank with 6.28 complaints per billion and 8,069 complaints. Complaints ranged from making loan payments, closing on a mortgage, or even problems with customers disputing fraudulent credit card payments. Bank of America’s complaint list just seems to be institutionalized-- many customer complaints are related to just downright terrible service.

But yet, BOA CEO Moynihan received total compensation of $21.8 million in 2017, which includes stock awards and health insurance benefits. That compared with $87,115 for the median BOA employee.