Verified Reviewer

2.3

Original review updated by user Jan 06, 2021

Bank of America closed my credit card account with no warning due to inactivity. It was my card with the largest credit limit but no rewards such as cash back so I saved it only for emergencies.

I would put a small transaction on a month to keep it active but didn't for the last few months. That's all it took. I've never carried a balance on it, it's never been in default. They just closed it.

Which is going to do a number on my FICO score.

So I'm removing my funds from both checking and savings accounts I have with them and going elsewhere. They do not treat their customers like valued customers.

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bank Of America Pros: Availability, Convenience, Online ability.

Bank Of America Cons: Poor customer service, Overall failure for a good long term customer, No reconsideration offered.

Comments

#1971820

Listen, if you're not carrying a balance, you're not making them money. This means you're worthless to them.

They aren't in the FICO score business nor concerned with your struggles. When you signed up, YOU agreed to this possibility. YOU did READ and UNDERSTAND the terms right? Clearly not as you're here whining like a child.

Banks only have so much credit to offer, they took your unused limit and poof.. Someone magically got a credit line increase.

This is business, stop taking it personally. OK say it..." you must work for them."

Bank Of America Reviews