54 views

Last Jun 2020 I requested a 3 month sabbatical from my monthly payment which was quickly granted. At the time I was led to believe that these 3 payments would be added to the end of the loan.

This was quite the relief because of income at the time. These 3 months were over in August and mortgage payments were to resume September 1. It was at this time when we started receiving a LOT of mail from BOA, most of it was not understandable by either of us. (Note that I am a college graduate).

Also note that due to the pandemic we were only getting our mail once a month so a lot of things were late. After several attempts to reach someone at BOA and also LONG waits on the phone I finally got some answers. It seems BOA wanted us to immediately pay back the 3 months! We were finally given the "opportunity" to move the payments to the end of the loan but it was going to cost us over $600!

They wanted to renegotiate the entire loan. Note that this was a very bad time for most of America as well as us and finding this money was not going to be easy. We did not want to redo the entire loan either. So finally I got pissed at them and let someone have it!

I told them I would just pay back to money over time and if they didn't like it , TOUGH. Haven't heard much from them since.

All their kind words of help during a bad time was all a scam to get even more money from us. I would NEVER tell someone to have any dealings with BOA for anything.

User's recommendation: Have a lawyer with you at any time you have to deal with BOA as they love to confuse you with "lawyer speak" to keep you from understanding.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Account.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Bank Of America Cons: Terrible communication, Very confusing paperwork and mail, Saying one thing and doing another.

Comments