1.6
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

Bank of America has still not contacted me and has done nothing to show any kind of apology which shows no respect to me a long time customer and has protected their employees in a way so that this will happen again. I’m not a happy customer and only had questions which they rudely refused to answer telling me I just didn’t like what they were telling me which was nothing after being transferred and holding for over 30 minutes and getting spoken to as though I was a number and I don’t matter.

Original review posted by user Jul 22, 2018

Between June 30 2018 to July 1 2018 I went online to look at my account and the Bank Of America website would not let me look at my account until I answered the question if I had a dual citizenship, I have been a customer since 1987 and have never been asked if I had a dual citizenship in the 30 plus years I’ve had this account. I called BOA to ask why I was being asked this and they transferred me to Know Your Customer department.

After waiting on hold for 27 minutes Joann answered asked me questions to again confirm my account, I answered all of them and asked her if I could tell her why I was calling, she said yes, I asked why I was being asked if I had a dual citizenship online to enter my account, she was quiet for over 30 seconds without responding in any way, I was being patient, I asked if she was there and she said yes, I asked if she was able to answer my question, she told me to be patient she was trying to find what I was asking, I told her that by her not responding after I asked my question I didn't know if she heard me, she began asking more questions about my account (I believe to verify it?) I answered and remained quiet this time for 2 minutes and asked If she could simply transfer me to her supervisor, she told me I needed to be patient, she got rude with her tone and began to flat out make the situation worse with her words and I said Joann please transfer me to your supervisor, she said that her supervisor was going to have to do the same thing she was and I said thats ok let me speak to your supervisor. Lynett got on the line after a wait and wanted to know why I was calling, I told her I wanted to address Joann's customer service skills and Lynett was just as rude as Joann (It starts at the top and if employees see their supervisors be rude to customers then they will do the same.) I told her my experience with Joann and she told me I needed to be patient with Joann because she was new, I told her perhaps she needs you to sit with her while taking calls so she treats customers with respect, Lynett told me I just didn't like what I was hearing and thats why I was upset, ugh. I disconnected the call, called back and submitted a complaint with BOA and a day or 2 later submitted a BBB complaint, later that week Angelica called to ask what happened, I gave her the whole story and I requested a call from Lynett and Joann for an apology, Angelica told me she would research this and get back to me, the next time she called she said Joann nor Lynett were not at work that day therefore she could not get them on the phone, I asked her to have them write a letter, she said she would see about that. The next time she called she said she was not able to locate them because my call was transferred during my original call, I said you told me they weren't there the last call and now your saying you can't locate them?

She said she never said that they were not there, UGH! Totally dishonest Angelica is! Angelica put it on me saying I should have gotten Lynett and Joann's last names, I told her I asked for them and they would not give them to me, I also asked for their employee ID's and the city they were in and they refused. BOA has been in business a long time and after this long they should have customer service down!

They should be leaders in the industry!

They are terrible! This is not the only bad experience I've had with BOA, I'm tired of it and going to put all future experiences on social media and with the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Apologize for the disrespect..

Bank Of America Cons: Customer service.

Comments