State: Michigan Product: Bank Of America Loan Modification Clear all filters (3 of 86 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Within the last 6 months, we completed a trial program with Bank of America to reduce our mortgage payment & avoid foreclosure. We were told we completed the program & told the amount we were paying would be our new mortgage payment. About a week ago, we received a...
SekhmetMaat

Hi,

I would like to share important advise. This helped me when I was in need.

1) I prayed to God daily and I fast. I also paid tithes weekly.

2) I contacted a lot of free attorneys. Do a google search under your zip code. Search for a "pro se attorney", Probono Real Estae attorney" etc.

3) Create a file of ALL documents you sent and received from the bank

4) Contact an organization called "NACA.org" They have helped a lot of people obtain a 2-3% locked intrest rate for 30 years. (I know everyones situation is different and results vary). But they helped many people. Their services are FREE.

Note: Some people are volunteers at NACA.org. They mean well but lack professionalism. So be patient, and keep copies and records of everything.

5) Try to get elected officials to assist on your behalf. Also contact advocates from community based housing programs.

6) Good blessings/Good Karma comes when you help someone in need. Help someone who is less fortunate.

Good Luck

View more comments

Habitual Bank of America Fraud

; I used Universal Lending to execute a modification (FTC closed their operations for fraud), then had to do it on my own. I had a friend who offered to finance the home, but after three months Bank of America still hadn't responded to multiple requests for payoff. We contacted the attorney in Monroe Louisiana who was handling the forclosure and was told they couldn't get an answer either. They finally sent me a modification just days before my home was up for auction. I signed them and sent them back FedEX. Two days later I recieved another offer. I called and told them I had sent the package off, and was told that it contained an adjustable rate and they could get it waived.. It also added back interest of over $18,000 to the balance due of $118,000 making the total due of over $145,000. Since I was caught between the old rock and hardplace, I told them to go ahead with it and was put on a trial period. I fulfilled the period, (supposedly 3 months, but took over 6 months) and was sent a letter saying I qualify for the modification. The letter also in multiple places said they were preparing Agreement papers and as soon as I got them get them back in the time period stated. The wording actually was "to accept this offer, you will need to sign and return a Modification Agreement that includes the terms and conditions of the permanent modification. We are in the process of preparing your Agreement and will be sending it to you soon. Please be on the lookout for a package in the mail and return the Agreement to us by the requested date so we may finalize you loan modification". I did not recieve them within 4 weeks so I called on and was told if not recieved by June 23, 2010 call back. I waited til June 23 and still no packet. I called and was assured it was "APPROVED" but they were running behind pretty badly. They said call back if not recieved by July 23, 2010. No packet so I called on July 25,2010. Again I was assured it was "APPROVED" and not to worry, it was taking several months to get all the paperwork out. I was told to just continue making the modification agreement payments as I had been doing. I was disabled in Janruary of 2010 and put on weekly disability payments. In Oct 2010 I was put on monthly payments paid on the 21st day of the month so I called and talked to John on the 5th day of December at 12:53 CDT. I explained the situation and he said don't worry, it would not change anything. He asked if I could afford the modification payments where they were and I told him yes. He also told me I could use direct pay by my bank at that time. He also assured me I was approved for modification and would see my paper work soon. On February 23, 2011 I recieved a call from BOA. I returned the call and was told I had been turned down. They transfered me to the DESIREE TEAM. I talked with a supervisor named Julie Nye. She said my payment was $1184.96. I explained that I had been approved each of my statements showed to continue the $983.32 Payments. She asked me to fax all that to her and she would post it to my folder. I also asked her about the turn down, and she said it did not reference that in my account. She said it showed I was still under "REVIEW". I explained the approval letter and she asked that it be sent also. Then last night, February 23, 2010 I recieved another call from another dept of BOA. I was told I had been turned down and I would be sent another packet. She also said not to be surprised if I recieved a forclosure notice and not to ignore them. She said they were sending me another package to see what other program I qualify for. So eleven months after I was sent an approval letter , and over 18 months since the process started they are now wanting to steal my home. I am now on permanent disability and would probably not qualify for any program. Where do I go from here? I have already went to the Federal Trade Commission and Louisiana's AG These people need to be the Next ENRON> They are far worse!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Anonymous,

I read your complaint about BofA. There is something that you can do.. Espescially with BofA and if they are trying to foreclose on your property. Lenders got greedy and got caught..If you are upset with your lender you can take them to court and sue them. If you took your loan out or refinanced between 2002 and 2009 your loan may have beed securitized. If it was, you have a case against them. If you would like to know more give me a call at 760-324-6410..

Even if you lost your home in foreclosure. You could not get your house back but you could get a cash settlement for all your troubles..So, if you like give me a call if you get my voicemail leave me your name and number.Or e-mail me back at dallas92270@yahoo.com and be sure to put "Sue my lender" in the subject line so I do not mistake it for spam and delete it, also the best time to contact you and at what number.Now is the time to take the decision making power away from your lender and level the playing field in a court of law.. Thank You and Take Care, Dallas

Bank Of America Loan Modification

Bank Of America in Taylor, Michigan - Lose my house for 2400.00?!?!?

Here we go. Lost my job, side biz failed and son was born with a birth injury in the last three months of 09. Applied for loan mod and attained trial payments untill fate of mod was decided. Payments were 343.00 less than intial payments I had made(without ever missing or being late for 7.5 years). Sent in all of my fincial info...three times. The only reason I did this is because I called for updates!! They did send on letter stating they need more info, which I provided within a week. 2 months after that I noticed my credit score was taking a huge hit and I was delinquent on my home loan. Called BoA and after about an hour of trnfers and new numbers to call, found out that indeed I would ruin my credit in the process of modifing my loan. But based on the out come, i.e. whether I was deemed worthy of the mod, my credit would be cleared, but if I did not qualify, I was to repay what every I was behind on during my trial period. That sucked hearing that. Then I was told to resend everything AGAIN!!! Never was told about the 30 day rule. Didn't know when the 30th day was either. This was in the middle of June of 2010. Faxed everything from my local BoA branch July 5th. Waited and waited. On 8/22/10 I recieved a letter stating I was declined the mod. Why you ask? Missed the 30 day deadline that I wasn't aware of. Called BoA on 08/23/10 and of course they saw nothing that said I was declined and I did in fact receive a temporary mod until my unemployment ran out of I found a job, in which case I would be granted a permenent mod. What a load off my shoulders. Until I got a deed in lieu of forclosure solicitation from who else? BoA. Called to find out what that was all about. I was told I was declined on 08/24/10. An appeal was issued and also declined. When I ask why I was told everything was ok a few days earlier, I was told the system didn't update until 08/24/10. How odd, right? Needless to say I still be making my temporary payments had I not called. So now I'm stuck mhaving to repay the difference of the five months I made the trial payments. $2400.00 by 09/24/10 or my loan is going to foreclosure review. By the way, that'a a day after my 31st birthday. So thanks for the present, BoA!

I am really frightened right now. I have been getting the run around from BOA since the last part of 09.

I have been receiving Notices of Intent to Accelerate. Each time I call to ask about the modification application, I get no information. I am told to give it a bit longer and that the records show my application is under review. Then I get a an offer for a Deed in Lieu of Forclosure.

Turn over your keys and we might give you $3,000 to relocate! After over an hour on the phone today being transferred from one department to another, I was left with the answer to give it another 48 hours and then if I hadn't heard anything I should call back. I was told that I was being considered by an internal loan modification by BOA rather than MHA because I was only 2 months behind on my payments when I applied!

I haven't seen anything on MHA sites that indicate that it is a requirement to be more than 2 months behind. It seems BOA is scamming us and I am really frightened of losing my home.

Had similar incident. Said they didn't receive initial paperwork but sent certificates for payments.

Called 3 times because of missing paperwork. All 3 times, B of A stated not to worry, paperwork was in order.

Found out 6 months later that I did not qualify because paperwork was not in on time. Now I need full payment or house will be foreclosed on.

MAXEXPTX

PLS Contact me - BOA is deceptive and predatory servicer. Class Action - We need to work together

View more comments (2)
Review
#196241 Review #196241 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss