South Bend, Indiana

Bank of America should be renamed Beat Up Americans. A Washington D.C.

hotel screwed up and debited my personal debit card for $340 for a one night stay instead of billing my corporate Amex card. Problem is they did so 4 months after my stay. I had about $330 in my account when the debit came through erroneously. I got the hotel to admit its mistake and write a letter on company letterhead acknowledgeing their responsibility in causing my personal account to be overdrawn.

But by the time I realized the overdraft I had used my personal debit card twice for two small purchases ... each under $10. Bank of America charged me $105 ($35 each) for the overdrafts (1- hotel, 2 my debit transactions.) I went to the bank letter in hand and plead nicely to return my $105 and showed them the letter indicating it was no fault of mine. They refused to give me my money back.

They saw fit to take advantage of this opportunity to strip me of $105 even when I had personally done nothing wrong and had a major hotel chain accepting responsibility for the mistake. The heartless bastards at Bank of America couldn't live without robbing me of $105 ... so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shut down my accounts as soon as I could rearrange all my auto payments and withdrawals. This, when the CEO is being ordered to forfeit his salary and bonus for the raping of America.

I encourage everyone to withdraw their money, close their accounts, and send Bank of America a message that they can no longer Beat Up Americans for the sake of their wealthy shareholders. Let them burn in *** and hope I don't get to them before satan does.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Comments

Umm no... They're the criminals.

Quote:

"Bank Of America Complaint by JoeConsumer

Filing a new complaint about

Bank of America should be renamed Beat Up Americans. A Washington D.C. hotel screwed up and debited my personal debit card for $340 for a one night stay instead of billing my corporate Amex card".

Pray tell which card did you present to the Hotel?

If they deducted funds owed from your personal account, then chances are you gave them your personal card to pay for the room!!!

If both cards were on file then I assumke you used the hotel quite often? in which case there is no mention of a frequent stayer discount and you should have double checked your checkout information.

On what you wrote I strongly suspect it took 4 months to be deducted from your account because you didn't have a deductablew balance in either account.

Besides why should the honest patron and bank customer pay for your inadiquecies and crooked ways...

we need to file a class action lawsuit!

we need to file a class action lawsuit!

My student loan check was stolen back in June 2009. I found out it was deposited in an account an the Bank of America in West Point GA.

I have yet to recieve my money back. I contacted Bank of America on Tuesday November 10 I was called at 5:09 pm and was told my case was too old to investagate. I had the police involed BOM told police they would handle the matter internally.

I am not stopping until I get my money back. It seems that BOM is protecting criminals!