Verified Reviewer

I have been a customer of Bank of America for thirty-five years. My wife and I opened personal and business accounts with Rainier Bank in the spring of 1985.

That bank was acquired by Seafirst Bank which was in turn acquired by Bank of America. Over the years, we have had credit cards, personal loans, car loans, HELOCs, investment accounts, business accounts, and business lines of credit with Bank of America. And, over the years, we have had to stop using various services of Bank of America because they were too frustrating and difficult to use as a customer. Several years ago we stopped using Merrill Lynch Bank of America because we could not log into our accounts and we could not reach out to an investment representative in a timely manner.

After several months and several telephone calls trying to solve these problems, we moved our investments to Charles Schwab.

This past year we have had more and more problems getting timely resolutions to little problems at Bank of America. The biggest frustration is that we cannot reach anyone at Bank of America in a timely manner. And, when we do talk to someone, they can only help us with one single issue. There are so many departments at Bank of America and no banker seems to be qualified to do anything outside of their own department.

The last several times we have called Bank of America on the telephone, the average hold time has approached or exceeded sixty minutes.

And, on more than one occasion, we were cut off while on hold and had to call back. In frustration, we have scheduled meetings at our local branches on three occasions in the last few months. None of our problems were solved in any of these meetings. Because of CoVid-19, neither my wife nor I wish to hold face to face meetings at this time.

But, because no one on the telephone could solve our problems, we scheduled the meetings in person and were disappointed again. Every single person we have dealt with has been polite and professional. But they have not solved any of our problems. Professionalism and politeness will not replace the resolution of problems that Bank of America has built into place to stop its bankers from helping its customers.

In my last scheduled meeting with a Bank of America banker I wished to deal with the following issuesGetting my visa card rate adjusted to the same percentage rate as my wifesFind out the status on my HELOC Complain for the fourth time about credit cards being turned down intermittently without explanation when shopping on lineComplain about the extremely long telephone hold times when calling Bank of AmericaA $20.00 fee on our saving account that was to have been removed three prior times but was still showing on the account.

At the end of my meeting, none of these issues had been dealt with.

The banker with which I scheduled the meeting was very busy and wanted to place me on the telephone on hold to a credit card representative. As I told her, one of the reasons I was meeting her was that the telephone representatives would not answer a call in a reasonable time. Furthermore,She could not locate my HELOCCould do nothing about any credit card issueCould do nothing about hold times.Could not address the $20.00 fee because she had too many other customers waiting for help in the lobby

So, my wife and I had already pulled our investments away from Bank of America. We have now closed out our HELOC and our car loan from Bank of America.

We are now considering whether we should close out our remaining accounts altogether.

The systems Bank of America has designed for ordinary customers are really frustrating. We do not have these problems with other financial institutions.

We are never placed on hold for hours at a time. As a customer for thirty-five years, I am so very disappointed.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bank Of America Pros: Convenience.

Bank Of America Cons: Poor customer service.

Location: 415 State Avenue, Marysville, WA 98270