Additional Fees

5 day hold on a payroll check from a school district AFTER they told me it would be available by 5:00 that day. Called customer service because it was Saturday when I figured it out and was told NO ONE in ALL of B of A can release any funds for an account.

I recorded the entire conversation when I figured out that no one would believe 1. the info they gave and 2. the rudeness of the so-called "supervisors." They put me on hold for over 30 minutes total. In fact, after they kept telling me there was nothing they could do, I told her she needed to find someone who could help me resolve this problem.

She said there was no one but she could put me on permanent hold. They refused to give me their call center ID or their operator ID out of fear of their safety.

Ridiculous that these employees with their made-up names be as rude as they want and not have any record of it. It was never resolved because they put me back into the queue and I was hung up on.

Reason of review: Hold on payroll funds.

Preferred solution: Release my funds.

I didn't like: Incapable and unqualified staff, Customer service and concern for customers, Nobody to talk to for help.

Comments

Know your Bank of America: - Banks have been fined $242 Billion since the banking crisis (2007). According to Keefe, Bruyette and Woods, Bank of America leads with $76 billion in fines.

- Two years ago, the banking industry had the worst reputation among the 11 industries per the Reputation Institute. Bank of America remains next to last in that ranking for banking. - Per Consumer Affairs based on 440 ratings thus far this year, they received a 1.5 out of 5 for customer service. - For 2018: Bank of America accused of aiding $102M Ponzi scheme (Jun 2018) Bank of America “systematically” misled clients about stock trades (Mar 2018).

Bank of America agreed to pay a record $42 million fine.

- Bank of America (BOA) CEO Moynihan received a total compensation of $21.8 million in 2017. That compared with $87,115 for the median BOA employee.

Boa sucks