Cleveland, Ohio

Terrible customer service, shoddy practices, ridiculous excuses on why they take your money. I deposited a check into my saving account and they pulled money out of my savings and put it in checking for a supposed overdrawn amount.

I called and asked why if I don't have overdraft protection that they took money out of my account. I was told that if the account is inactive for 90 days they will take whatever you have in any of your accounts and move it to whatever account is in the negative and they don't need your permission to do it. I did not authorize this nor was I ever made aware of this shoddy practice. I have closed out my checking account already and am in the process of closing out my savings.

As soon as I pay my credit card off- that will go next.

I am going to stick with my credit union that is in my community and cares about their customers and not how much money they can take. The most terrible experience I have ever had with a bank!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Account.

Bank Of America Cons: Exorbitant fees, Customer service is fraudulant, Incompetence.

Comments

Bye...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All banks and credit unions can do what you stated.

one thing...you omitted information most people may not realize.

Your checking account was negative

for over 60 days...so the bank will transfer money from another deposit account to cover the money YOU owe them.

*** person!

bobs2015

Bank of America is definitely NOT a place to do your banking, from my experience. Find another.

A good credit union is better than most banks for general, everyday banking. If you must go with a major bank, try Chase.